Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has eBid peaked for now?

Unhappy Has eBid peaked for now?

I found this link on the other side. It was aimed at showing how badly eBay was doing. Unfortunately, it does not show a positive picture for eBid either.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php

The only positive spin I can think of is that at least eBid made the charts and it is the top UK site!

I know that a lot of sellers moved over from eBay after previous changes were announced. So is this what has happened before - sellers dissatisfied with eBay, sellers move to eBid, activity increases on eBid, eBid does not maximise the opportunity, new sellers are disappointed, activity decreases?

Has the exodus ended for now?

Is this as good as it will get - despite many of us busting a gut to make the most of the general dissatisfaction with eBay?

I've tried to stay positive, but 4 sales in my time here won't pay my bills (3 at one time by 1 buyer). I mentioned to another seller that I've had a lot of items with 1 or 2 bids on them but they didn't reach the reserve price. These are items that on the other side sell at the BIN price let alone at the reserve price. These bids almost seem like 'sympathy' bids to encourage others!

I have decided to keep my eBay shop open but I won't be leaving eBid and I will continue to do my best to encourage buyers to use eBid - in reality though I know any sales here will be a bonus and I'll always feel a great opportunity was missed.

How many ex ebayers from previous exoduses are secretly saying "I could have told you this would happen."?
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View jarpet21's Feedback (+373)
    All-About jarpet21
    View jarpet21's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Ikea
    I think it may possibly have peaked temporarily but I believe it will pick up again. It is going to take some time for Ebayers to see the full effect that the shop changes on Ebay are having, not just on their sales but also their profit - particularly as many sellers don't check their accounts every month. Alot of Ebayers seem to mistakenly think that Ebay might have a change of heart, or they're waiting to see what happens with the new Ebay Express - many are just too scared to go elsewhere. I think as people gradually realise the full effect of the shop changes on their pockets there will be an increase on Ebid again.
    Ebid just cannot compete with Ebay overnight. Sadly so many sellers rely on their sales for income that they can't wait for the increase in Ebids popularity to take effect - which is fully understandable.
    I am lucky in that I am not reliant on my sales. I personally look at every sale on Ebid as a bonus and will continue to list on Ebid whatever Ebay does. Ebay is no longer my home page (and that feels good!!!!) and I always look on Ebid now for anything I want to purchase - it's a start. To be honest I've always loved selling - it was never about the money for me personally but Ebay have simply spoilt it for many. I have loads of new items to list - it's all going on Ebid and not Ebay for definite.
    Please don't give up on us - many Ebayers cannot continue to keep selling with such a low profit margin. As buyers become more confident purchasing elsewhere things will change ..............................with time!!!

Hi,

#2 I couldn't agree with you more - I definitely don't think eBay will change its mind - even on the Business Sellers Board where a lot of us a very vocal there are big differences of opinion, there is no united front unfortunately.

I was shocked and very disappointed to see the figures in the link I posted, as I would have expected an increase not a decrease of 38% - much more than eBay's decrease.

As I said I'm not giving up on eBid as it had loads to offer, but I'm still disappointed there was no 'official' campaign to proactively promote eBid during a bad time for eBay - I think we've missed the boat this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ikeaplus View Post
    I found this link on the other side. It was aimed at showing how badly eBay was doing. Unfortunately, it does not show a positive picture for eBid either.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php

The only positive spin I can think of is that at least eBid made the charts and it is the top UK site!

I know that a lot of sellers moved over from eBay after previous changes were announced. So is this what has happened before - sellers dissatisfied with eBay, sellers move to eBid, activity increases on eBid, eBid does not maximise the opportunity, new sellers are disappointed, activity decreases?

Has the exodus ended for now?

Is this as good as it will get - despite many of us busting a gut to make the most of the general dissatisfaction with eBay?

I've tried to stay positive, but 4 sales in my time here won't pay my bills (3 at one time by 1 buyer). I mentioned to another seller that I've had a lot of items with 1 or 2 bids on them but they didn't reach the reserve price. These are items that on the other side sell at the BIN price let alone at the reserve price. These bids almost seem like 'sympathy' bids to encourage others!

I have decided to keep my eBay shop open but I won't be leaving eBid and I will continue to do my best to encourage buyers to use eBid - in reality though I know any sales here will be a bonus and I'll always feel a great opportunity was missed.

