Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How likely are you to recommend eBid?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll

62 40.79%

14 9.21%

17 11.18%

9 5.92%

8 5.26%

13 8.55%

4 2.63%

6 3.95%

5 3.29%

14 9.21%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Would you recommend eBid?

Quote Originally Posted by buddhalucky View Post
    And the Forums.....well why not get rid of all the Forums and just have the KT? It seems to be the only place people go to talk filth!
    I for one resent that comment, there a a lot of people who spend a great deal of time on the forums answering queries.

I take it from your other posts that you're not happy with how long it took you to get an answer for your questions, considering people had been viewing your posts.
    Lots of people view posts & never answer, some may not know the answer, MOST of the people who do post answers on the forums are in the UK, so you need to take the time difference into consideration.

As for your two questions, you cannot use gallery pictures because you have silver membership, to use gallery you need to upgrade to gold.
    You question about buying stuff based in Australia, If you click on the buy link at the top of the frontpage, you have the option to search by the location in the search there.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 11th December 2006 at 08:50 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

If you leave a response of 6 or below please leave a one sentence answer as to why you wouldn't.
    "Please do not discuss responses on this thread."

As it says above thanks

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can understand that comment made about KT, rather than being a forum for sellers and having the KT as a relaxed zone, its seems to becomming the KT forum for posting crap (for want of a better word) and just happens to have some selling topics as well.

However budd in respect for gothicina, i can understand her being upset, ask a question and if she knows the answer you can guarantee she will be first to reply to any ebid selling/buying etc topic you have, and the answer will be relevant to the question in hand. A couple of other users too are the same, dont let the KT forum tarnish all users witht he same brush

I voted 8, but I'm not so sure now that the views counters are reset to zero whenever my items are auto-reposted. There is a nagging doubt in my mind that the updates to eBid are being rushed in without adequate testing. If I had a 2nd vote it would currently be about 5!

........hollandnumerics

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hollandnumerics View Post
    I voted 8, but I'm not so sure now that the views counters are reset to zero whenever my items are auto-reposted. There is a nagging doubt in my mind that the updates to eBid are being rushed in without adequate testing. If I had a 2nd vote it would currently be about 5!

........hollandnumerics
    I for one welcome the view counters being reset to zero on autopost...I find it gives me a much more realistic idea of what interests people.

But then....you can't please all of the people all of the time...and I think the boys are doing a FANTASTIC job....and obviously listening to the views of the majority.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    I for one welcome the view counters being reset to zero on autopost...I find it gives me a much more realistic idea of what interests people.

But then....you can't please all of the people all of the time...and I think the boys are doing a FANTASTIC job....and obviously listening to the views of the majority.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for progress, but, in this case, it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back. By resetting the views counter when the item is auto-reposted all the previously collected info is lost, so the counter is only useful a very short period before the reset. It really depends on your use of the counter: I use it to measure average daily hits over the life of an auction (and to compare each item with similar items in other auction sites), others may use it to tell bidders how popular the item is.

Without knowledge of the reasons Gazza has received to change this functionality, I can't decide whether it's right or wrong!

...........hollandnumerics

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hollandnumerics View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for progress, but, in this case, it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back. By resetting the views counter when the item is auto-reposted all the previously collected info is lost, so the counter is only useful a very short period before the reset. It really depends on your use of the counter: I use it to measure average daily hits over the life of an auction (and to compare each item with similar items in other auction sites), others may use it to tell bidders how popular the item is.

Without knowledge of the reasons Gazza has received to change this functionality, I can't decide whether it's right or wrong!

...........hollandnumerics
    Its not necessarily right or wrong ...its right for some people and wrong for others...you just have to deceide whether its right/wrong for you. Garry and Mark will do what they think is right for the site and the majority of users.

I personally just welcome the fact that my own auction views are no longer included in my own auction numbers

And if they are including the total views in the AA email than surely that will give you the figures you are looking for.

I think that is a good compromise..

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

I welcome the new changes available to platinum sellers but have to seriously question why the invoicing and item combining are not available to ALL levels of seller .... after all, they are the basic requirement for any seller's after auction admin.

Thumbs down No to recommending e bid

i wouldnt recommend e bid. I have been with them about 6 months now. I make on average 1 sale a month and half of these sales are never paid for. I certainly couldnt make a living from this site. I think if e bid introduced listing fees many sellers would dissapear as i'm suelike myself there are plenty of sellers but no buyers. There seems to be no system in place to deal with non paying bidders. I have left neg feedback for 3 of these and they have responded with the same neg feedback. Now i find my account has been suspended and they are still on e bid with no action having been taken. E bid support dont commenton this. Does anyone else have this problem. The other side may be more expensive but at least i have numerous bids on my auctions and plenty of sales, I'm going to stick with feebay until e bid get their act together.

Angry

Well I'm fast losing patience with eBid, pulling my thread in the KT which was a joke about another auction site

AND ignoring requests about getting the counters reset to zero.
    Last edited by Mark; 29th December 2006 at 08:27 PM.

Thread Information