eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gazza & Mark do you have a timescale yet?

Thats taken way out of context. I never called ebid a rip off, and its far from it, i love ebid, what it stands for, its users, and want it to succeed because of that. So I resent being taken out of context there. eBid fee's are overally extremely simple logical, fair, and low. Thats not to say improvements cant be made however, and holding back a basic online shopping feature has a negative impact on sales and thus revenue.

To charge varying fee dependent on final sale price, for a feature which costs the provider the same regardless, is not linked to cost, therefore fair or helpful to the shopping site as a whole.

A preview image is as basic as a free image within an auction, it enables a buyer to quickly visualise hundreds of products, get an idea, browse more, be attracted to buy items. Preview images should therefore be commonplace on a shopping site. For most shopping sites thats the case, sadly not here which results in the shopping experience to potential buyers less intuitive and attractive, hence less sales, less revenue.

So a varying fee dependent on the final value price in effect, is just that, a final value fee, not a fee for a standard always the same cost basic online shopping feature. If like auction images, preview images were free for all so this shopping site like most others then has preview images for most of its products, this is vastly more attractive to potential buyers thus more sales.

I have no doubt that by scrapping this fee, within months, sales and revenue would increase because a basic online shopping feature on the web would rightly be common place.

If needs be however, a varying fee dependent on the final value fee, is a final value fee. Make it 0.5% for all sellers capped at 10k or something. That could be a higher fee even, thats the point. But it means the shopping site has a basic shopping feature to attract more sales.

It comes down to the shopping experience, 90%+ of major shopping sites and growing have preview images, its basic usability for buyers. eBid is in a shrinking minority that doesnt, and is therefore limiting its appeal to buyers, limiting sales, growth and revenue by not having this basic shopping feature the rest of the marketplace for the most part does.
    Last edited by Ready4UGoods; 11th October 2006 at 11:25 PM.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegifts View Post
    whats wrong with paying if it sells??????

On feebay you pay for gallery and everything eles..here you only pay when it sells so much cheaper than the other side as if you sold zero your bill would not be free!!

I know my feebay bill is high and ebid bill is low and I sell alot of items on both sides but like EBID better.
    I was agreeing that there was nothing wrong with Ebid fees...and I am happy to pay fees when an item sells, whether its linked to the gallery photos or to a final selling fee.

We get an extremely good deal here on Ebid....

I

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ready4UGoods View Post
    Thats another damn silly charge aswell, you should not be charged for thumbnail images period. Free images are provided anyway, so thumbnail images are simply a more basic thing to show potential buyers a tiny pic of it before hand. Its noway linked to cost, and is actually a rip off. Put other rates up if needs be, but ditch all together charging for thumbnails its ridiculous. Don't discourage and hold back such a simple essential thing online shopping, thumbnail images - to see what your buying whilst browsing products.

I actually think this is the single most biggest, yet simplest problem with ebid. Its not a charge linked to cost (especially with a %) it discourages thumbnails meaning 80% of the entire site has no images merely text which is unattractive to potential buyers, for many a simple immediate turn off. Seeing mini images aswell as plain text when shopping online is an essential thing most online shopper expect. By ridiculously charging for, hence dramatically discouraging and leaving low the amount of items without thumbnails, ebid are ripping of sellers with an unfair charge, putting off buyers, and holding back growth and revenue, its crazy.
    <polite cough>

I wasn't taking you 'out of context evidenced by the above........... twice !

Quote Originally Posted by ladylauraac View Post
    I dont think there is anything wrong with charging 5p for the Thumbnail image, IF the item sells

As I am a gold member, I dont mind paying a whole 5p if I make a sale. Its a superb fee to pay compared to ebay. Ebay charge you for EVERYTHING.

Nothing wrong with ebid fees whats so ever. IMOP.
    I agree with you there Laura, were the heck do people think they get the money from to run this site its not free to Gazza and Mark they have to pay. I have three sites and i know what it costs for the upkeep, both in time and money, are they expected to work for nothing ?
    Ebay charge and all the newcomers to the site want it made like ebay but don't want to shell out a farthing.

