Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How likely are you to recommend eBid?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll

62 40.79%

14 9.21%

17 11.18%

9 5.92%

8 5.26%

13 8.55%

4 2.63%

6 3.95%

5 3.29%

14 9.21%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Would you recommend eBid?

I would like to terminate my membership. Iv'e been looking for 30 min. now and haven't seen anything on how to terminate membership. can someone please help me on where to go?

You could send a message to the lads, but why leave so early you've only just arrived?
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Default I'm trying tomove my buyers with me but!!!!

I have been adding my link to my Ebid shop on all of my dispatch notices on Ebay.

One of my very regular customers comes from Greece and was trying to buy something in my Ebid shop as it is cheaper than in my Ebay shop.

He emailed me to say that he can't sign up from Greece as he has to have a county.

He always pays by Paypal and just wants to buy so why can't he sign up from Greece.

Help please or I'm wasting my time telling my buyers that I am gradually moving.

Regards Dee

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Wyndoke-CDs

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi I am a newbie only found the site by chance as I was looking to leave greedbay. I have hammered out 100,s of emails to my previous buyers on my old site informing them I have moved to Ebid. ( pimping for buisness for my new site) I have had a number of responses with some saying they never knew EBID existed but would take a look, Others saying that they would love to move from greedbay also, but found EBID to quiet compared to greedbay where they can sell a lot more. Ebid you really need to publicise your site more to get these disgruntled greedbay sellers/buyers across to your site before another new site ups and grabs them all. A little money spent now on publicising would also bring revenue to the site for future improvements.

Unhappy I Love Ebid - But

I voted 6 BECAUSE - The Checkout needs to be improved 100%, PPPay not user friendly for buyers (penny check + 49P transaction fee) it needs an invoice that can be revised for more than one purchase + PUBLICITY PUBLICITY AND MORE PUBLICITY - eBid's name needs to be EVERYWHERE, ANYWHERE, JUST OUT THERE!

wyndoke - that seems like quite an important point (regarding your buyer not being able to sign up because he has to add his county) which maybe you should e-mail Ebid support about. However, am wondering if he could not just have left the "County" box blank?

---------------------------

A very good way to draw more buyers to the site is for sellers to list as much of their stock here as possible. The more stock, the more choice, the more buyers. Also, the more stock that is listed, the more listings will be picked up by froogle and google and so on. I think it's quite important for sellers to write more detailed descriptions because(Correct me if I'm wrong) but that gets picked up better by search engines? Have seen so many listings on here that just have a pic and no description at all.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wyndoke View Post
    I have been adding my link to my Ebid shop on all of my dispatch notices on Ebay.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Wyndoke-CDs
    That is exactually what i am doing right now. But i haven't got my first sale on eBid yet...

I gave it 10 but i really agree with others. Most importantly Ebid must get more public awareness (more marketing please!) and improve the site so that it's easier for sellers to seller as well as for buyers to buy. I would think at the moment there are more sellers than buyers in this site. eBid need to convice buyers it's easy, safe, convenient to buy on eBid, otherwise so many sellers are just wasting their time to put up lists but nobody buys them for ages!!
    Lots of High Quality Natural/Chinese remedies, supplements, health & beauty products. Guaranteed to beat high street price!
    Please visit my eBid Store:

I would recommend the site. I have only been here a few weeks but the negative things I pick up on are some sellers have highjacked the auctions with too many listings and it is boring trawling through tons of one sellers stuff, too many watches and not enough people selling second hand things.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Too much to list in one sentence so short items

1. ppPay customer support non existent since intro of new account verification two years ago
    2. Very difficult to upload volume listings and site engine scrambles html from any listing method
    3. Not enough buyers (buyers will come when choice available)
    4. Too difficult to move account to a different site (e.g. UK to Oz)
    5. Been waiting a year for ppPay to close account and transfer balance to bank
    6. Have unverified payment receipts in ppPay account almost 2 years old and never refunded to payer/ cleared from pending list
    7. too many fake counterfeit items on home page
    8. Happy hour etc on front page have too many items from same category - denying other categories a chance to list there
    9. Obstinate admins refusing to top-tier categorise blatently obvious needs - e.g. wedding as a top category
    10. Terrible pre and post sale admin tools including invoicing and payment / despatch tracking (eBay have got it perfect)
    11 Lack of Shop only multiple item listings with inventory balance tracking (why reset to original amount when it relists?)
    12 Needing to relist if only one of a 20 item listing sells - it should relist with new unsold balance automatically
    13 Cluttered and slow to load pages
    14 Too many adverts to attract browsers off-site
    15 No gallery manager for onsite gallery storage (high volume listers need better photo management or they will use offsite links depriving site of gallery listing revenue)

I could go on, but 15 is enough for now

Gaz

edit - just thought - MUST add these two

16 Advertising in end of auction emails - it must stop
    17 Automatically telling buyers they can pay by ppPay in end of auction emails (and sending incorrect email address followed by horrendous payment retrieval process) - even when seller has no ppPay account, has suspended ppPay account, or has switched off their ppPay settings
    Last edited by gazlannathai; 14th October 2006 at 05:44 AM.

View madhatter1's Feedback (+30)
    All-About madhatter1
    View madhatter1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai View Post
    Too much to list in one sentence so short items

1. ppPay customer support non existent since intro of new account verification two years ago
    2. Very difficult to upload volume listings and site engine scrambles html from any listing method
    3. Not enough buyers (buyers will come when choice available)
    4. Too difficult to move account to a different site (e.g. UK to Oz)
    5. Been waiting a year for ppPay to close account and transfer balance to bank
    6. Have unverified payment receipts in ppPay account almost 2 years old and never refunded to payer/ cleared from pending list
    7. too many fake counterfeit items on home page
    8. Happy hour etc on front page have too many items from same category - denying other categories a chance to list there
    9. Obstinate admins refusing to top-tier categorise blatently obvious needs - e.g. wedding as a top category
    10. Terrible pre and post sale admin tools including invoicing and payment / despatch tracking (eBay have got it perfect)
    11 Lack of Shop only multiple item listings with inventory balance tracking (why reset to original amount when it relists?)
    12 Needing to relist if only one of a 20 item listing sells - it should relist with new unsold balance automatically
    13 Cluttered and slow to load pages
    14 Too many adverts to attract browsers off-site
    15 No gallery manager for onsite gallery storage (high volume listers need better photo management or they will use offsite links depriving site of gallery listing revenue)

I could go on, but 15 is enough for now

Gaz

edit - just thought - MUST add these two

16 Advertising in end of auction emails - it must stop
    17 Automatically telling buyers they can pay by ppPay in end of auction emails (and sending incorrect email address followed by horrendous payment retrieval process) - even when seller has no ppPay account, has suspended ppPay account, or has switched off their ppPay settings
    At last somebody has taken their rose tinted glasses off.
    It's been a month or more since this post started ,-any management comments on this post or was it a public relations exersise?????
    ps I love this site ---but!!

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Madhatters-Kitchen

If it looks great wear it!
    If it don't "Laugh Out Loud"

Thread Information