Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How likely are you to recommend eBid?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll

62 40.79%

14 9.21%

17 11.18%

9 5.92%

8 5.26%

13 8.55%

4 2.63%

6 3.95%

5 3.29%

14 9.21%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Would you recommend eBid?

Not very easy to use. Even though I'm logged in, every time I make a move, I have to log in again. I tried to increase my maximum bid and because the system asked me to log in again, I ended up losing the auction. Once logged in, you should remain logged in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boulderman View Post
    Not very easy to use. Even though I'm logged in, every time I make a move, I have to log in again. I tried to increase my maximum bid and because the system asked me to log in again, I ended up losing the auction. Once logged in, you should remain logged in!!!
    Hi, when you log in there is alittle box saying remember me check that you have ticked it.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jarremachine View Post
    Well I'm fast losing patience with eBid, pulling my thread in the KT which was a joke about another auction site

AND ignoring requests about getting the counters reset to zero.
    Hi Jarremachine, not sure why your thread was pulled, we like to live and let live on the forums, we just dont allow any swearing or promotion of other auction sites. I'll take a look into it if you want.

The counter aspect we'll be changing soon, as far as we were concerned everyone who we spoke to were for the resetting to zero of views, but since the change a few people have given the opposite view so we will be adding the option to My Defaults shortly.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View angelkelly's Feedback (+389)
    All-About angelkelly
    View angelkelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile What are YOU doing about your lack of customers?

For all the people who continually moan about not having enough customers and that this site isnt advertised enough....

I know alot of people (including myself) sell on feebay and amazon aswell.

Everytime you send out an item to one of these customers why not send a compliment slip with the ebid website address and your ebid shop details. I send one saying that my prices are cheaper here because its free to list.

Put the 'buddy' address on the slip and if they sign up you will earn a reward too!

This in itself will bring ebid to the attention of potentially thousands of customers that never even knew it existed!

As for the site not being advertised enough, OK I agree. BUT... its free... Gaz and Mark have to make something and do you know how much websites pay to get feautured in searches all the time - alot! If this site advertised as much as feebay then it would have to start charging us similar prices to re-coup the money spent. Think about it....

If you want to keep the site free and bring in more customers then all you have to do is
    * tell people about it - family, friends
    * create links from your own websites (use the buddy system to earn points!)
    * everytime you send a Paypal invoice to a feebay customer put a note in the comments box about your ebid store
    * everytime you send out an item sold through another website slip in a small flyer - it doesnt have to be fancy just as long as it shows your ebid user name and the web address
    * tell your other customers that your items are cheaper when bought from ebid as you have no fees to list items
    * accept as many forms of payments as possible - from experience sometimes customers from other websites prefer to use Paypal instead of PPPay

There are many more ideas in the threads - take a look!

Kelly x

Angry Out Of Your Tiny's

I registered with eBid yesterday, upgraded to Silver, Tried logging on to purchase today and my username/password on hold??? I came straight through to this forum but can't access the auctionsite.
    What a complete load of RUBBISH! How Very Dare YOU!!!
    Can't even contact eBid as NO repeat NO contactus forms etc!!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarUr View Post
    I registered with eBid yesterday, upgraded to Silver, Tried logging on to purchase today and my username/password on hold??? I came straight through to this forum but can't access the auctionsite.
    There ARE contact us details in the help pages, plus lots of links provided on these boards.

Your account must have triggered one of EBIDs suspention criteria. I'm assuming as you upgraded to silver you wanted to sell - Were you listing items for sale which arent allowed on EBID? There's full details of prohibited items on EBIDs help pages. If you cant find the information you want on the help pages, start a new thread on one of the help boards and someone will give you the links.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarUr View Post
    Unlike some people like to think, we have never and will never place an account on hold for no reason. Why would we do that? There is always a reason for us placing accounts on hold. In your case we do not allow users to have 4 accounts with us. If you contact us using our HelpDesk links we will help you re-open one of your accounts and dispose of the others.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information