My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: reciprocal links in auctions

Question reciprocal links in auctions

I daresay the info is out there somewhere but time is precious and I'm hoping someone can tell me.

Is it possible to put reciprocal links to someone else's ebid store within your auctions?

I want to tie in with the BF's store once I get my new cards online as some will have an Oriental flavour.

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/Oriental-Offerings

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/0ctavias0fferings

Yes, it's possible.

Just add the URL to your listing in exactly the same way you'd add it to any other HTML page.

You didn't ask if it was allowed, only if it could be done.

However, I can't see why you wouldn't be allowed as long as your link does not point to anything outside of eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    You didn't ask if it was allowed, only if it could be done.

However, I can't see why you wouldn't be allowed as long as your link does not point to anything outside of eBid.
    LOL it's no surprise you're a Monty Python kind of person.

Do you know if anyone else carries reciprocal links on their auctions? I haven't noticed any but Obviously I haven't looked through every auction page on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctavias0fferings View Post
    Do you know if anyone else carries reciprocal links on their auctions? I haven't noticed any but Obviously I haven't looked through every auction page on the site.
    I haven't noticed any between users just links if the person has 2 shops on one ID.

This is where a cross promotion option would come in handy, 2 of my nieces are sellers on eBid, & I have 2 ID's.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

*a cross promotion option would come in handy*

I agree Gothicina, do you know if anyone has asked for this facility before?

I'm wiped out tonight or I'd go looking for the answer but when I'm all bright eyed and don't have dyslexic fingers in the morning I'll ask the bosses if it's allowable or possible or something.

If I get an answer I'll post it here.

Default Hi Octaviasofferings-fancy meeting you here!

Hi there!
    Hope your well have placed a couple of bids for ginger cat cards, like I ever buy anything different!.....
    Best wishes
    TEDDYSBOOKS

Hi Teddysbook,

I noticed you bidding there. Am a bit distracted today cos the site seems to have been down and now 7 of my auctions have disappeared when they should have up to 9 relists to go.

Not a happy bunny cos I'm struggling to work out which ones (they definitely haven't been sold).

At least I know which ones you're after LOL

Thread Information