My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Quote Originally Posted by stavroski View Post
    Is it possible to alter the reserve price when an auction has started?

If so is there any time limit?
    As long as no one has put in a bid, I think you can change almost everything on the listing, add photos, etc. After that, no.

Quote Originally Posted by TREC11 View Post
    Hi , I have been trying to sell my stamps on this site on and off for 3 years without much success and have now decided to try again.How do I know that I am getting International coverage as I seem to get very few looking at my listings. Is this quite common and am I following the right procedures?Any help would be much appreciated.
    Welcome back! Views don't note origin, so impossible to say if you are attracting in't people or not. If you don't have inter'l sales, I think answer is probably no.

Fewer views might mean problem with google downloads or titles/descriptions that are not searchable. Make sure you use buy it now on listings to have ebid downlaod and make sure you use 10 automatic relists too. Google, always mysterious, might be using this to sort out listings with shorter duration, so best to show them you will be listing/relisting until sold. So, small thing to do,so why not use that setting on everything?

Good searchable title and description affect views too, and are important for both ebid and google searches. If your titles are weak you will get fewer viewers = fewer sales. Descriptions are also searchable. Again, this can make difference between no one seeing your listings, and hundreds or thousands seeing them. Check out web info on this, i.e don't waste space w/ non searchable words (wow, pretty, look here), mention name of what you are selling (stamp, card), dates, etc. Big subject, lots of infor elsewhere on web about key words.

Make sure that all this checks out by doing google search to make sure your things are over there.

After things are ok there, check out forum selling tips.

Big mistake to think you will be selling to feebay customers. They are only part of ebid pool of buyers. Majority of our buyers come from google and are very savvy shoppers all over the web. So bringing over your feebay listings, etc, will not tempt them to buy, you need to offer them solid info, good prices, fair shipping, etc. Polish everything.

A little work to make above changes, but consider the potential size of the buyer pool from google, many many times that of feebay. So well worth learning some new marketing techniques to appeal to them and getting their sales.

Recent poll set average time to first sale on ebid as 2-3 weeks. Check out above and forums, make changes, and the sales will start to come. Be alert, continually tweek things, offer new sales, new listings added frequently to keep all the buyers interested.

Someone is always here to answer questions, 24/7. A bunch of night owls!!!! Or is you are shy about asking more questions, simple send a private message. All of us will be glad to help you. Good luck.

If I upgrade to seller+, and bulk upload from my Ebay shop, all of my Rbay listings, have links to the Ebay shop in the item description. Will these automatically be expunged, when I import, or do I have to remove them all individually.

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

They will we imported within the description but you can use the 'Bulk Editor' to search for the start of the tag (code), then replace them with a blank.

I need feedback help. I was just left one that called me a "liar". The Q.& A. record between the the seller and I clearly shows that I asked the seller for an invoice, and they answered that "Sorry, it is out of stock". The listing said 24 available, and likely still does. If I recall correctly, the "pay now" buttons on the listing did not work, and thus being a newbie here I requested an invoice.

Is there help for me? Who do I contact?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post
    I need feedback help. I was just left one that called me a "liar". The Q.& A. record between the the seller and I clearly shows that I asked the seller for an invoice, and they answered that "Sorry, it is out of stock". The listing said 24 available, and likely still does. If I recall correctly, the "pay now" buttons on the listing did not work, and thus being a newbie here I requested an invoice.

Is there help for me? Who do I contact?
    Definitely help to be found in that situation. Contact ebid support using the help > contact form, or email support@ebid.net and quote the item ID and history of events.

Thank you. I will contact support as you suggested. In the meantime, I have heard from this seller who called me a "liar", and they suggested I cancel the feedback left for them, and they will do the same. Having been a seller on the "other" site for over 12 years, I simply don't understand this other than their "liar" stuff was retaliatory. It hurts them worse than it hurts me I guess.

I always pay. I could not pay them since their "paynow" links were dead and I requested an invoice. Oh well. I bookmarked the page and will update if there are any more issues.

Your reply is most appreciated indeed.

minervabird

Thank you for your help, all is good now.

Forum Newbie
    All-About kellinga
    View kellinga's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our FAQ page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the FAQ pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    Gazza
    I need assistance with the shipping cost format when bulk uploading. Kelli

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kellinga View Post
    I need assistance with the shipping cost format when bulk uploading. Kelli
    Instructions and examples are included in the spreadsheet.

Thread Information