Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How likely are you to recommend eBid?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll

62 40.79%

14 9.21%

17 11.18%

9 5.92%

8 5.26%

13 8.55%

4 2.63%

6 3.95%

5 3.29%

14 9.21%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Would you recommend eBid?

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Would You Reccomend Ebid.

I do reccomend Ebid and promote the site with every sale I make on the greedbay site, But Ebid needs to promote their site also as the sellers on here can only do so much.. You have a number of great features auto post up to 10 times, listing start on first bid, etc. We could do with an automatic invoicing as buyers find the present payment system arkward.
    Scheduled listing would also be great for people who do not want to, or can not list in the evenings due to work, kids, social commitments etc. Looking forward to the new implementations.

Forum Newbie
    View RAZ-Trading's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RAZ-Trading
    View RAZ-Trading's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes the invoice system is very poor and does confuse buyers
    and I would be very hppy to see scheduled listings as its a feature I use alot on feebay.
    but all in all yes I do recomend ebid to everyone as I and we all need buyers

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

please check out my amazing bargains most £1

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oooooh scheduled listings - yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

please, pretty please

Those of us living in other countries can get some sleep at correct times then

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

I voted 5 and have stopped advertising ebid.

1, I feel the site is lost, it is almost fantastic for shop sellers, but there is no real incentive for casual sellers, and defintley no incentive for buyers and if there is no incentive for buyers, then it has a negative effect on the sellers.

2, Lack of advertising still......
    The message of "we lack funds", but "we have spent this and that on google adwords"......well frankly so what. I expect there are tons of small sites who spend money on google adwords each month, if you expect the site to get decent advertisment just by that way, then the site deserves to be lost. It takes nowt to get 5000 leaflets printed up and distributed in your own local area and it takes nowt to get a small ad for a month in a magazine such as say collect it, or whatever..

3. Free to bid, free to list, free to enjoy - worst motto in website history

freed to bid? so is ebay, free to sell - slightly deceiving, and upsets sellers when they realise it technically isnt true. - Free to enjoy - enjoy what? few if any sales, hard to use system for buying?

4. Website design
    Yes i know this is being made over, etc etc. But i still dont know exactly what is being done. I could say on my website:

my website is currently having developments to enable buyers a free and easy to use interface.

but it means nowt, i could say that everytime i have a small glitch, get a grip, tell us exactly whats going on. 123 whatever they are called have excellent portfolio, but ebid isnt mentioned on their site as a "project"......that slightly worries me as well

6. Cancellation of bids
    These need to be implemented, any kind of problems can arise in terms of bids both seller and buyer. It is unfair to force people to carry out the transaction or be given negative feedback. not very proffessional either

7. the forums
    Someone needs to moderate them properly. Ebid are starting to see the emergence of their first trolls, its something hich is starting to make a couple of people less interacted with the boards, myself included.......nip it in the bud.

No more "complaints" for now.
    Last edited by manstomar; 30th October 2006 at 12:32 PM.
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gazlannathai. Yep sheduled listing will be great but don,t get carried away just yet. What does platinum mean, I thought gold was the highest on the site, then when? how longbefore we get it. Once I have the snswer to the questions then I will wet my knickers in excitement.

manstomar - I agree with you, what you said just about sums up my feelings. The boards here are so friendly and the nasty undercurrents you get elsewhere don't seem apparent - are the argumentative souls elsewhere the trolls you mention?
    Cheers
    Marina
    eBid store

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/Trea...es-From-Marina

On-line shop

www.shopwithmarina.co.uk

Fashion jewellery and an assortment of gifts that won’t break the bank!

Lovely Christmas antlers and snowmen deeley boppers in stock now – so cute!

Smile Good Value for what it costs

I agree with alot of what has been said, but would like to say even with all its issues, compared to e.bay you are getting better value for money, and if it dont sell, you dont pay! Perfect!! The messaging service needs a good kick up the butt and the PPP payment system is a load of rubbish ..lol Other than that, now Ive got used to it, its great

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

these boards are not friendly - they are ok - I hardly post after a session of definitely being cyber bullied - everything I posted was followed by insults from one poster. All protests were ignored and no-one cared because the person involved is popular.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I agree withe the last few posters. One of the reasons I stopped posting so much is that several good posts were hi-jacked by long standing members digging up old feuds - so off putting.

For me eBid is on the back burner until all the changes announced weeks ago are in place - my energies are focused elsewhere for now as I have a living to make.
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry ladies, and sorry to Gazza too for going against the conditions of posting on this thread, but I have to disagree with you on the friendliness of the Community Forums.

I've always found warmth here
    Ok, so there are some very contentious issues raised and some very straight talking and strong (often blinkered)opinions voiced - and argued against - but isn't that what it's all about

I'm sorry you feel this way, as you are both valued contributors.

e

Thread Information