Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yardage Subcategory

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Well in my auctions several yards would go in yardage, 1/2 a yard up to under 2 would go in remnants and any little bits and pieces I have would go in da bin
    Yes you would put the little bits in the bin...so would I...but others don't. I have just bought a piece of fabric...listed as over 2yds...and when it came it was only 4" wide...lol
    What the heck....should have asked the question before bidding....
    It was only 99p.( not the great bargain I was expecting...) but I do have a use for it so I just gave positive feedback,,said it was not what I expected but the delivery was fast and efficient...LOL

Now where would that have been listed....yardage as it was over 2yds...remnant????

You see...its all in the buyers/sellers perception.....

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    At the end of the day you put your auction where YOU think it should go and where you think people will look for it......if you think its a remnant, then thats where you put it...and so forth. Different people have different views, as shown here...The desciption I gave was my idea of what a remnant is...you think differently.

...we can't add descriptions to explain what constitutes yardage and remnants...every visitor will have their own percieved ideas....so lets just get the categories listed...anything to help us navigate through the tons of FQ's LOL

Not getting at anyone..I have some FQs listed too....
    Are you on at me ? cause I'm not on at you. my bits and pieces no one would want

Yes you would put the little bits in the bin...so would I...but others don't. I have just bought a piece of fabric...listed as over 2yds...and when it came it was only 4" wide...lol
    It was only 99p.( not the great bargain I was expecting...) but I do have a use for it so I just gave positive feedback,,said it was not what I expected but the delivery was fast and efficient...LOL

Now where would that have been listed....yardage as it was over 2yds...remnant????

in "rip off"pieces

remnant 4 inches X 72 inches and i would not have been happy with it either... how dreadfull to list as 2 yards.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Are you on at me ? cause I'm not on at you. my bits and pieces no one would want
    I'm not having a go at anyone...except those peeps (on Ebay I have to say) that put loads of scraps together, the sort you and I would just bin, and sell as bundles of remnants, suitable for dolls dresses etc....

And no-one has wanted my bits and pieces for years...oh sorry...were you talking about fabric...??.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

remnant 4 inches X 72 inches and i would not have been happy with it either... how dreadfull to list as 2 yards.

I couldn't believe when I got the parcel..or should I say envelope...still you have to laugh at the cheek of it...Its a good job I'm quite a laid back person and just put it all down to experience...

View madhatter1's Feedback (+30)
    All-About madhatter1
    View madhatter1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default morning

Slightly off the subject but still about sewing type listings,I have about 100 very good quality cusion covers in 100% white cotton but not quite sure where to list them.

I think they could be used for ,embroidery, dying, cusion filling etc,any sujestions?

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Madhatters-Kitchen

If it looks great wear it!
    If it don't "Laugh Out Loud"

And no-one has wanted my bits and pieces for years...oh sorry...were you talking about fabric...??.
    Yeah,,,,, same here

View madhatter1's Feedback (+30)
    All-About madhatter1
    View madhatter1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not having a go at anyone...except those peeps (on Ebay I have to say) that put loads of scraps together, the sort you and I would just bin, and sell as bundles of remnants, suitable for dolls dresses etc....

Nor me(to short a reply-not allowed to say short)

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Madhatters-Kitchen

If it looks great wear it!
    If it don't "Laugh Out Loud"

Thread Information