How many ex ebayers from previous exoduses are secretly saying "I could have told you this would happen."?
    Just had a look at your listing. You have a nice range of very good items. I would happily buy from you in the future. Just thought I would let you know.

I think things will pick up a bit on ebid closer to christmas.

Hi everyone,

I closed my shop completely on ebay last night. The items I sell along with the new postage prices have made it just impossible to stay on there.

I looked at my sellers account and it really does add up in fees. I think many people are trying to ride it out for a bit, but many will leave I think.

I am staying on here. I feel sure it will improve and I love the feel of this site. It is so friendly.

Hi,
    Isn't a lot of it due to the time of day?
    When I checked it just now it was only showing counts as of 7.15 am. Yes listings on Ebid UK were down, but on Ebid US,CA & AU they were UP. As they were in the 6.15 timeslot.
    Ebays are all shown as one & were down both times.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    View gib136's Feedback (+2513)
    All-About gib136
    View gib136's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know if it will help to give a clearer picture of what's been happening here the last 2 or 3 weeks, but I've been keeping tabs on Ebids front page stats since the 26th July.

Here's how they've progressed for the last 20 days or so:

205944 Auctions Found | 254 Wanteds Found | 2438 eBid Stores Found 26-07-06

206732 Auctions Found | 250 Wanteds Found | 2460 eBid Stores Found 27-08-06

200702 Auctions Found | 254 Wanteds Found | 2467 eBid Stores Found 28-07-06

202610 Auctions Found | 255 Wanteds Found | 2479 eBid Stores Found 29-07-06

207294 Auctions Found | 256 Wanteds Found | 2500 eBid Stores Found 30-07-06

213143 Auctions Found | 260 Wanteds Found | 2520 eBid Stores Found 31-07-06

215530 Auctions Found | 264 Wanteds Found | 2534 eBid Stores Found 01-08-06

************************************************** *************************

216460 Auctions Found | 268 Wanteds Found | 2547 eBid Stores Found 02-08-06

217227 Auctions Found | 271 Wanteds Found | 2562 eBid Stores Found 03-08-06

216347 Auctions Found | 275 Wanteds Found | 2565 eBid Stores Found 04-08-06

213191 Auctions Found | 277 Wanteds Found | 2567 eBid Stores Found 05-08-06

216579 Auctions Found | 280 Wanteds Found | 2583 eBid Stores Found 06-08-06

217115 Auctions Found | 278 Wanteds Found | 2601 eBid Stores Found 07-08-06

215656 Auctions Found | 279 Wanteds Found | 2602 eBid Stores Found 08-08-06

217480 Auctions Found | 279 Wanteds Found | 2625 eBid Stores Found 09-08-06

224663 Auctions Found | 282 Wanteds Found | 2640 eBid Stores Found 10-08-06

226309 Auctions Found | 281 Wanteds Found | 2643 eBid Stores Found 11-08-06

227246 Auctions Found | 280 Wanteds Found | 2650 eBid Stores Found 12-08-06

228596 Auctions Found | 282 Wanteds Found | 2662 eBid Stores Found 13-08-06

227246 Auctions Found | 285 Wanteds Found | 2680 eBid Stores Found 14-08-06

The trend is definitely up and up
    Please click on the pic to visit my DVD store

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

A very brief but creditable mention of ebid just now on Channel 4's News 'Money' section !

Right, I'm holding my hand up and saying I've got egg on my face with this as I have completely misread in a BIG way the stats in the link I posted.

I read the figure for eBid as -38% not -0.38%. The figure does change hourly ( it compares with that time the day before) and at the moment it is -0.56% down on this time yesterday.

I've registered with the site showing the stats so I could see the charts and the overall trend for eBid is up over the last 8-10 days. Over the same period Bay was down but is climbing steadily back up again.

Sorry for causing confusion - although I stand by my comment (made before by myself and others) that I'm disappointed there is no 'official' campaign to proactively promote eBid during a bad time for eBay.

Exclamation Soon as the Fees change

I sent a newsletter to my customers briefly explaining why prices are chaper here and the new Bay fees, many are shop sellers on bay that didn't know the fees were changing!

Give it a month or two when people get there Bay invoice and work out they are losing money on items, then things will pick up.

I haven't made a sale yet here, but people are starting to look

@ £2.49 a month - nothing to lose but time.

Thread Information