My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has eBid peaked for now?

Hi and welcome all Newbies.....I have closed my lickle shop on Feebay for the strike, but feel that will have very little impact on those fat cats.... BUT I hope that all ebay shops are working on a long term plan. Many oppose the fee hikes but wont shut up shop because they value their customers.... others simply can not afford to..... the C4 noon report failed to mention the anti-fee hike petition of over 25,000 names!!!!

I feel the best way to hit ebay is slowly.....if all sellers reduce the number of shop inventory listings to the bare minimum, which will reduce their monthly shop fees .... then use ebay to promote new shops elsewhere.....for me it will be eBid! (of course)

I have reduced my listings from 500 to 40 and have a further 20 to take off. I will keep my best sellers on Ebay (for now)and advise my customers that I have a bigger better and less expensive shop on ebid. If all shops did this.... it should have a long term impact.

There are some great shops on ebay...... who I am sure will rise above these increases........... I am not one of them.... BUT my e-business is new (only had ebay shop since MAY 1st) and I am so frustrated...... I actually don't KNOW what to do other than reduce no of listings, increase my prices on ebay and tell customers I have a greater range of products on Ebid at lower prices....... this is going to be a slog for most of us for now I guess.

Ebay say 520 shops have shut today....... out of 2000 thats over 25% (isnt it?) .........

I would love to have the confidence in Ebid just to close my shop!!!! but am worried that I could be putting my eggs into one basket and ending up making no money. I have been struggling on ebay anyway! Am told its that time of year?

I have now almost 100 listings on Ebid and will be adding stock daily.... I wish any ebayer good luck with their shops wherever they are and am happy to answer any q's about ebid if I know the answer, have been member for 3 weeks.

Sorry to drone on..... have a buzzing head at theminumte and have just about had enough of all the uncertainty *CRY*

BTW It is very friendly over here....... my favorite sellers are

THE SOAP DRAGON

FAIRIES WISHES

RI PRODUCTIONS

you will see them around the K table.... take a peek in their shops and treat yourselves!

Oh and of course have a peek in mine......

Quote Originally Posted by TottyzKlozzit View Post
    the C4 noon report failed to mention the anti-fee hike petition of over 25,000 names!!!!
    I find the petition a complete waste of time.
    Fees are to high, go someone else.
    Bay are not going to even look at it, the only thing they care about is money from FVF's and Listings. If that goes down they might then listen.

I feel the best way to hit ebay is slowly.....if all sellers reduce the number of shop inventory listings to the bare minimum, which will reduce their monthly shop fees.... then use ebay to promote new shops elsewhere.....for me it will be eBid! (of course)
    I have reduced my listings from 500 to 40 and have a further 20 to take off. I will keep my best sellers on Ebay (for now)and advise my customers that I have a bigger better and less expensive shop on eBid. If all shops did this.... it should have a long term impact.
    Spot on, shutting my Bay shop is not an option, but trying to get repeat buyers to save money by buying on here would cut my eBay invoice = a negative effect becuase of the changes for eBay, but positive for me and my customers.
    I’ve cancelled all auto-repost on bay so all slow moving stock is going to be eBid only stock.

A lot of the big sellers on ebay are wholesalers and retailers, or small businesses that have a bricks & mortar shop - they can and will absorb the new fees and simply hike their prices up, then just carry on as though nothing has happened.

It is the little people who cannot do the same and will suffer.

Many sellers will not feel the price hikes for a few months yet - many have simply uploaded items into turbo lister and are waiting for 20 / 21 August to upload the whole lot into their ebay shops on a 90 day listing, which will be subject to the current prices. They will therefore only feel the impact of the new fees come 20 November when their current listings expire.

That is when we should see the next exodus of new comers.
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

Has nobody read my post at #9? This thread was started in error! eBid has NOT peaked - it is still growing!

BTW eBay has 20000 shops not 2000 (that was a mistake in the report) so it is not 25% unfortunately.
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Sure we have - we just like speculating too
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

Wink

Whew! I feel a big enough idiot as it is!
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View bjt1964's Feedback (+274)
    All-About bjt1964
    View bjt1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am another that is not reliant on making sales and do all my buying and selling for fun, but I do realise that many people who have stores on here or where ever do it for a living and I sympathise with them when sales are not here.
    It is ok talking about the number of listings on a site and does it really matter if they are up or down, is it not more relevant the number of sales on a site and the number of buyers
    do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?

Brian

The great news it that it doesn't cost Ebay shop owners anything except time, to list on Ebid. They can then tell any customers that their prices on Ebid are less (I presume everybody who comes here sells their items for less than on Ebay), and if a customer has bought from you and been happy with their experience, and wants to buy again, who wouldn't want to buy at a cheaper price? It may be a slow process, but if it continues, which I think it will, we can gradually get more and more buyers to come over here.
    Ebay is already a nightmare for finding some items, due to the Chinese listings. Type in "2GB MP3" and see how many Chinese listings come up! What do you do if you want to buy an MP3 player from the U.K.? Give up! Or come to Ebid, and you can find U.K. only items. It's not just the sellers who are fed up on Greedbay, it's also buyers.
    We can all individually help to advertise Ebid. We can all make flyers, for next to nothing, and put a link to Ebid in our e-mail signatures (which definitely costs us nothing!) If a few thousand of us do this, we can reach tens of thousands of people every week.

I've just arrived as an Ebay refugee and I agree ebid will not challenge the might of eBay immediately but it will start to grow exponentially as more migrate.

I've been plugging eBid over there to such an extent that someone said I should change my ID to ebid ! I expect I'll get slapped before long as I annoyed them with my Hammer Auction.

Publicity is the name of the game, look what we acheived as a Protest Group with the media coverage yesterday!

Have only managed to get a few items in my new eBid Store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Affordable-Art
    but will be listing more shortly.

Ken

ebid's listings are about to go up significantly.....I have arrived :P

Seriously: ebid will get more customers from ebays stupidity in the coming months, as sellers defect. I am not the only one registered here in the last few weeks. A few of the new shops here I have had a look at are empty (like mine at the minute) I have been busy with other things (setting up pppay for a start) and my regular business. When these people get listing, you will see a surge I'm sure. I plan to list a few hundred items over the coming days, provided everything goes well.

Thread Information