eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Al Qaeda theatens the Pope now..........Oh and the rest of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    if the media does the right thing and lets it blow over then it will die down....................
    here here

the media do not just report, they stick their oar in
    sometimes good sometimes not so good
    ah well
    i watched spooks tonight - scary stuff!!!! if its half based on reality - ok bit off tangent there but all interlinked
    Last edited by emma5721; 18th September 2006 at 10:36 PM.

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emma5721 View Post
    here here

the media do not just report, they stick their oar in
    sometimes good sometimes not so good
    ah well
    i watched spooks tonight - scary stuff!!!! if its half based on reality - ok bit off tangent there but all interlinked
    The media, print and video, are nothing more than a "passive weapon" under the total control of those same forces that instigate violence and murder worldwide. Nothing appears on TV or in the papers that isn't designed to exert control over the population in one way or another.

There is more truth in what is labelled fiction on television than in a hundred documentaries. I watched that Spooks too. It was akin to getting a confession out of the political mainstream, at least as regards individual portions of the plot. But of course, it is intended that the majority will dismiss it as fiction and think even less of the reality of such events.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

I wish people would drop the Christian versus Muslim position, we have more in common than difference. Both acknowledge God as creator, the main difference being the way to salvation. I don't find the average Muslim at all threatening, the same way as you wouldn't judge the Irish by a few IRA extremists. The thing that worries me is the way the US feel they have to intevene in any country that doesn't work in the same way they think it should.

I'm not keen on more nuclear weapons but Iran is a sovreign country, it is doing what it considers is in its best interest. How would the US like it if Iran said they had to stop driving cars and using planes for internal flights because of global warming.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I'm not keen on more nuclear weapons but Iran is a sovreign country, it is doing what it considers is in its best interest.
    Iran has stated that its "best interest" involves ".... wiping Israel from the face of the map".

Are you prepared to take the risk that Iran will test their first nuclear weapon by firing it at Israel?

All-About earthangel
    Forum Posts

In today's world, every nation is at risk. Allowing Iran to develop its own nuclear industry may or may not increase the risk of an attack on Israel, but I agree with kengillam that it is wrong for self-serving countries to "police" what another country can and cannot do within its borders.

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Arrow

I don't think that "joe public" has any say in the matter of madmen and fanatics. If madpersons start pushing buttons willy nilly, I don't think there's a lot any of us could do much about it

If a 747 came hurtling towards our house, then the best thing to do would be like the US G.I.'s do, stick your head between your knees and kiss you-know-the-rest-goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel View Post
    In today's world, every nation is at risk. Allowing Iran to develop its own nuclear industry may or may not increase the risk of an attack on Israel, but I agree with kengillam that it is wrong for self-serving countries to "police" what another country can and cannot do within its borders.
    Whether it is right for other countries to "police" or not really comes down to the perceived level of threat. Look at it this way, if you saw your neighbour making a large bomb that could destroy your entire street, would you "police" his actions and report him or would you just leave him alone because it is his right to do whatever he likes in his own garden?

Sometimes, no matter what the moral dilemas, it is necessary to intervene in the actions of others to prevent a greater harm.

In this case, Iran has proved that they have violent intentions towards both their immediate neighbours and other countries beyond those. They are a state sponsor of a number of terrorist groups and have openly stated their intention of destroying an entire country and all its people.

To me, the only question is just how long does it take before the world decides to do something about massive threat that Iran represents.

All-About earthangel
    Forum Posts

[quote=damian_steele;409032]Whether it is right for other countries to "police" or not really comes down to the perceived level of threat. Look at it this way, if you saw your neighbour making a large bomb that could destroy your entire street, would you "police" his actions and report him or would you just leave him alone because it is his right to do whatever he likes in his own garden?

Sometimes, no matter what the moral dilemas, it is necessary to intervene in the actions of others to prevent a greater harm.

In this case, Iran has proved that they have violent intentions towards both their immediate neighbours and other countries beyond those. They are a state sponsor of a number of terrorist groups and have openly stated their intention of destroying an entire country and all its people.

To me, the only question is just how long does it take before the world decides to do something about massive threat that Iran represents.[/quot

I don't think your analogy really works in this instance, Damien. For one thing, Iran has made no secret of its intentions. It is attempting to do what many other countries are already doing, something which is not in contravention of any international law.

That said, I distrust the intentions of the US and UK far more than Iran. And it isn't "the world" which is going to take action, if any. The people who are behind any action against Iran are commited to their chosen course already. What we see on the news is stuff and nonsense, window dressing.

Perhaps if Israel returned to its original borders, and left the Palestinians alone, we wouldn't be in this mess now. I'm afraid its double standards, the US jumps up and down about Iran and does nothing about Israel.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thats because half the US population are looking forward to the anhiliation of Israel because the only book they ever read tells them this will lead to the 'rapture'.

>The vatican probably recieves threats to kill the pope on a weekly basis

True. Most of them from me

Not since Germaine Greer pointed out there might be advantages to wearing a burkah have I seen so many feminists agreeing with so many fundamentalists!

Ice

Thread Information