Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 53 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Quote Originally Posted by bellasmum View Post
    hi, sorry im new to ebid, thought i would try it as an alternative to e**y. paid £1.99 for a week, listed a couple of items, but no luck, havent bothered since. Just checked my bank statement and realised ebid have continued to take the £1.99 out of my account each week, even though i have not been using it! Is this right? Didnt realise it was ongoing. Thanks for any advice.
    Yes this is correct, if you read the subscription info it does tell you that this is a recurring subscription and will continue until you cancel.

How many 1.99's have you paid?

Forum Newbie
    All-About djsfinds
    View djsfinds's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am new and I guess that I am a little confused about the fees for a seller. I just purchased the $6.99 for 30 days. Does that mean unlimited listings for $6.99 through 30 days? And as far as the promo rate of $49 for lifetime- is that
    fee per year or a flat $49 for life? I appreciate your information.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djsfinds View Post
    I am new and I guess that I am a little confused about the fees for a seller. I just purchased the $6.99 for 30 days. Does that mean unlimited listings for $6.99 through 30 days? And as far as the promo rate of $49 for lifetime- is that
    fee per year or a flat $49 for life? I appreciate your information.
    It's for life and any subscriptions you've previously paid ( like your $6.99 recurring subscription) will be debided from the $49.
    When you consider that you can list as much as you want ( I have over 3500 listings) for as long as you want AND ebid will upload it to google products for you ( if you follow the guideance) it's a real bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    are RunTilSold, so will not be seen on the frontpage or forums as Closing Auctions.
    That makes sense. So how does one change a listing from Run Until Sold to a specific end time?

I tried changing my listing but the system gives me an error message for "Auction Duration", a tag that does not correspond to anything in the listing form.

Forum Newbie
    View cfdistributors's Feedback (+8)
    All-About cfdistributors
    View cfdistributors's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question key words ?

hi everybody, I see on my home page it say key words ( NONE ) I can't find what it means or where i can put them for my auctions or store.

thanks Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by OdiesCoins View Post
    That makes sense. So how does one change a listing from Run Until Sold to a specific end time?

I tried changing my listing but the system gives me an error message for "Auction Duration", a tag that does not correspond to anything in the listing form.
    Some of those error messages and the way the settings interact do need a little work on them -- it's one of my pet gripes, but admittedly there are more important features to implement on the site so it doesn't merit putting at the top of the wish list.

I usually find when I try to do things like that that if I go back to the edit and think carefully about each setting and the ones nearby I can change it successfully. Sorry not to give a more specific answer, maybe someone else will.

One thing I know you can't change without starting over with a new auction is adding a gallery photo. Even if there's already a photo within the auction itself.
    Last edited by johnwash1; 15th June 2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: typo
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Wink Need Help Advertising!!!!

Morning All, I'm finally catching on and have my store open. It's been a rough week naviagating the new system for me.

Again Thanks too all you Kind people who walked me through this.

I'm looking for ways to Advertise and get my Feedback #' up. I have emailed all of my Clients on the other side, which caused e**ay to send me a nasty letter telling me it is against policy to do this, But whats done is done.....Their only pi**ed that i posted Ebid.net on the letter.

I know i need to shop around and purchase from others but i'm quit busy posting my inventory. I don't know how to post links or ads and everyones forum site looks Awesome.

OH, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU DADDIES!!!
    sherri

johnwash1: Thanks for the answer. Worse case, I can cancel and relist.

Quote Originally Posted by millhousesilks View Post
    ...I have emailed all of my Clients on the other side, which caused e**ay to send me a nasty letter telling me it is against policy to do this, But whats done is done.....Their only pi**ed that i posted Ebid.net on the letter.
    They're certain to have automatic searches of all mails you send through eBay's own system. That's why they like to offer to withhold your own email address when you communicate through 'My Messages', so they can monitor everything you write. Send emails direct when you can and be careful what you say when you can't.

Good luck!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Cool Holiday mode

I am a way on my holiday soon, is there a way to let people know, like a button to click so it is automated or will I have to add it in my shop somewhere, and cancel my listings, if you could have a system were as once you tick it, if you have a shop it will be displayed as, a way from 01/01/08 until 30/01/08 for example but you can still buy but it will not be posted until I get back, and a similar in the listing, this would make life a little easier.

Cheers Dave

Thread Information