Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 45 of 153 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OdiesCoins View Post
    May I respectfully suggest the poster probably has no idea what you are talking about?

A response like " By the way, all capitals is considered shouting in internet protocol." might be more effective.
    Although you do have a valid point there as far as a total internet newbie would be concerned,the op says "TRYING TO LEAVE FEEBAY, I HAVE A FEEDBACK OF 930 ".I think we can presume he is aware of internet protocol!

Forum Newbie
    All-About linny66
    View linny66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy More of a question???

Hi,
    I am unhappy with the lack of results....I have listed many good things,this past month.No one is bidding...don't say lower your prices,I 've had high and low prices,nothing is selling.Is there an audience out there??

New and frustraded!!

Quote Originally Posted by linny66 View Post
    Hi,
    I am unhappy with the lack of results
    Ditto.

Lots of lookers but no buyers.

Ditto.

Lots of lookers but no buyers.
    You're both in the USA, I don't know what the figures are but eBid has had much less time over there, so perhaps it will take a while for enough people to learn about eBid's existence there.

But if ebay.com is shooting itself in the foot the way ebay.co.uk is right now (do I mean foot? more like blowing its brains out, if it had any), well, I think you'll see things increasing fast.

Welcome, and look around for tips on how to get your auctions seen on Google, payment options, etc etc. Good luck.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I see that neither of you have added a signature link in your posts so people have an easy way to find your listings from the forums http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959. There have been numerous posts about this. You both still have a zero for feedback, and have not taken up the suggestion of buying a few things to kickstart your feedback, have you emailed your old customers to tell them where you are? Not restricting where you sell is another. There is plenty of information on how to make things work here and plenty of advice from people.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I see that neither of you have added a signature link in your posts so people have an easy way to find your listings from the forums
    Please look again. The blue logo with the link to my listings should be fairly obvious.

Thanks for the other suggestions.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I will try to be diplomatic here as well as not making myself look like an idiot. Maybe it's only the situation for ME personally, but when i click on "My Listings" under your horizontal logo, OldiesCoins, the list of what I am selling (meaning TexasAda) comes up for me, not the list of what Oldie's Coins is selling. I wonder if the same thing happens to everybody else who clicks on "My Listings" for Oldie's Coins. I hope this is actually helpful and not just a report of a random bug affecting only me, and that this is not something to further fog the concept.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please look again. The blue logo with the link to my listings should be fairly obvious.

Thanks for the other suggestions.
    The signature link isn't set up correctly- it's leading anyone who looks to their own listings- not yours. I haven't checked your auctions but can i ask if you have made them eligible for the google products free upload? Even if not all buyers have heard of ebid, they will have heard of google and many may use google to search for that elusive item. There's plenty of advivece on how to qualify for google products uploads on the forums- just do a forum search or start a new thread for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    ... There's plenty of advice on how to qualify for google products uploads on the forums- just do a forum search...
    There's plenty of advice, but the very people who need that advice probably aren't yet too comfortable with how to do a forum search or what to search for.

So it would be much kinder to give them useful links. But I can't criticise you for not doing so because I'm not either! I'm already 20 mins late for my lunch! Sorry. I'm sure someone will give links shortly.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

OK, that's got lunch out the way.

Perhaps the most useful part of the forums to start browsing is http://helpdesk.ebid.net/forumdispla...=54&order=desc (Selling, Starting Auctions & eBid Stores). An overwhelming amount of good advice among those threads.

Post #14 in http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=105844 has a number of good pointers.

I'm sure there must be other good links for a new user to find advice. Maybe there'll be additions when people come back from lunch!

Thread Information