My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Where are all the Rolexes

Red face Where are all the Rolexes

About a month ago there where hundred of Rolexes for sale on here???
    Can someone tell me why there are only about 7 sellers now??
    Thanks and Kia oRa from New Zealand..

' cause most , if not all of them were fake and illegal

Lisa :0)
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Talking Fake

Well of course they were Fake!!hahahahahaha
    But they were priced accordingly and I hope they come back...

View cccgem's Feedback (+3)
    All-About cccgem
    View cccgem's Listings
    Forum Posts

As ever, things are taking longer than hoped for with the programming and changes to the site for our next upgrade. We are working round the clock and have just about ironed out every single annoying creepy little bug. No doubt some more will raise their ugly head before the end of the weekend, but things are looking good for a launch within the next 7 days.

I have a meeting Thursday at 12.30 with our designers who will be unveiling to me, after 2 months work, the first versions of our new design. They sound excited and have told me it is some of their best work. In an ideal world I will fall in love with it at first site and eBid will be that bit closer to being the best designed auction site on earth. Luckily, there is little competition here, with the likes of QXL, eBay, BidVille and Overstock hardly hitting the extremities of excellent design even with the money they have access to. With eBay I have always felt it has was a case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Users are happy with the way it works so they have little reason to change things drastically. In a way we are lucky because our design "is broke" so we must fix it.

We have always made a little money go a long way at eBid out of necessity more than desire but with our new design eBid will become the place that I always hoped it would be, a place where users can browse endlessly and swiftly, find what they are looking for quickly and buy in a simple and swift process that will make them come back time and time again and get those all important recommendations to friends and relatives.

Our policy change in regards to counterfeit goods has tripled our daily auction removal in 2 weeks. Our thanks go out to those who are reporting more and more possible counterfeit auctions every day using the report mechanism on each auction details page, and with the addition of some extra options when listing new auctions that are in the pipeline we should really be getting to the bottom of the problem in the near future.

Thanks All..
    Happy Xmas Shopping....
    Gazza

Think this will explain. It was taken from the News thread at the top of the page.

View cccgem's Feedback (+3)
    All-About cccgem
    View cccgem's Listings
    Forum Posts

One of the burning issues for internet auctions is always the sale of replica and counterfeit goods. I read some posts on our forums about eBid "allowing" or "not doing anything to stop" the sale of counterfeit goods. As most of our users realise and have found out, this is simply not true. We remove hundreds of auctions every single day and with that the sellers of of these items. We are in constant contact with trading standards agencies and worldwide police forces and have helped with the arrest and subsequent conviction of many sellers of counterfeit goods in many countries. This is something I cannot talk about openly here. As well as this we have our own "IPIP" (Intellectual Property Infringement Program) system running that allows any trademark owner to notify us of any suspected fraudulent auctions which are immediately removed.

All auction sites around the world have the same problem when it comes to this matter, if someone could invent the "stop counterfeit goods being sold" switch that could be turned on and off and sell it he/she would be a rich person. The fundamentals of the problems lie far away from the daily dealings of an auction site boss reaching as far as :

Democratic and Human Rights
    #The notion of innocent until proven guilty has been a pilar that whole nations have been built around.
    #Who has the right to judge a person as a criminal?
    #The fundamenetal basic ideas behind buying and selling have to be bought into question here, does a low price ALWAYS 100% Lead to an item being found as not genuine? Of course it doesn't. An authentic Louis Vuitton bag from 5 seasons ago might genuinily be worth £25 today, this defeats that idea that some people have that we can have robots searching for (Louis Vuitton with Reserve less than £25) and automatically removing all these auctions. We would be tarring innocent sellers.
    #Is it up to the market landlord or the stall holder to police the sale of these goods? Should there be a second rule book created just for virtual instances of real world scenarios?

to

Foreign and Domestic Policies of some of the biggest and smallest nations on earth.
    #Where are counterfeit goods manufactured?
    #Who are counterfeit goods being manufactured by?
    #Why are counterfeit goods manufactured?
    #How are these goods being transported around the world?
    #Do governments realise their countries are producing these goods? Do they turn a blind eye?
    #Why isn't more done to stop the manufacture of them?
    #Who should be doing more, who's job is it?
    #Should individual countries be able to take financial action against countries where they are being made?
    #Should individual countries be able to take physical action to stop their manufacture?

We've no plans to take over Kofi Annan in the next few months so many of these things are out of our control and as the internet is still such a new medium, many of the laws that would help and guide us in our decision making are still unwritten.

So what do we do? Stick to the tried and trusted policy that has been agreed on by the authorities that sees us act within todays laws, albeit restricting what we can do and not eradicting the problem or do we act as pioneers in the the world of e-commerce and online culture and help get to the root of the problem but risking putting some peoples' noses out of joint and treading on the line of people's basic rights?

Well, waiting on law makers to find solutions to the problem could be an endless wait and something has to be done much sooner that this. Are we the ones to take the lead? We are one of the longest established e-commerce sites in the world and have more experience of this than most people involved in the industry. So after working on things for the past 3 months and talking to many people we are shifting our policy as of this past weekend. To what?... I'm not willing to put this into words but time will be our judge over the next few months as our changes gradually kick into place.

One other addition we will be adding will be the addition of a new field to auctions that are started within certain categories, this will be a simple dropdown with "Authentic" and "Counterfeit" where users will be forced to list an item as being genuine or fake, thus circumventing the loophole that many sellers use to sell counterfeit items by not actually stating one way or the other. This will give authorities the key to making prosecutions stick on nearly every case brought.

That's all for now.
    Have a Great Day.
    Gazza

***This as well***

Cool

Ebid no longer allow these brand named items, but I do have listed some gorgeous watches that would probably even look better than wearing a Rolex!

I can get all kinds of fashion watches (non brand named) so anything your looking for, feel free to stop by my store and leave me a message!

Thumbs down Mistake

Taking out the Replicas was a big mistake and must have cost you thousands in success fees.
    I for one mainly used to come to this site too look for Watches and Replica Loiuis Vuitton Bags
    I wont be back!!

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidanny View Post
    Taking out the Replicas was a big mistake and must have cost you thousands in success fees.
    I for one mainly used to come to this site too look for Watches and Replica Loiuis Vuitton Bags
    I wont be back!!
    I'm sorry that you feel you have to leave....but if you are looking to visit just to buy ILLEGAL items then maybe its for the best.

or didn't you realise they were ILLEGAL....???

Default Rolexs on ebid

We just opened up a store here 2 days ago and we're currently listing more and more products as we speak. Our company is Called Executive Diamonds Inc and we specialize in high end luxury jewels including watches. Nonetheless i came across this thread and i wanted to know if rolexs can still be sold on this site. Unlike many of these other people/companies out there that are selling fake watches we only deal with real,authentic fine jewelry. Anything from rolex, to swiss, to enigma, to corum and much much more. All our jewels include a Gem and jewelry report before the order is made. These reports are conducted by GIA. Not to bash or insult anyone but there are real business people out there offering real merchandise. To bad there are always some few people out there that have to ruin it for other people. Checkout our store, we're still currently listing products as we get used to this new online platform. Happy ebidding everyone.

From TangettiInk of Executive Diamonds Inc

Thread Information