eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got any advice for dealing with incompetent estate agents?

Quote Originally Posted by BunjeesPiggiesPoochins View Post
    I also forgot to mention how completely backwards they are in that place. As the man said we should get the £75 out of the cash machine, so we go there and we all know that cash machines dont dish out fivers. So we hand him 8 £10 notes and he gives us an impatient rude look and says 'dont you have a fiver instead of this'? How bloody rude and cheeky the way it was said!!! So then my bf says 'no, cash machines dont give out fivers'

What a total idiot though! How are we supposed to have faith in this pathetic agency when they dont even know about a cash machine. How can we trust them with our money and them getting it right with our house!

My bf is going to ring them friday though to see whats going on!

One man said it would take 48hrs to find out if we were getting the house and the other man said it would take at least 10 days!!!!!!!!! W&$*$RS
    So they have taken money from you already and you still don't know if you will get the house??? That's insane. I hope they aren't showing other people the house in the meantime !! You ought to get one of your friends or your mum to ring up enquiring about a viewing and see what they do I wonder if they take money from everyone interested in the house??
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Market Drayton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    View Paulwillhappy's Feedback (+28)
    All-About Paulwillhappy
    View Paulwillhappy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?...502&cat=44-0-0

Risky profession if your American ?
    Never take your loo for granted Camping sucks.......

OMG

Yes the reason we had to hand over all that cash was so they can do credit checks. What is the point of that though when you have to pay deposits and the rent up front anyway so if you werent going to pay, they could just kick you out!

Just a way for them to inconvenience us more whilst all the time worrying if we will get the house or not

We have to pay more than £325 if we get it.

On top of the £325 we have to pay the first months rent up front which is £750 and then another deposit of £850 (but we get the £850 back when we move out)!

So that is a total of £1925 just before we can move in

Don't bank on getting your £850 back either. They can deduct for any damage out of this. Fair wear and tear is supposed to be discounted . Friends of mine had to sue in the small claims court to get theirs back. The agents were trying to charge £350 to French Polish a table and £200 for replacing a stained carpet. The scratch was there when they moved in, and the stain was covered by a slipmat, so they didn't find that until after they moved in. They did notify the Agents about the carpet and scratch, and received a standard "We have received your letter of the 24th Instant." Luckily they had kept a copy of their letter, and the receipt, and produced them in Court, and were awarded a refund of the full £750 plus costs.

Sorry to hear that Beryl. I thought thats why they have someone come round with you before you move in, to put in writing all the faults you find, so the landlord knows not to charge you when you leave?

My employer has received a letter from the letting agency. Can anyone tell me if it is a good thing or a bad thing?

Basically because I had no proof of address (except passports they dont accept) I had to get my employer to type and sign a letter confirming my address.

Then today she comes in and tells me they had sent her over a letter asking for references about me or something.

Is this good or bad?

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Has anyone got any advice for dealing with incompetent estate agents?

you have been through the mill

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Has anyone got any advice for dealing with incompetent estate agents?

This thread is from 2007 Tony and the OP doesn't exist anymore.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View shabbird's Feedback (+89)
    All-About shabbird
    View shabbird's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nice to see some familiar usernames but Im sure the OP must have found somewhere to
    live in the last 6 YEARS

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    This thread is from 2007 Tony and the OP doesn't exist anymore.
    Were they exterminated?

Thread Information