Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea in relation to promotion and to annoy ebay

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default An idea in relation to promotion and to annoy ebay

This is just an idea which will no doubt annoy ebay and also create some promotion for the sites liike ebid who are trying to nick ebays customers

Instead of mass boycotts, why isnt there simply a mass listing of promotion auctions of ebid

by this i mean this

do something as simple as i did earlier, write ebid on a piece of paper and sell it. it would cost hardly anything and if enough people did it, would make a lot of work for the ebay staff to remove

We all do this, create one listing each, then at a designated time, we all upload and flood the system.

just an idea, perhaps someone could build upon it
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Sounds like you should join the Fee Protest Group http://groups.ebay.co.uk/forum.jspa?forumID=1600003487
    over on Greedbay
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View bjt1964's Feedback (+274)
    All-About bjt1964
    View bjt1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm up for it.........sychronising watches etc....hehehehe

Seriously I will def take part if it gets off the ground
    do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?

Brian

View cepher0's Feedback (+700)
    All-About cepher0
    View cepher0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Isn't it about time to stop trying to degrade ebay and put all your 'new found aggression' eeeerm sorry, 'new found energy' into promoting ebid ?

I had 2 very successful shops on ebay which just couldn't 'make it' due to the new pricing structure. but i will not degrade ebay....i simply left them to come here.

So far i am having no problems except maybe it is a little quieter here, but then all i have to do here is put in the same amount of time and effort i did on ebay in the hopes that i will become as well known and trustworthy as i was on ebay...

Great Card Making and Scrapbooking Goodies at Low Low Prices. In Store Now

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=The-Scrapbook-Crafters-Carousel

You want to annoy Ebay Manstomar? Shame on you!

Why, only this morning I decided to buy myself a nice new Ebay store. I hope the bidding doesn't go over £10.50 though :/

Quote Originally Posted by IceHouse View Post
    You want to annoy Ebay Manstomar? Shame on you!

Why, only this morning I decided to buy myself a nice new Ebay store. I hope the bidding doesn't go over £10.50 though :/
    So do I the roof's fell in

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    This is just an idea which will no doubt annoy ebay and also create some promotion for the sites liike ebid who are trying to nick ebays customers

Instead of mass boycotts, why isnt there simply a mass listing of promotion auctions of ebid

by this i mean this

do something as simple as i did earlier, write ebid on a piece of paper and sell it. it would cost hardly anything and if enough people did it, would make a lot of work for the ebay staff to remove

We all do this, create one listing each, then at a designated time, we all upload and flood the system.

just an idea, perhaps someone could build upon it
    I know i've asked this before but how annoyed do you think ebay will be at getting all those listing & final value fees for the amount of auctions you're suggesting?

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I think the idea is that they take them off so they get nowt

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54 View Post
    I know i've asked this before but how annoyed do you think ebay will be at getting all those listing & final value fees for the amount of auctions you're suggesting?

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cepher0 View Post
    Isn't it about time to stop trying to degrade ebay and put all your 'new found aggression' eeeerm sorry, 'new found energy' into promoting ebid ?

I had 2 very successful shops on ebay which just couldn't 'make it' due to the new pricing structure. but i will not degrade ebay....i simply left them to come here.

So far i am having no problems except maybe it is a little quieter here, but then all i have to do here is put in the same amount of time and effort i did on ebay in the hopes that i will become as well known and trustworthy as i was on ebay...
    You are of course entirey right. and as someone esle state yes ebay are going to get money from my fees

But i get something in return, cheap promotion of my ebid shop and now my online store

Stupid auctions = plenty of viewings. Ive done auctions like these before its nothiing new, but they are a great way of getting people to my better items. In the past i listed a blank a4 piece of paper, stupid, but i knew i could promote that kind of auction on the student sites, at the time i had many academic books to sell and this was merely a means of driving people to my user name. It worked, i sold most of my books through this way.

I like Ebid, but i certainly wont be putting all my eggs in one basket, i know there are plenty of items that simply wont sell here, but will on ebay and vice versa. Also with my own site lauched

www.daisychaincollectables.co.uk

which links to my actual ebid shop AND more importantly my online shop, i can use ebay and ebid to drive traffic to that site.
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Thread Information