Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 47 of 153 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Not restricting where you sell is another.
    My experience with shipping internationally is:

1. Too many buyers have asked me to mark the customs form as a "gift" after they bought my product. Cancelling a sale like this automatically opens one up for negative feedback.

2. Depite the weak US dollar, the VAT pushes up the overall price for what I sell to the point where buyers are turned off.

3. Shipments of coins across international borders tend to get "lost in the mail" and the ability to track a shipment beyond US borders is deplorable.

If anyone on the "other side of the pond' has different experiences, I would welcome hearing them. Otherwise, my margin does not allow for even one "lost" item

Odie

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cldiva View Post
    No place noted anywhere on the onvoice of how to do this, but I did refresh after changing the shipping on the 2nd item & the total changed. Just waiting to see how she is making payment now! I accept money order, Pay Pal, Google, Bank Transfer.
    P.S. Merlin, I did get 1 store opened yesterday & the banner looks awesome.
    Thanks again,
    Linda
    glad your up and running

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Importing feedback from over on the darkside is not permitted by them.
    Maybe that's why my sales for the same items on eCrater are significantly better than here.

And, since they allow AuctionFB links to eBay feedback in the listings, isn't that policy a bit inconsistent?

eBid has less than 5% of eBay's listings (652,057 vs. 14,093,378) and a significantly lower traffic share (eBay rank:18 - eBid rank 15,046).

Is there a way to recommend to them that this might be a policy that needs re-examination if they want to realistically compete with eBay?

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OdiesCoins View Post
    Maybe that's why my sales for the same items on eCrater are significantly better than here.

And, since they allow AuctionFB links to eBay feedback in the listings, isn't that policy a bit inconsistent?

eBid has less than 5% of eBay's listings (652,057 vs. 14,093,378) and a significantly lower traffic share (eBay rank:18 - eBid rank 15,046).

Is there a way to recommend to them that this might be a policy that needs re-examination if they want to realistically compete with eBay?
    ebay thinks of ebid as a competitor ebid was warned off about importing feedback the other sites have not been warned off but they will soon ,
    if you can afford to fight ebay through the courts then go for it

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

and your feedback links should only be on listings if you have no auctions running

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    and your feedback links should only be on listings if you have no auctions running
    Missed something here. Could you please elaborate?

Question I am so out of my inviroment HELP!! Newbie...

Ok, i managed to get some work done. Still can not open the store, Error not on line, How do i get on line, I'm working on line....and 2nd my discriptions look terrible, to much run ons and no space. Did i forget to download something, cause i tried to do that for the multi listing and can't even get that done.

Nanee in distress, guess i have to paid to get it done, and then i'll really feel stupid. Thanks all.

Have a great Friday Nite.
    sherri

Quote Originally Posted by OdiesCoins View Post
    At least you appear to remember what it feels like
    to start new in a strange place.

Many of the answers I am getting here remind me of the answers I got
    when I asked for directions during my first trip to New York City.

Thanks for understanding that I am a bit overwhelmed
    trying to learn how to operate on a new site
    while also trying to run an active business.
    Glad you got your link fixed!

Hey, American directions? At least you already knew what a 'block' is -- took me a while to figure out even that!

Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Wink Question for today!

Morning EBID. Is their a VACATION mode for my store and auctions? Going on a week vacation at the end of the month.

Many thanks again to all you great folks who have helped me get online and at least start the store process. I have much to learn and many ideals from all of you.

What a great site to be apart of.
    sherri

There is a holiday message facility that you can use to say there may be a delay in shipping.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information