Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help pls ( TECHIE BOFF TYPE PEEPS ) * sob *

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post
    I hadnt done that chris, but i just tried it and thought yay its working cus it restarted my pc and the direct x instilation on the disc didnt do that. BUT NO. Just tried again.

I have been putting off playing the game till late tonight so i could relax and enjoy it, been waiting soooo long for new broken sword to come out. Looks like ill be waiting a while longer.

Thank you anyway xx for trying
    Elaine is that The Angel of Death ? I have just downloaded it, LOL waited ages for it to come out . but not played it yet.

Have a butchas at the read me notepad:- it gives TROUBLESHOOTING: e.g.

DIRECTX(R) INSTALLATION
    The Broken Sword - The Angel of Death launcher gives you the chance to update your version of DirectX(R) to the required version to play Broken Sword - The Angel of Death. Select this option if your actual DirectX(R) version is older than DirectX(R) 9.0c. THQ recommends allowing the installer to proceed with the DirectX(R) 9.0c installation, even if you think you may have 9.0c installed. Re-installing DirectX(R) 9.0c will not harm your DirectX(R) configuration. Broken Sword - The Angel of Death requires DirectX(R) 9.0c to play. If the correct version of DirectX is not installed by the time the game installation begins the installer will automatically detect this and update the DirectX version to 9.0c silently.

I'll let you know if mines okay.
    Last edited by thehoneyant; 21st October 2006 at 11:22 AM.

GOOD LUCK CHRISTINE x

I think it is that my graphics card , is quite frankly : CRA*

Dennis is going to TRY and return it for me after work today, though i think they will only give me a credit note. ( the game ) i mean.

As there are so many other things on our need/want list i cant be upgrading things in my pc @ the mo.

I will just have to wait a while longer i guess

I dont really like playing games on the pc but i didnt want to wait for it to come out on ps2, but now, im going to have to.

Quote Originally Posted by bargaindropper View Post
    commctrl.dll AND cmpagent.exe will most probably need to be in the C:\Windows\System folder (where the "Windows" is the folder where windows is installed.

According to searches cmpagent.exe is a compression tool which belongs to drivespace.

There is a link to info here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q136837/

Which Operating System and Game is it?
    Thanks for your reply BD ... But as said it does seem to be the graphics card.

I will lay off pc games till i have a better one.

MY OP syst is WIN XP btw and its a brand new game : broken sword , the angel of death.

Ah well ... all good things come to he who waits .... and she

Ask Santa Elaine.......

im sure he has an elf smart enough to make you a graphics card

thats it.... apart from that i am no use to you whatsoever

Thanks pete ... will do. Its sure to work.

Thanks pete ... will do. Its sure to work.

Never let it be said i do not help you out

Do you have any errors or anything even without the game? Like mine used to load up and say this file was corrupt, or this file was missing.. dunno where they went i had problems with audio and other stuff, restoring it to factory settings seemed to solve that prob

Thank you hun, your nothing if not helpfull

Seems everyone has gone to see what REAL LIFE is like today ... maybe i should make myself scarce.

Till you all come running back again

awwwwwwwww And you were looking forward to it as well.
    This is one of the reasons steve gave up on gaming ... every time a new game came out he needed to upgrade his graphix card (and he doesn't buy cheap ones)
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

I think your right dee.
    I have checked ( for the 1st time ever ) and it seems it is the graphics wotsit. lol

Under ADAPTER it says :
    : Intel r extreme graphics controler 64mb ...

Is that it ? Does that mean i have to buy a 128 mb one of those ?

Yes Elaine I'm afraid that is exactly what it means ....

Its a bleedin nuisance ... as I said its happened to me on more than one occasion ... and you know what an avid gamer I am
    Tart with a Heart

Thread Information