Red face

Hi there!

I'm a newbie, on silver level, I haven't gone in for gold, because I'd have to pay up front, before I make a sale.

I'm more than happy to give 2% of my final sale value- if I make a sale.

I think it's the risk element that puts me off. I'm here to make try to make some money after all.

This isn't helped by me not being able to find things that have sold - or haven't I found that section yet? And traffic to the site is quite difficult to gauge too. And yes, I can buy a week's gold for 99p, but do my auctions have to begin and end within that time slot...I guess I haven't found all the info I need to take that plunge.

Some of us are just cautious!

Quote Originally Posted by Applepiencream View Post
    Hi there!

I'm a newbie, on silver level, I haven't gone in for gold, because I'd have to pay up front, before I make a sale.

I'm more than happy to give 2% of my final sale value- if I make a sale.

I think it's the risk element that puts me off. I'm here to make try to make some money after all.

This isn't helped by me not being able to find things that have sold - or haven't I found that section yet? And traffic to the site is quite difficult to gauge too. And yes, I can buy a week's gold for 99p, but do my auctions have to begin and end within that time slot...I guess I haven't found all the info I need to take that plunge.

Some of us are just cautious!
    Hi, If you go to the front page there is a big red button that says buy it on ebid, if you click on this you will find an option to search closed auctions by putting in key words. I don't know the answer to your other question sorry. If you don't get a reply on here email support@ebid.tv and they will help you with that.
    Yes i understand you being cautious about getting charged on here, but the charges are nothing compared to ebay. My ebay bill this month SO FAR exceeds £100 and thats without gallery pictures. My last months ebid bill for the whole of the month was £2.00 and that was with gallery pictures included.

I agree with you there Laura, were the heck do people think they get the money from to run this site its not free to Gazza and Mark they have to pay. I have three sites and i know what it costs for the upkeep, both in time and money, are they expected to work for nothing ?
    Ebay charge and all the newcomers to the site want it made like ebay but don't want to shell out a farthing.
    I've no complaint with the fee's here, I signed up for gold lifetime, before I sold anything. I haven't sold that much here yet, but I've nothing to lose by keeping on listing, and as the site grows so should my sales.

I don't want it made like feebay. I'm happy to suggest things that hopefully make life easier for everyone, but the last thing I want is a "feebay clone".
    eBid is so much better than that.

As for Platinum, I'll wait & see what's on offer before I decide.

I'm much more interested in how the design company is getting on with the new designs, and the implementation of the other things Gazza has listed.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I am another who has made a gold commitment for a year, yes I would like more sales, but then everyone does. However ask yourself this if you are still selling over on Ebay, all the time you continue to support eBay the buyers will hang around over there as opposed to going somewhere else.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I am another who has made a gold commitment for a year, yes I would like more sales, but then everyone does. However ask yourself this if you are still selling over on Ebay, all the time you continue to support eBay the buyers will hang around over there as opposed to going somewhere else.
    This is twice you have said this to me Ken, once on the off ebay core group, I can't understand why you think I should stop listing on ebay when you are listing there yourself. No offence but why should I not list on ebay ? when you yourself do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I've no complaint with the fee's here, I signed up for gold lifetime, before I sold anything. I haven't sold that much here yet, but I've nothing to lose by keeping on listing, and as the site grows so should my sales.

I don't want it made like feebay. I'm happy to suggest things that hopefully make life easier for everyone, but the last thing I want is a "feebay clone".
    eBid is so much better than that.

As for Platinum, I'll wait & see what's on offer before I decide.

I'm much more interested in how the design company is getting on with the new designs, and the implementation of the other things Gazza has listed.
    Hi Hun, I wasn't meaning you But we have had a lot of new members ask why can't you make it like ebay.
    I myself love it here and as soon as i have enough to pay for my roof for my house, accountant and the tax man I will not list on ebay again, but needs must at the moment.
    I cant wait for the new designs and i was hoping platinum would be something to do with buyers. ie: be different from ebay and give buyers something to strive for, I don't quite know how but it was just a thought when my brain ws having a wonder about, possible brandy induced

Thread Information