Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How likely are you to recommend eBid?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll

62 40.79%

14 9.21%

17 11.18%

9 5.92%

8 5.26%

13 8.55%

4 2.63%

6 3.95%

5 3.29%

14 9.21%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Would you recommend eBid?

Hi Envy,

I understand what you are saying, I nearly didn't post such a negative post. I have no problem with everyone having their say and even sticking up for each other when they feel a wrong needs to be put right, but some stuff becomes personal and takes over very relevant threads. Personally I think the PM system should be used more or a forum master should bring the thread back on topic. Like many, I often respond to threads after getting an email saying an new post has has been made. That email tells you what the poster said and too often recently I've thought 'what on earth are they saying that there for' (actually that is a very polite version of what I think LOL!) and then off the thread goes into tit for tat mode and I turn away (I did comment a couple of times and got my head bitten off so I stopped doing that).

Sorry, but I think the boards could be managed better particulary as it is a huge source of help for newbies.
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did you see what happened when I created a frapper map?

I only did it to promote ebid but it was a vile experience.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Arrow Recomendation

I always recomend e.bid to everyone I know or come into contact with, in desperation that people will join us and help e.bid grow. I have a lot of faith. :-)

Unhappy Not good enough!

Site is cluttered and could be easier to follow and it's just cost me about £5in fees to 'try' and buy a jacket. It wasn't in stock although I had to pay first before finding out. One week later I'm told I can have a refund but it could be a further week before I see the money again. PPPay is expensive, inefficient and puts me off using ebid again
    Last edited by pinnig; 14th November 2006 at 08:19 PM.

the checkout system is inordinately time consuming and difficult. I have to add up the items myself- after clicking on each item to find the price, as only the starting bid is shown- not the price it was sold for!
    The customer is totally lost as to how to ask for an invoice and I am am prohibited from publishing my paypal email so that even single item buyers can pay in a straight forward way.
    Every transaction needs an awfull lot of communication between buyer and seller.
    The positive reasons to sell on ebid are that its easy to relist, free to list and cheap to sell- and its quite nice here!

Wink

You can offer Paypal on your listings now. eBid don't allow email addy's to be published on listings, perhaps to deter spammers from harvesting our addy's

I found signing up for pppay a nightmare and almost gave up. The reason I didn't was because I want to make a go of this site and wind down my ebay shop but I can imagine buyers getting frustrated and giving up.

Ebay is a lot easier to navigate around, and has many more facilities / sellers / buyers / better public awareness / TV ads / payment options ...

The sole reason for anyone using ebid is the lack of the listing fee, if ebay did this ebid wouldnt exist!

Basically site is very poor but survives because it is free.

Thumbs down No advertising whatsoever, if there is then I've never seen it.

No advertising, no nothing to recommend e.bid. If no one hears about it then where are the buyers coming from ?

The site is so cluttered and confusing!

And the Forums.....well why not get rid of all the Forums and just have the KT? It seems to be the only place people go to talk filth!

Thread Information