eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Al Qaeda theatens the Pope now..........Oh and the rest of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel View Post
    I don't think your analogy really works in this instance, Damien. For one thing, Iran has made no secret of its intentions. It is attempting to do what many other countries are already doing, something which is not in contravention of any international law.
    So the twenty to thirty years of secret development of nuclear materials and facilities that it carried out, the numerous breaches of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, the illegal acquisition of information and materials from both Pakistan (via A.Q. Khan) and North Korea and the constant breaches of rulings and decisions made by the UN Security council have all escaped your notice?

Wake up!

Iran has stated time and again that their intentions are anything but peaceful. They also have no need whatsoever to use nuclear power for electricity generation when they are sitting on the second or third largest oil source on the planet.

Whatever the motives of the UK or the US above and beyond the prevention of Iran achieving full nuclear power status, the fact is that the world cannot allow a proven terrorist sponsoring state to acquire the technology to bring about the end of the world. And no, I am not be melodramatic.

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    So the twenty to thirty years of secret development of nuclear materials and facilities that it carried out, the numerous breaches of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, the illegal acquisition of information and materials from both Pakistan (via A.Q. Khan) and North Korea and the constant breaches of rulings and decisions made by the UN Security council have all escaped your notice?

Wake up!

Iran has stated time and again that their intentions are anything but peaceful. They also have no need whatsoever to use nuclear power for electricity generation when they are sitting on the second or third largest oil source on the planet.

Whatever the motives of the UK or the US above and beyond the prevention of Iran achieving full nuclear power status, the fact is that the world cannot allow a proven terrorist sponsoring state to acquire the technology to bring about the end of the world. And no, I am not be melodramatic.
    Do you really believe that the US and UK, and all the rest now complaining about Iran, were unaware of what Iran was doing for those "twenty to thirty years"? Of course they weren't. But Iran wasn't a political "nuisance" then. It is now.

A proven terrorist-sponsoring state already possesses nuclear power. The initials are U.S.A. Oh and let's not forget U.K. Or are you claiming a higher moral justification for the US' terrorist activities? If so, that's a whole 'nuther kettle of fish.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Do you really believe that the US and UK, and all the rest now complaining about Iran, were unaware of what Iran was doing for those "twenty to thirty years"? Of course they weren't. But Iran wasn't a political "nuisance" then. It is now.
    Don't be so naive. Iran wasn't a problem because they weren't on the verge of having a nuclear weapon. Whether the western countries were aware of their desire to get one is immaterial.

Iran, however, has been a political nuisance for a long time, or are you completely unaware of the background of the country whose rights you appear to be defending?

A proven terrorist-sponsoring state already possesses nuclear power. The initials are U.S.A. Oh and let's not forget U.K. Or are you claiming a higher moral justification for the US' terrorist activities? If so, that's a whole 'nuther kettle of fish.
    Yes, it IS a "whole 'nuther kettle of fish" and is completely separate to this issue. What on earth are you going to say next, that it is fine for Iran to use a nuclear weapon on Israel, the US or the UK simply because America dropped atom bombs on Japan? Don't be so silly. The threat from Iran is real, it is growing and if something isn't done in the near future, then people like you may not have time to regret your opposition.

All-About earthangel
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Don't be so naive. Iran wasn't a problem because they weren't on the verge of having a nuclear weapon. Whether the western countries were aware of their desire to get one is immaterial.

Iran, however, has been a political nuisance for a long time, or are you completely unaware of the background of the country whose rights you appear to be defending?

Yes, it IS a "whole 'nuther kettle of fish" and is completely separate to this issue. What on earth are you going to say next, that it is fine for Iran to use a nuclear weapon on Israel, the US or the UK simply because America dropped atom bombs on Japan? Don't be so silly. The threat from Iran is real, it is growing and if something isn't done in the near future, then people like you may not have time to regret your opposition.

I disagree that the moral issue is seperate from what we started talking about. Unfortunately, too many people seem determined to keep morals out of politics, much to our detriment.
    I do not deny that a nuclear Iran poses a threat to Israel and, probably, to other areas of the world. However, I maintain that there is no justification for any countries to attempt to deny Iran the possession of nuclear power. Personally, I believe that the US poses a far greater threat to the world than Iran.
    I think you are putting far too much faith in the veracity of news reportage.

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

I am not up on all this politics.... all I know is I like sooooo many others... dont feel safe any more............. not only do we have to worry about..... rape, date rape, stabbings, peodphilles, (cant spell but u know what I mean) .... bullying, drug abuse..........but al qaeda is ON A MISSION and they have NO MERCY. It is onlyu right taht we should as a country attempt to defend ourselves...BUT what the F*** R we up against...............?

If I think for too long I feel helpless, guilty for feeling safe.. but most of all SAD..... there is a lot of ****E going on and we, l'ittle u's can do soooo little about it...........

*sticks her oar in*

Why do Iran actually NEED Nuclear power? They are floating on a massive oil field... they are the most oil-rich country in the world FGS!!!

The only reason they want Nuclear power is to use it as a front to develop Nuclear weapons. They have openly stated more than once that they want to 'wipe Israel off the map'. They are a massive international security threat. Does anyone honestly think their beef lies solely with the Israelis? Iran is a Muslim country with a huge grudge- we are part of that.

I shudder to think where this all will lead to :-(

The Soap Dragon xxx

Well Ello Soapy... a friendly face.... howze ya gong my very clean fingered friend? x

and as for your Q......... F knows is my ansa..... not good on this stuff... just know it frighntens me x

All-About earthangel
    Forum Posts

It is a frightening world. And there are plenty of people out there who want it to stay that way. They want us, you and me, to be too frightened to think too much about who is really to blame. Hence the "us v them", "goodies and baddies" propaganda belched out of the media every day.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Uk, iran, Usa, iraq, saddam, bush, osama, blair -

we all have our own beliefs, we all believe we are correct over those who do not understand us

dont you love democracy
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

LOL Tottyz, I'm okay! All gone a bit quiet on here sales-wise, but I'm hoping it's the calm before the Christmas rush!! Hows things with you?

This stuff scares the bejaysus out of me too... But I don't think Blighty should give up without a fight!!

Jaques Chiraque had a slaaaap in the face, Al Q'aida have joined up with Senegalese rebels and have openly declared war upon France... so much for appeasement- he should have agreed the UN resolution! The outcome would have been the same and maybe with their help we might be in a different position... (cue jokes about French soldiers...)

So much for the cries that our involvement with Iraq made us a terrorist target- any non-muslim country is the enemy, hostile or not!

The Soap Dragon xxx

Thread Information