Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips on buying a die-cutter?

Hi

I have been reading this thread with interest, as i had just come to the craft section of the forum to see if i could start a thread about die cutting - and hey preto there is one right at the top of the list!!

I am new to all this - I already buy cards with apetures cut into them - but I am planning to make boxes for them to sell as gift sets and I would like to cut nice neat squares into the top of the box. Obviously this will need to be done before the box is stuck together. All the punches I have seen are short reach and not the right size squares.

Can anyone give me any advice please? I am not familiar with the machines you refer to and I don't know quite how they work. At the moment I am using a ruler and craft knife!

Thanks!!

Hatfield Woodhouse, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View technored's Feedback (+36)
    All-About technored
    View technored's Listings
    Forum Posts

Check out Craft ROBO by Graftec. I got one for cutting out vinyl decals and then for cutting specific black shapes for Gauge O Railway modelling. Does a perfect job as you can adjust the depth of cut to suit so not only can you cut all through but also create creases as well. Had it quite a while so it may have been superceeded by now. (my model does not work with Vista so it's XP only) If you want to know more email me direct. Regards Maurice

Forum Newbie
    View kescrafts's Feedback (+1)
    All-About kescrafts
    View kescrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi,
    I am new here, but i do have a big shot machine, you can use almost every die on this machine, including x cut dies, you have to get a multi platform thing that costs around 12 pounds. Most suppliers will advise which dies can and can't be used. I picked mine up for 69.99. It is a fab machine, the price of the cutting plates are around about £8 for a set of two. I have to replace mine about once a mth, depending on orders. I also have a silhouette, but i waste so much paper on it, but great for creating my own die cuts. I do prefer the big shot and the sizzix dies are so cheap, i pay about 2.50 - 3.00 per die ( sizzlets ).
    Hope this helps

Kes x x

View cepher0's Feedback (+700)
    All-About cepher0
    View cepher0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kescrafts View Post
    hi,
    I am new here, but i do have a big shot machine, you can use almost every die on this machine, including x cut dies, you have to get a multi platform thing that costs around 12 pounds. Most suppliers will advise which dies can and can't be used. I picked mine up for 69.99. It is a fab machine, the price of the cutting plates are around about £8 for a set of two. I have to replace mine about once a mth, depending on orders. I also have a silhouette, but i waste so much paper on it, but great for creating my own die cuts. I do prefer the big shot and the sizzix dies are so cheap, i pay about 2.50 - 3.00 per die ( sizzlets ).
    Hope this helps

Kes x x
    Hi Kes,

So nice to see you here

If you follow the instructions i posted earlier on this thread for a Sizzix Cutting Machine, and adjust the width size you cut from a self healing mat...ie, usually they are green cutting mats...then you will find you NEVER have to buy cutting plates again...and your dies will last years longer too because they are not 'chomping' on a hard surface to cut.

This applies to ALL Die Cutting Machines !!!

Any Manufacturers of Die Cutting Machines would 'NEVER' give this 'Tip' to their Buyers...They need you to 'Buy More' Cutting Pads and Dies to keep 'Their Sales' at the 'Maximum' they can get...

Give it a 'TRY' Kes...if it doesn't work for You, You have lost nothing...If it does then You have Gained £££'s

Take Care,

Big Hugs...Arline. xxx

Great Card Making and Scrapbooking Goodies at Low Low Prices. In Store Now

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=The-Scrapbook-Crafters-Carousel

yes i must admit the big shot is great but i havent tried any other machine so carnt comment. the good thing thing about big shot is you can have your own designs made into dies!!!! i luv it!!!! im just wating for my new dies off my supplier. cant wait!!!!!

View cepher0's Feedback (+700)
    All-About cepher0
    View cepher0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nuttynedscrafts View Post
    yes i must admit the big shot is great but i havent tried any other machine so carnt comment. the good thing thing about big shot is you can have your own designs made into dies!!!! i luv it!!!! im just wating for my new dies off my supplier. cant wait!!!!!
    Hi there nutty...

I know your name from 'the other side' and have bought goodies from you in the past

Most dies are usable on the 'Big Shot' with adapters... but i have to admit i am waiting for New Dies that are compatable with an original 'Sizzix Die Cutter'...

If your new dies fit in with this...

Please let me know....

Hugs, Arline xxx

Great Card Making and Scrapbooking Goodies at Low Low Prices. In Store Now

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=The-Scrapbook-Crafters-Carousel

Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View sparklybits's Feedback (+5050)
    All-About sparklybits
    View sparklybits's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default cuttlebug

i have a cuttlebug maching and i love it the new embossing folders which i will have on here as soon as i can are absolutely gourgous and you can use other dies in it as well not just cuttlebug , i dont know what i would do without mine now you can even use the nestability dies which cut and emboss on it , best thing i ever brought

Thread Information