eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    All-About Tiscali2709
    View Tiscali2709's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I can't login

I type in my username and password and it just keeps going back to the login in page, and Yep before you ask they are definetly correct I have been trying all day !

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiscali2709 View Post
    I type in my username and password and it just keeps going back to the login in page, and Yep before you ask they are definetly correct I have been trying all day !
    Have a read of this thread, and see if it helps http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....685#post989685

Forum Newbie
    View madnix007's Feedback (+1)
    All-About madnix007
    View madnix007's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face

i listed an item today and started the auction. i can't find it in the catagory i placed it in. need help finding it. thanks

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madnix007 View Post
    i listed an item today and started the auction. i can't find it in the catagory i placed it in. need help finding it. thanks
    You don't have any listings running. Are you sure you completed the listing process? You must click "submit" on the preview page. If you did finish listing and had confirmation, it might have been removed if there was something wrong with it.

If you want to double-check you did it right, full instructions for creating a listing are here http://www.bykimbo.com/ebid/help/index.htm

Forum Newbie
    All-About CariaDen
    View CariaDen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Closing my account

How do I close my account?

Forum Newbie
    View namvette68's Feedback (+1490)
    All-About namvette68
    View namvette68's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Address verified

I guess I am one of those that won't get an icon for address verification either. I had the same problem with PayPal for almost 3 years. It's not really a big deal. I came to eBid with over 1800 positive feedbacks on the other"e".
    It woiud be nice to supplement my membership here, but it shouldn't take long to establish a decent rep in a few months. My address will change soon too, so all will change.

Forum Newbie
    Woodland Hills, California, United States
    View bertrandland's Feedback (+2209)
    All-About bertrandland
    View bertrandland's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Selling FAQ suggestion

FAQ Suggestion for Sellers:
    During and after the auction, can I view the number of items the current or winning bidder has currently won?

At that other big auction site it helped me to remove bids of those who were winning too many items to be able to afford all of them, or were just bidding without intending to pay.

I did not see this option in any of the drop down menus so I thought I would ask. Thank you!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bertrandland View Post
    FAQ Suggestion for Sellers:
    During and after the auction, can I view the number of items the current or winning bidder has currently won?

At that other big auction site it helped me to remove bids of those who were winning too many items to be able to afford all of them, or were just bidding without intending to pay.

I did not see this option in any of the drop down menus so I thought I would ask. Thank you!
    Welcome to eBid bertrandland I have two questions for you:

1) How can you possibly gauge what people can or can not afford to pay you? Do you have secret access to peoples bank accounts to check them out?

2) How can someone possibly buy "too many" of something? I have always thought that the idea of selling things is to sell as many as possible.

Any way on to the questions you posed. I take it you are worried about potentia scammers. The protocol here on eBid is as if you get a non-paying buyer is as follows:

1) After sufficient time for payment has elapsed send them 3 payment requests through the AAL system. This appears attached to the sold listing in your my eBid section, on the pull down menu. These have to be sent with at least 24 hours gap between each one.

2) Allow them time to pay the last one, if there is still no response report the matter to eBid support support@ebid.tv They will then refund the fees for the sale and take appropriate action against the non-payer. The management here are very strict on scammers and have a three strikes and out system.

However if you do not wish to do that you can remove unwanted bids or questions by selecting the blackball option from the menu on the right hand side of the my ebid tab. Then you are offered the opportunity to remove unwanted bids and or questions. Just one thing though, if you use this option to remove a question from someone you have answered and intend to trade with remember to take their name from your list before you log out. Good Luck.

When sufficient time for a payment has elapsed then leave appropriate feedback (negative and truthful without insulting the customer). Don't forget that it is possible to edit feedback on here
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Newbie
    View papamesa's Feedback (+100)
    All-About papamesa
    View papamesa's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Google update

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our FAQ page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the FAQ pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Can we update our information directly to Google Base and edit it form there as well. I can't seen to find any info on this yet our items are in google.
    Last edited by papamesa; 2nd June 2009 at 03:46 AM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid uploads eligible listings to Google Base on your behalf by default. If you want to do it yourself you need to opt out of that. Both to get the data file off eBid and to prevent Google getting upset because of duplicates.

A bit of info at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0040

and

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0045

Thread Information