Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Mobile phone contracts grrrrrrrrrr

All-About pheasantplukka
    View pheasantplukka's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Mobile phone contracts grrrrrrrrrr

can anybody give me any links on how to take action against a mobile phone company that persistantly lets my son go over his allowance [ he asked for it to capped at £30.00] also he never ever receives the itemised bill service which he has paid for and another thing, because they are often behind with the billing system he ends up having to pay 2 or even 3 mnths at a time, he has resorted to going into carphone warehouse and asking them what his bill is - btw this is O2 we are on about here - he has spent hours on the phone veery month to try and get all these probs sorted out but to no avail and they still dont enforce his limit

he has now just chucked the phone across the lounge and it's busted because he is so frustrated - this has been going on for 6 mnths or more

please help before i go mad - i need to make a formal complaint somehow/somewhere because as i see it they are not complying with the contract?

View liverdodo's Feedback (+1878)
    All-About liverdodo
    View liverdodo's Listings
    Forum Posts

My daughter had similar problems and went to the CAB who advised to put her complant in writing send recorded delivery etc
    Several letter's later including reporting them to trading standards & the ombusman her account was refunded and she recived £180.00 compo to cover the costs of phone calls & bank charges.

It took months to sort out so dont give up!
    Doe

190th Girl Guides Liverpool

I am with O2 online, my line rental is cheaper than average O" contracts, i get more perks like 750 free texts and now for the good bit, I can log on to my account which tells me exactly how many minutes / texts i have used up (its usually up untill the previous two days).

Why not get him to ring O2 and swith his account to an online one? the bill is via email (always on time - 1st of every month for me) and i dont have to pay £2 for an itemised bill because my account tells me every phone call and text i send!

Hope he sorts it out, i had probs with iorange about 8 years ago......I had a £163 phone bill for one month, when i had spent 2 weeks in spain and left my phone at home!!! Mobile companies can be rip off merchants!
    you can NEVER have too many pairs of shoes...

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

You must have the same contract that my partner and I have. Good init?. lol

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pheasantplukka View Post
    can anybody give me any links please help before i go mad - i need to make a formal complaint somehow/somewhere because as i see it they are not complying with the contract?

You could try the Online Help & Email O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/help/

Or the:-
    O2 Complaint Review Service
    PO Box 116
    Leeds
    LS11 5DS
    Fax: 0113 388 1153

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/ifthingsgow...kingacomplaint

If you go abroad, dont take your mobile phone with you if you are with Orange!

We did that and every call that was made to the phone from England, we had to pay for. Also all the calls that we didnt answer (because someone from england rang during our early hours) we had to pay 40p-85p for each one. Can you believe you can get charged just because someone rings your phone!!!

Can they really get away with that?

Thread Information