Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An idea in relation to promotion and to annoy ebay

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    well done hun, I hope you do well with it.
    Me too, then when im rich beyond belief i can buy man united FC and start my bid to take them apart brick by brick

muhahahhahahahah

well would be nice
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cepher0 View Post
    Isn't it about time to stop trying to degrade ebay and put all your 'new found aggression' eeeerm sorry, 'new found energy' into promoting ebid ?
    I agree with this. I do not think that the constant sniping at eBay achieves much, if anything. Over the years I have bought and sold quite happily on eBay - without eBay the worldwide auction house on your PC would probably not exist. I am also happy to buy and sell on eBid. At present, eBay is still King. However, both are just auction venues, nothing more, nothing less.

I would like to see eBid grow to become a real competitor to eBay. eBay's fees reflect its dominance in the marketplace and the only way to counteract this is by eBid becoming a household name just like eBay is. More choice would be beneficial to buyers and sellers alike.
    Last edited by grimbold; 7th September 2006 at 09:19 PM.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Promoting Ebis is contacting all of my previous ebay customers to tell them where I have gone!!!!!!!I know at leat 2 have bought of Ebid as a consequence. so I may not have the benefit but someone else did. And there must be many former Ebay Shop owners who have done the same to advertise Ebid!
    Best wishes
    Teddysboosk

See the CUE campaign, just Google it.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Anyone able to tell me how to up load my paypal email addresses to an adress book I can send a bulk email to? Need to do this for about 500 peeps whom may never have heard of ebid. Thanx in advance to any replies

I've spent a month putting in the time and the effort and so far no results whatsoever...If you want to sell you should have stayed with eBay cause your wasting your time here.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James3 View Post
    I've spent a month putting in the time and the effort and so far no results whatsoever...If you want to sell you should have stayed with eBay cause your wasting your time here.
    Lots of people are doing just fine here James.

I've had a quick look at your auctions,
    Try some of the following tips:
    1. In my experience buyers on EBID aren't keen to bid on 'reserve not met' auctions. price your items so that the starting point is what you would accept as a sale, and remove the reserve.
    2. Promote and market your auctions. Put your store address ( available to you under 'my stores') in your forum signature.
    3. Let your old EBAY customers know where to find you on EBID - Give them a direct link to your store

Why not just have a straightforward text list of email addresses seperated by ; then just copy and paste that into the To box. or BCC if you don't want the recepients to see who else got it
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    See the CUE campaign, just Google it.
    Very interesting stuff, thanks for bringing this to my attention, I was unaware of it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ng.html?page=2

"Now the luxury brands Louis Vuitton and Dior Couture have filed actions seeking 37million Euros against the auction giants. The CORE spokesman said; “This was bound to happen sooner or later. The amount of fake goods ranging from fashion garments, to CDs and DVDs is now off the scale, particularly since eBay opened up the Far East market. We believe it is now only a matter of time before music companies and sports brands follow suit”.
    This is something Ebid should watch out for.

"Ebay continue to claim that it is not their responsibility to police the site. However, CORE dismissed this, saying: “That is looking increasingly ridiculous. Ebay somehow manage to find resources and time to censor comments in their forums. They also ignore the positive steps taken by competitor venues to reduce and hinder scams on their sites. It is total nonsense in our view to say eBay are doing all they can to maintain the integrity of their site and earn the trust of users”.

I agree - this ludicrous idea that it isn't Greedbay's responsibility to police their own site is a joke - who else should do it? Who runs the site?

Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    I agree with this. I do not think that the constant sniping at eBay achieves much, if anything. Over the years I have bought and sold quite happily on eBay - without eBay the worldwide auction house on your PC would probably not exist.
    Rubbish. Ebay got lucky. As simple as that. Such is the nature of the internet. Whichever auction site got the most customers to begin with, benefitted from the snowball effect. We can all see that Ebay's customers are the least satisfied of any company's... If Greedbay hadn't been the lucky ones, one of the many other auction sites would have been.

I am also happy to buy and sell on eBid. At present, eBay is still King. However, both are just auction venues, nothing more, nothing less.
    Thankyou for that gem of genius!!! What does it mean?

I would like to see eBid grow to become a real competitor to eBay. eBay's fees reflect its dominance in the marketplace and the only way to counteract this is by eBid becoming a household name just like eBay is. More choice would be beneficial to buyers and sellers alike.
    Ebay's fees reflect unnecessary GREED on the part of its owners. How much money do these charming individuals think they NEED in order to be happy? They obviously don't care about the effects of their stupid policies on their millions of customers, otherwise we wouldn't even be having these conversations.

Thread Information