My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: re ebay v ebid

Default re ebay v ebid

would welcome any info on which is best ebay or ebid i was a user of ebay but treated me very badly which is now in the hands
    regards terry
    Last edited by Mark; 8th January 2007 at 08:35 PM.

well you could just have a go and see what you gfet from ebid - either buying or selling.

well i have just made my first buy on ebid and i must say it looks a more friendly site than ebay

Forum Lurker
    Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View OnlineSpares's Feedback (+1031)
    All-About OnlineSpares
    View OnlineSpares's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

Ebay: Very expensive, a basic listing depending on the price you want for your item to sell at could cost you £1.50 just to list it when it sells ebay take a final value fee and if the buyer pays by paypal (which of course is owned by ebay) and depending on what type of paypal account you have then you will incure another fee so all in all you list quite a few items then you will pay a tidy sum.

eBid: not much to say say really accept you will not be screwed as it free to list, but if you want to use the special features you will see that the listing fees on ebid are much more realistic then ebay...

regards

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View angelkelly's Feedback (+389)
    All-About angelkelly
    View angelkelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love ebid and you have to admit the forums here are the most helpful and friendly of the two sites!

Any help you need is answered by real live people and not just an automated response like ebay (which to be honest half the time doesnt answer your original question and contains extra info that you never needed in the first place).

The main thing here is its free - to state the obvious. But occasionally you may have an item that your not to sure will sell, this is the perfect platform to put those item on as you dont have to pay a listing fee. You lose nothing if it doesnt sell, and have extra profit to gain when it does (as you have no fees on it).

If you feeling unsure then try ebid aswell - there are many people on here who sell sucessfully on both ebid and ebay- myself included. When posting out items bought from ebay I send a little compliment slip with a thank you on and a little note to say that I also list items on ebid cheaper as its free to buy and sell. Cross promoting like this can bring your existing business with you and so make your stay on ebid a pleasant and profitable one.

Any time you need help with anything just post another thread on the forum and someone will always be there to offer advice and help.

Good luck to you,
    Kel x
    DM Jewellery - Handmade jewellery from 99p delivered
    http://dmjewellery.ebid.net/

Simply Home - find the perfect gift for you, your loved ones, or your home:
    http://simply-home.ebid.net/

Thread Information