My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: help with dolls house wallpaper please

Default help with dolls house wallpaper please

Hi, Can some one tell me the best way to print out dolls house wallpaper. Do i use photo paper or ordinary ink jet, also what is the best to print flooring on. complete newbie at this and just got our first dolls house to make up, it has been sort of half put together at some point and then taken apart and the paper on it was damaged so i need to remove it, re paper and re floor.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Hi, Can some one tell me the best way to print out dolls house wallpaper. Do i use photo paper or ordinary ink jet, also what is the best to print flooring on. complete newbie at this and just got our first dolls house to make up, it has been sort of half put together at some point and then taken apart and the paper on it was damaged so i need to remove it, re paper and re floor.
    You can print out wallpaper and flooring on an ordinary printer, but when you try to paste it to the walls the ink tends to run...I find it doesn't matter what paper I use, the ink still tends to run.

I print it out and then give it a spray with an acrylic varnish, let it dry and then paste it. Use spray because if you try to brush it on it will make the ink run....

If you want a really nice finish you can buy dollhouse wallpaper...sadly not here on Ebid, but plenty on the dark side...lol

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forgot to mention...if you are going to hardwire electrics into the house...you will need to make holes/grooves in the floors with holes for the wiring to the room below...so remember when putting down flooring that you may need to lift it again if the wiring goes wrong...I attach the flooring at the front and leave the back half unstuck....

...you may think you won't want lghts when you first start...but very soon you will...TRUST ME!!!

I want lights. I mean how are the people who are going to live there going to see without them . I have the little lights syl and thanks for the tip, I was going to put the wires under the ceiling paper... Got to go shopping for new carpets as well, dont like the colour of the ones with it. I need tiles for the bathroom and Kitchen floors and walls and dishes and bog rolls, and knives and forks and bedding and towels and........ Oh I think i just had my visa confiscated by himself, Oh well not to worry I have his paypal passwords

I do machine embroidery and I make rugs for doll houses, etc.
    Get back to me if you are interested.

Thread Information