eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: One of your Favourite Antique Purchases

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default One of your Favourite Antique Purchases

Lets see if we can get this category going again........

Ok i want one ofyour favourite antique purchases lately, which either sold on, held on to, or gave it as a gift...........whatever

First one of mine that comes to mind, is a victorian scrapbook we recently purchased and sold

There is just something about the character of these scrapbooks that manage to capture the beauty, the society and the essence of victorian life.

We bought our last one for 80 pound at auction, sold it within a week for £160. One of the nicest things to pass through our hands.
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

The History of Drogheda, with its environs; and an introductory memoir of the. Dublin and Drogheda railway.
    This was a privately produced book(2 Volumes),John D’Alton had a small print run of about 250 made for friends and several important subscribers, I think this was 1862. A facinating edition that made it's way home to a buyer in Drogheda.

The Saints' Everlasting Rest, by the Rev. Richard Baxter, was a book I believed to be from 1662 and a second edition, but all research I did suggested that no edition of this book in a single edition was published in that year,so I think for very old books there may not always be a definative answer, but what makes these old books facinating are the many inscription that can be found on the end papers (old family bibles can contain a wealth of personal family events) imagine the many events and hands that books of great age have been through.

View liverdodo's Feedback (+1878)
    All-About liverdodo
    View liverdodo's Listings
    Forum Posts

My favourite is a Childs tea set given to my mother by an elderly lady years ago and now passed to me, Its china and in its original box with little cardboard dividers, it has a Woolworth’s price tag $1.15cents.

I don’t care if it not worth 10p I treasure it, it came from america, and the lady kept it safe all those years and so will I
    Doe

190th Girl Guides Liverpool

Forum Newbie
    All-About yukoncollectibles
    View yukoncollectibles's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Kodak Developer Bottle

This summer while working the streams in the Yukon, I found a cool old Kodak Developer bottle, which dates between 1890 and 1930.
    Cool item I shall keep for now, I can just imagine some old time photographer taking pictures of the gold rush, and after finishing the bottle off tossing it into the river bed, never to be seen again until I found it.

Eric

Not strictly antique as my item was from the 1920's and had been in our family handed down the generations. It was a stunning 7 piece blue cloud glass dressing table set. I really regretted selling it as well. It made good money, but I still wish i had kept it.

Thread Information