eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just had a survey from FeeBay! Are they getting worried about eBid?

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

# 30. Jelous now, I can,t even have one. Would love to tell them what I think but abviously I am not as nice as you. Two words could sum it up when I could afford to move away from them for good.

I'm in the opposite boat to all you lot

I've moved more aqnd more onto feebay and away from sites like eBid, QXL, CQout etc

Simple reason - I need the sales not the saved fees

On feebay I get sales and those sales pay the fees and stock costs and leave me something for myself.

Here (and other sites) there's not enough sales to play the volume margin and have enough to live on in addition to supporting those whose products I sell.

I could live with that if eBid and the other sites had the same sales management tools as feebay, but they don't, and the admin commitment required to design, upload, and manage listings on sites other than eBay is just too great, and I don't have enough hours in the day to fix issues the site should be fixing.

Feebay may be expensive (compared to others) but they have the tools to allow me to run far more listings - thus more ranges and product options - thus more sales and more net profit.

As one PowerSeller over there is fond of saying - I never pay any eBay fees, my customers pay them for me.

It's a model that could be applied here ...... if only there were enough buyers to make it work.

Gaz

A bit of advertising to get buyers over here is what's needed, if they don't realise that the site will just become clogged with non selling items!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

#32 I agree to a certain extent with what you are saying, Ebid needs to publicise the site, now is the prime time particularly with the bad feeling on the other site. If you read the notice boards there are a lot of unhappy people. Have you read the poster about the scammer that was allowed to keep on selling 8 days after being reported by a buyer plus the posters on the boards, They should of put a stop to him/her straight away. I am not saying it doe,s not go on here but I hope Ebid would have the decency to stop it straight away, its things like that which put buyers/sellers off. I am hoping that Ebid will bring in more tools/options as you say so make the site more competitive with the other site, as long as they don,t go to far down the same path and get to greedy as them.

Quote Originally Posted by trinaisaac View Post
    #32 I agree to a certain extent with what you are saying, Ebid needs to publicise the site, now is the prime time particularly with the bad feeling on the other site. If you read the notice boards there are a lot of unhappy people. Have you read the poster about the scammer that was allowed to keep on selling 8 days after being reported by a buyer plus the posters on the boards, They should of put a stop to him/her straight away. I am not saying it doe,s not go on here but I hope Ebid would have the decency to stop it straight away, its things like that which put buyers/sellers off. I am hoping that Ebid will bring in more tools/options as you say so make the site more competitive with the other site, as long as they don,t go to far down the same path and get to greedy as them.
    I have reported a few scammers i have spotted on here and ebid have taken them out within 15 mins so i should think they would keep on top of it. The problem with ebay is it's big and the people who are getting the reports are staff, and staff who dont care as long as they get there wages at the end of the week.

Wink Me too

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    My Hubby got post cards ( thought they were mine but no ) I got nothing. I also havent had a survey
    I got postcards too, lovely touch eh??
    Now you know where the selling charges are going!

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Define a scammer?

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I have reported a few scammers i have spotted on here and ebid have taken them out within 15 mins so i should think they would keep on top of it. The problem with ebay is it's big and the people who are getting the reports are staff, and staff who dont care as long as they get there wages at the end of the week.
    What is a scammer?

A large proportion of winning auctions on this site as far as I can tell (i.e. by viewing the 'recently sold' list) are for counterfeit items.

As an example:

Person 1 advertises a non-existent Playstation 3, collects £300 via a Money Transfer and doesn't ship the goods.

Person 2 advertises a Rolex Oyster and sells it for £25.99 when its real worth would be many £1000s. A naff watch is sent in the post.

From what I have seen so far Person 1 would be trampled upon fairly quickly, but Person 2 is making hay on this site with no intervention.

A scammer to me is a new seller who is selling high priced stuff, who does not reply to questions, and will not let you pick the item up, just after your cash and run. If a seller is selling RO for £25 and you buy it then its your own fault. And no I do not agree with folk selling fakes, i am lucky enough to have the real deals and dont like chaves walking down the street with the same stuff.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

So what, if you are interested in this item ask the seller for a few more pictures(taken with a copy of todays newspaper in shot if you want) and if it would be possible to collect, or whatever may help to put your doubts to rest, overwise don't worry about.

Malleus maleficarum I wonder if there is a revised edition for 2006
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLOXBOOKS View Post
    So what, if you are interested in this item ask the seller for a few more pictures(taken with a copy of todays newspaper in shot if you want) and if it would be possible to collect, or whatever may help to put your doubts to rest, overwise don't worry about.

Malleus maleficarum I wonder if there is a revised edition for 2006
    "So what"? as follows:

1/ As an experienced user of web auctions I want to help protect inexperienced users from getting ripped off.

2/ I want to be part of a website that cracks down on fake items and encourages people to buy and sell genuine items at the best possible price.

3/ Should a casual buyer surf to this site and see items like that for sale on the Home Page how long are they going to stick around for?

Thread Information