eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: has this happened to you ever? credit card payment not going through

Default has this happened to you ever? credit card payment not going through

credit card asian call centre rang me last sunday - i paid them with husbands debit card - 2 days later they rang and said you owe 40 quid - i said i paid it - they said its not on our system - i said i paid it and will ring up the company to make sure it went through

i rang up bank of scotland and they confirmed it went through last sunday and gave me a merchant reference

rang up lloyds credit card and explained - they still dont have record of it going through

now this is either of 2 situations - the payment which normally takes up to 5 days to go through hasnt - its 7 days now!

or lloyds employee has made an error or worse paranoid scenario nicked the money lol

rang them up today and they said will call me on monday after investigations!

Its happenening all over now em.

THEY ( companies ) are setting up call centers in asia as they can pay them MUCH LESS to man their phones.

Problem is , in my experience, a lot of the customer service teams have little to no english So it works great.

NOT.

But , hey ... wadda they care ? THE COMPANY BOSSES ... They win / win ... we lose / lose

Good for you Emma,cannot relax at all where call centre's are involved.Watched TV programme 10days ago where unscrupulous bods were selling numbers and addresses,thousands at a time.Good luck,ur in control hopefully.....

Quote Originally Posted by swopmebob View Post
    Good for you Emma,cannot relax at all where call centre's are involved.Watched TV programme 10days ago where unscrupulous bods were selling numbers and addresses,thousands at a time.Good luck,ur in control hopefully.....
    I saw that too, the majority were mobile phone companies.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

ORANGE ( AKA WANADOO ) DO IT ... and they put the phone down on you when they can not understand what your saying.

Oh dear God, dont start me >>>>>>>>>>> breathe!

lol

dont know why the payment has not gone through though? the bank of scotland says is has and provided me with reference number....

actually

on a different note - how do you know that whoever rings you up is who they say they are? and then they bloody ask you for your date of birth and etc as a security check before they speak to you...;.could be anyone..............next time i will say give me a number i will ring you up!!!!!

and how comes you have to prove x y and z over the phone but over the internet you dont when using your credit card...

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

next time they ring you up Em..... say can you give me the 4th and 8th digits of your password please?

While they're gasping for air you can follow on with ....

and how many times did you go to the toilet this week?

View GirlPlanet's Feedback (+42)
    All-About GirlPlanet
    View GirlPlanet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Emma, did you ask for an authorisation code?

I always ask anyone I give my card details to whether it be blueyonder or the business rates ppl. And they always do respond with a authorisation code. Its your way of recording the payment has gone through. Because of the cardholder not present situation.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was recently called by a company about an order which had not been processed and I had just the security worries you describe so I asked questions about my order. Only someone who worked for the company could have known exactly what I had ordered.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information