Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Forum Newbie
    View amber2431's Feedback (+2)
    All-About amber2431
    View amber2431's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. I was charged the monthly fee TWICE. I've emailed info@ebid.tv and haven't been answered. My user ID is amber2431 and the payment reference is 00ER7CQW6T1AKLHNPI. p.s. I checked My Fees and it's only showing one payment, but my checking account shows two - 11/06 and 11/08. Thanks. Joyce

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amber2431 View Post
    Hi. I was charged the monthly fee TWICE. I've emailed info@ebid.tv and haven't been answered. My user ID is amber2431 and the payment reference is 00ER7CQW6T1AKLHNPI. p.s. I checked My Fees and it's only showing one payment, but my checking account shows two - 11/06 and 11/08. Thanks. Joyce
    Hello Joyce. Your post isn't likely to be spotted o this thread (which is about what questions we think should be added to the FAQ). I recommend you either start a new thread, or contact support direct. Their contact details are on the help page, or you can email them at support@ebid.tv

Default brought fake item what do i do

hi i brought a ds game which turns out to be fake ? i paid by paypal but they have told me i cannot get my money back .what do i do?

how can i report non contact from seller despite the fact that i mailed him thrice and phoned twice.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

As i stated in post 131, If you are looking for help and advice, please start new threads for your questions. this thread is about additions for FAQ page- not specific issues.

Default item not recieved

its been about 2 months and i still havent recieved my item,how do i complain.

Default uploding and store catagories

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our FAQ page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the FAQ pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    Gazza
    I wish to upload nearly 2000 products. I have the information on my own excel spreadsheets but I cannot upload the information onto Ebids spreadsheet. How can I overcome this problem to get all my products listed on ebid correctly?
    also where do I find information on store catagories?

flashman1961

I have no idea how to make a new post so presume you, being and administrator will be OK with me writing to you. I have had problems finding any way to feed back.

This is my problem. I see your site and think 'great' and alternative to ebay... I read your rules and note you make the following promise:

6) How do you assure the privacy of my information?
    We value our own privacy and yours, and do not abuse your information. Specifically:

We disclose your information to other eBid users only
    We will not sell or give your name to other organizations for them to contact you
    We will disclose your contact information to other users who have a reason to contact you
    We will use your contact information to send you bills, notifications you request, newsletters, and occasional announcements

So... I sign up and low and behold along with my password comes this message... sent by ebid:

http://www.LovePepper.com
    - The free online dating site
    - Keep your credit card in your pocket
    *DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL*

You had such a good chance to make a good impression.

Goodbye ebid.

Gavin ODonnell
    LLB

Ok, so there was a message attached to the bottom of the email, that doesn't mean your information has been compromised. I am as concerned as you about privacy and have not had any concerns since joining the site 15 months ago, so I think you are worrying without cause.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

flashman1961

Angry Time to Leave EBID... What a pity

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Ok, so there was a message attached to the bottom of the email, that doesn't mean your information has been compromised. I am as concerned as you about privacy and have not had any concerns since joining the site 15 months ago, so I think you are worrying without cause.
    You have completely missed the point, no doubt accidentally.

The fact that EBID did not sell or share my private information is one thing. I have not suggested they have, I have not suggested the information is compromised... Why would you infer this from my message? I have suggested that they used my email to send to me a link to a 'Dating Site' and in so doing broke the spirit and letter of the promise they made. EBID are in so doing acting as agents for a ‘Dating site’. (Trust me this so.. Just as a postal service is the agent of the sender of a letter…..)

We all get such links sent to us from time to time and they are, whether you agree or not, commonly referred to as 'Junk Mail'. The fact that you concealed such a link within an otherwise legitimate email does not lessen the offensiveness of it nor does the fact that you used my email address in a manner which you promised you would not!

You are using your knowledge of real email addresses, given to you in good faith by your clients, to help a ‘Dating site’ increase its hit rate. You cannot deny this as it is the only reason the link would be there. If you do it for free maybe you could add my holiday business link????

Anyway… Is a ‘Dating site’ the sort of down market image with which ebid really want to be associated? What’s that? Not down market….?. No of course not….

The fact... Sir... that you see no harm in this is anyway about as relevant as a pyromaniac seeing no harm in storing petrol under his bed! It is offensive to me and will be to many others. I did not join EBID to be sent links to such sites.

Your response is wholly inappropriate and reminds me of the EBAY high handed approach. You feel you do not need to justify yourself. Well we shall see. I consider such emails to be Spam and shall report the matter now to the appropriate authorities.

You should immediately remove such links from all emails. The people on your site are trying to buy and sell items, not date each other.

If you are going to send Dating Links why not also send Personal Insurance links, Links for Car Parts etc.... Of course provided EBID send the links then you seem to suppose that you act within the confines of your policy statement. Or do you only deal with ‘Dating websites’?

My point is that you are using MY email address as a means to advertise other companies' products to me. This is completely against the spirit of the clause I mention.

What ebid did was in some ways worse. THEY used the information in order to profit by sending me a link to an inappropriate site.

Let's not get into the debate about whether or not a dating site is appropriate or not.... Fact is if I wanted such a site I would find it. Answer this... Does EBID get paid in any way for people using the 'Dating' link or not?

You can say “Yes” or you can lie about that.

I am a serious user of Internet auctions having bought several thousand pounds worth of goods in the last year, including a Jaguar Mk 2 and Harley Davidson... You may well think me pedantic but the fact is that it is wrong that EBID are using private email addresses to promote businesses other than EBID, even if it is done so in a surreptitious and round about way.

Finally, on a point of accuracy. The link was not on the bottom of the page, it was and is on the top so when I received the message all that was seen in the preview pain was

http://www.LovePepper.com
    - The free online dating site

If other users agree with my point I would be interested to hear from them on this forum, as I am sure would be EBID.

Flashman1961

Thread Information