eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Al Qaeda theatens the Pope now..........Oh and the rest of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel View Post
    But I've already stated that, as far as I'm concerned, it is too late to stop a terrorist nation from "getting their hands on the ultimate, world killing weapon". America has had this for years and there is no worse terrorist nation, don't you see?
    Are you deliberately missing the point, or what?

It is too late to stop America from doing and being what America is. However poorly you think of them, their motives, their current, past or future actions, they are not the ones who are likely to try and bring about Armageddon. Iran IS.

America has had nuclear weapons of varying strengths for over 60 years and have not used them. I do not trust Iran to have even one weapon for sixty weeks without using it.

You and others can complain about America all you like, the reality is that no other country on this planet is capable of stopping Iran.

So I say again, it makes absolutely no difference what America's motives are at this time, regarding this matter.
    Last edited by damian_steele; 23rd September 2006 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    How can our nations throw their might around deciding whats right and wrong in other coubntries, if your simply saying you dont care about america's justification?
    Kindly take the quote in the context of how it was used and stop trying to make it into something it's not.

The point I am making is that Iran has to be stopped. America can and is willing to do that. Whether you love the Americans or not, whether you agree with their foreign policy or not, whether you believe they have the morals of Saints or Sinners, it all boils down to the same thing. Someone MUST stop Iran from owning nuclear weapons for the safety of the entire planet and the Americans are the only ones able to do it. So kindly stop dancing round the issue.
    Last edited by damian_steele; 23rd September 2006 at 06:22 PM.

*is with Damian on this one*

The Soap Dragon xxx

Quote Originally Posted by emma5721 View Post
    if the argument is they sponsor terrorism, then how comes its ok for pakistan to have nuclear weapons - aren't alot of terrorists from there?
    Yes, there are a lot of terrorists who come from Pakistan. The difference is that the government of Pakistan does not agree with, pay for, or in any other way, sponsor their actions - that we know of.

The Iranian government directly pays for, trains and directs a number of different terrorist groups because they think that's what should be done. They are not interested in domocratic processes, they believe in killing anyone who doesn't think, act and believe they way they do.

America has had Nuclear weapons for aaages, and has used them twice offensively in the same country. They haven't used them since.

Iran haven't even worked out the technology yet and they are threatening to chuck them around like firecrackers.

I know who I'd trust in this situation...

The Soap Dragon xxx

Quote Originally Posted by thesoapycauldron View Post
    *is with Damian on this one*

The Soap Dragon xxx
    You may have meant that as tongue in cheek, but the answer is YES, because I recognise the threat that Iran presents to all of us. This is not just some war in a far distant country, this thing could literally blow up in our faces right here at home.

No, not tongue in cheek, absolutely serious. You put forward eloquent and intelligent posts on political subjects, and while I may not always agree with you, I am 100% in agreement with you on this subject.

Iran must be stopped NOW. You can take away the weapons and the means to make them, but you can't take away the knowledge...

The Soap Dragon xxx

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of terrorists who come from Pakistan. The difference is that the government of Pakistan does not agree with, pay for, or in any other way, sponsor their actions - that we know of.

The Iranian government directly pays for, trains and directs a number of different terrorist groups because they think that's what should be done. They are not interested in domocratic processes, they believe in killing anyone who doesn't think, act and believe they way they do.
    exactly
    it all seems a bit pinky and perky to me all this
    iran publicly states it wishes to destroy another country and hence others are apprehensive about letting them develop nuclear power for thier purported energy needs

why would anyone who is intent on using a nuclear bomb on its neighbours actually brag about the fact beforehand? should not you be more worried about someone who was quiet about it or who had nuclear power and you never know their motives?

suddenly Iran is the satan of the world lol - always has to be one in americas eyes at the time depending on where bush and his likes decide they want to point the trigger on any given day - pffft

they destroyed iraq and got rid of saddam - hey ho - they have killed more people than saddam did himself and they have imposed democracy (with what right) on an arab nation

the isrealis have destroyed lebanon yet again

who needs nuclear weapons when traditional ones do the same job of catastrophe very well by themselves without spreading its death to surrounding innocent areas

perhaps i am wrong in all this, if youre right about iran really being a danger to the world i hope i am but it begs the question why is not the rest of the world so concerned about iran

how do you know who is feeding you propaganda or not?

exactly
    it all seems a bit pinky and perky to me all this
    iran publicly states it wishes to destroy another country and hence others are apprehensive about letting them develop nuclear power for thier purported energy needs
    It's not just what has been said in the knowledge that the West would hear of it, but also what has been said within Iran. Their president has made dozens of speaches to everyone from college students right up to religious leaders which include references to their Holy War, the destruction of "The Great Satan" (America), to "wiping Israel off the map", to using any and all means to destroy the infidels (that's anyone not of their religion, BTW, and that more than likely includes everyone here) and so on. Further to that, you have to recognise that Iran is governed in two ways. Firstly they have the political side - Armadinijad - and then there is the religious side. Their religious leader has already stated that it is his opinion (informed by Allah) that nuclear weapons should be used against the West.

how do you know who is feeding you propaganda or not?
    That's a good question. It's also one that can't be answered until after the event has past and historians can dig into it.

Meanwhile, what shall we do? Do we err in favour of it all being hogwash and allow the Iranians to get their hands on a weapon, or do we have to assume for safety's sake that the majority of the information is correct and Iran poses a greater threat to us than Russia did?

You already know which side I'm on.
    Last edited by damian_steele; 24th September 2006 at 01:13 AM.

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sorry, Damian, for not making it clearer before. You see, I don't share your conviction that Iran is the terrible threat you believe it to be. My opinion is that there is no greater threat to the well-being of every person on this planet than the USA. Or perhaps I should say, the powers that control the USA, just as they also control Iran, Israel and every other nation on Earth.

The propaganda machine is focussing on Iran right now. Next month it might be Afghanistan. It is the power behind the propaganda that I'm worried about.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Thread Information