eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Al Qaeda theatens the Pope now..........Oh and the rest of us ?

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

I apologise bigus, but i could of sworn last time i bought a pear, they came as single ones

BAck to the topic......

You know apparently as well the term al-qaeda was only adopted around 1998, up until that time the term was not used by osama or his mates
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    I apologise bigus, but i could of sworn last time i bought a pear, they came as single ones

BAck to the topic......

You know apparently as well the term al-qaeda was only adopted around 1998, up until that time the term was not used by osama or his mates
    sew wot? itts jusst a naym.ma says dey yoosed too be corrled der loonie bigg beerd dye no mite ganng

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    As part of the incredibly long, (over three years now) and still on-going, talks with Iran, they were offered a fully paid for, fully built and serviced, light water reactor. This reactor would have been more than capable to supply power for them. The Iranians turned it down.

They constantly state how they are being open and honest but fail to mention all times they haven't been.

For example:

under the terms of the NPT they are obligated to reveal all the sites where they are working on nuclear related materials; they "forgot" to mention several of them until these sites were independantly discovered.

On another occasion the IAEA informed the Iranians that they wanted to visit and inspect a particular site. The Iranians stalled, stalled some more and then stalled again. By the time they agreed to allow the inspectors to visit, the entire site including the buildings from the foundations upward, have been levelled and removed. They even removed the top soil around the area so the IAEA inspectors couldn't take samples.

Do these sound like the actions of a country who just wants peaceful nuclear power generation?
    No, they certainly don't. But you're missing my point, I think. I don't care to judge what Iran intends to do with its nuclear programme. Quite likely, your assessment is correct. What I am saying is that the US-led iniative to curb Iran's nuclear programme is unjustifiable, and will remain so until all countries are treated in like manner. Which will not happen.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel View Post
    No, they certainly don't. But you're missing my point, I think. I don't care to judge what Iran intends to do with its nuclear programme. Quite likely, your assessment is correct. What I am saying is that the US-led iniative to curb Iran's nuclear programme is unjustifiable, and will remain so until all countries are treated in like manner. Which will not happen.
    I can see your point and you are doing a fine impression of Don Quixote with his windmills. You are concentrating on things of such little import that you are ignoring the elephant in your lounge. Quite honestly, who cares whether the Americans are justified in all aspects of their actions or whether they are doing this so that afterward they have another source of black gold, the reality is the same: Iran cannot be allowed to attain nuclear power status. Someone, whether it's the Americans or a coalition of other countries (who would also fail to meet your high standards, no doubt) has to prevent a terrorist nation from getting their hands on the ultimate, world killing weapon that their leaders have already stated they would use.

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    I can see your point and you are doing a fine impression of Don Quixote with his windmills. You are concentrating on things of such little import that you are ignoring the elephant in your lounge. Quite honestly, who cares whether the Americans are justified in all aspects of their actions or whether they are doing this so that afterward they have another source of black gold, the reality is the same: Iran cannot be allowed to attain nuclear power status. Someone, whether it's the Americans or a coalition of other countries (who would also fail to meet your high standards, no doubt) has to prevent a terrorist nation from getting their hands on the ultimate, world killing weapon that their leaders have already stated they would use.
    But I've already stated that, as far as I'm concerned, it is too late to stop a terrorist nation from "getting their hands on the ultimate, world killing weapon". America has had this for years and there is no worse terrorist nation, don't you see?
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

All-About DaisyChain
    Forum Posts

"Quite honestly, who cares whether the Americans are justified in all aspects of their actions or whether they are doing this so that afterward they have another source of black gold, the reality is the same"

I care,

How can our nations throw their might around deciding whats right and wrong in other coubntries, if your simply saying you dont care about america's justification?

Israel have time & time again violated the human rights act, they have held hundreds upon thousands of palestinian men, women and children since the 60's. The have one of the best collection of military arms around, they have the ability to ake their own nuclear weapons and probably have.

Oh and some of their lovely citizens were part of terrorist organizations killing and maiming arabs before israel took land.

Now, based on all "morals" here in this country and the west, you could easily argue iran are fully justified in going to war on israel, and lets face it, if israel wasnt allied with the yanks, the yanks would have invaded israle with those same arguments......no problem

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel View Post
    But I've already stated that, as far as I'm concerned, it is too late to stop a terrorist nation from "getting their hands on the ultimate, world killing weapon". America has had this for years and there is no worse terrorist nation, don't you see?
    sorry to butt in
    although what you say maybe true
    i would rather usa had full nuclear power than iran .
    usa might threaten to use nuclear war,
    iran are mad enough to go one further.

All-About DaisyChain
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silkcityuk2 View Post
    sorry to butt in
    although what you say maybe true
    i would rather usa had full nuclear power than iran .
    usa might threaten to use nuclear war,
    iran are mad enough to go one further.
    To be fair, the iranians probably think the same about us.....

maybe but would you be happy to let them have the option to use nuclear weapons?

this is true!

and perhaps they think if they did get nuclear weapons the usa would not threaten so easily to bomb another country back into the stone age or even invade countries so easily - works both ways i guess - nuclear weapons working as a deterrent perhaps is a good thing? if it was up to me no country would have them full stop

if the argument is they sponsor terrorism, then how comes its ok for pakistan to have nuclear weapons - aren't alot of terrorists from there?

Thread Information