Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 48 of 153 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Quote Originally Posted by OdiesCoins View Post
    Maybe that's why my sales for the same items on eCrater are significantly better than here.

And, since they allow AuctionFB links to eBay feedback in the listings, isn't that policy a bit inconsistent?

eBid has less than 5% of eBay's listings (652,057 vs. 14,093,378) and a significantly lower traffic share (eBay rank:18 - eBid rank 15,046).

Is there a way to recommend to them that this might be a policy that needs re-examination if they want to realistically compete with eBay?
    Feebay's lawyers stopped eBid importing feebay feedback some years ago.
    eBid will import feedback from other sites, just not feebay.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=102554
    I'd rather eBid used their income to grow the business, not waste it on the cost of a lawsuit.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 7th June 2008 at 03:24 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by millhousesilks View Post
    Ok, i managed to get some work done. Still can not open the store, Error not on line, How do i get on line, I'm working on line....and 2nd my discriptions look terrible, to much run ons and no space. Did i forget to download something, cause i tried to do that for the multi listing and can't even get that done.

Nanee in distress, guess i have to paid to get it done, and then i'll really feel stupid. Thanks all.

Have a great Friday Nite.
    sherri
    Sherri, info on opening a store
    Threads
    step by step with images for opening a store
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.php?p=582320&postcount=2%20

Adding Categories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.php?p=637774&postcount=5

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.php?p=637777&postcount=6

PDF
    http://www.po4online.co.uk/images/ebid%20store.pdf
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I'd rather eBid used their income to grow the business, not waste it on the cost of a lawsuit.
    Are we allowed to write our current feebay F/B MANUALLY on anything?

(I wouldn't know how to 'import' it, really!)

EG- am I allowed to say '5 years trading and 100% pos F/B on ***y', for example?
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    EG- am I allowed to say '5 years trading and 100% pos F/B on ***y', for example?
    I'd be very surprised if you weren't, and I don't feel you need be coy about saying eBay either.

As I understand it, it's not the site owners' wish to stop you importing feedback (i.e. all the detailed comments), it's the eBay lawyers that have tied their hands, claiming they have copyright on eBay feedback comments. Mentioning generalities seems a perfectly sensible way of giving buyers reassurance.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Didn't know that. That's why I asked.

Thanks for the link

The only question I have is why eBay singled out eBid. At least one other site has been doing that for over 2 years that I know of.

I checked the link from Gothicina about importing feedback and it's obvious you foks prefer that it not be done.

So, being the new guy on the block, I'll play by your rules.

Thanks for answering my question.

Odie

Quote Originally Posted by OdiesCoins View Post
    I checked the link from Gothicina about importing feedback and it's obvious you foks prefer that it not be done.

So, being the new guy on the block, I'll play by your rules.
    Oh don't imagine we all march in step around here, there's always some contrarians!

I think on this issue it's not so much whether each of us prefer to have feedback imported or not imported -- I'm sure there's various views on that. But whether to see eBid suffer an outrageously expensive lawsuit, that would indeed be likely to unite us!

Though it looks like you have sackfuls of coins, Odie -- I've just thought of a cunning plan on who could pay the lawyers!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Though it looks like you have sackfuls of coins, Odie -- I've just thought of a cunning plan on who could pay the lawyers!
    Hmm....... Let me think on that one awhile.

Hi,

I've just joined up from the other side and trying to figure stuff out. It's a little different over here. One thing I can't do is run a browse of all the auctions that are finishing. Used to love doing this on the other side it was like pot luck and you never knew what you were going to see and ultimately buy. Don't really like having to click each category. Any help on how to do as my search keeps asking for key words and as I'm not looking for anything specific this is not what I want. I'm sure I'm not the only one that used to do this!

Smile question

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our FAQ page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the FAQ pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Hi Gazza I have placed a photo on my profile but I want to remove it how do I do this?

Thread Information