My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Refugee

Hi again Tarryn- welcome to eBid. We're a much friendlier bunch over here ;-)

I too love what I do and I was getting more and more disillusioned with feeBay, then they hiked their fees and gave me the excuse I needed to look and list elsewhere! Thanks goodness I did, as I probably would have quit by now...

The Soap Dragon xx

Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View nysablaze's Feedback (+48)
    All-About nysablaze
    View nysablaze's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was with eBay for about 3-4 years first selling off just bits from the house, like books and toys (still have boxes sitting to get listed) and then I went self employed last year selling basically fantasy giftware and some jewellery all new items.

Invested most of my savings in the business and have been living off the rest as every penny in profit was put straight back in. Had just got to the stage were 2 things seemed to be going right.
    1. it looked like I might be able to start taking a small wage for myself each month (I mean small but at the mo every little helps) and
    2. I finally found a supplier for a line I been wanting to carry for ages.

Then the eBay announcements and everything is up in the air. Don't know for certain what will happen now but I'm determined not to let the buzzards (sp? ) get me down! and if there is any way I can turn this around it will happen, already had a couple of buyers saying they will follow me and I have a direct link in my eBay shop (slowly being closed down) to my eBid one.
    Spent the last few days looking at hosting packages too (think I'm going skelly-eyed ) but I'm sure that with a bit of effort we make eBid every bit as popular if not more so than the other place!
    Check out my auctions at:

for excellent gifts,
    and
    Nysa's Notions Jewellery
    for gemstone, sterling silver, pewter and glass jewellery

or my alter ego, phoenysa,
    Phoenysa's Stitchy Bits - for cross stitch magazines, kits and bits
    Phoenysa's Books & Bits - for pre-owned books for adults and children

I was on eBay for a few years too. I used to be a powerseller but the rising fees and falling market did me in. I closed my store (yet again) last weekend. I'd forgotten I had an acct. here. I just started listing some prints and will get the originals up after.

Laura

The best thing we can all do is publicise this place as much as possible, and look to buy here for things we want as well, sort of self supporting, before looking for things on Greedbay.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

I agree Ken..
    "Big Up The Ebid".. well thats what my 12 year old would say anyhow!!..lol

And good luck with your Art.. its pretty fab if you dont mind me saying

Forum Newbie
    View sedddal's Feedback (+5)
    All-About sedddal
    View sedddal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone, I have been on ebay for about 2 years now, I still have my shop there until I can get up and running here, then its good bye to ebay, I will hopefully bring over some of my regular customers to ebid, I have to admit it's taken me a while to get to grips with the way you do things over here, sold a few items the first week, I was well chuffed, but had to ask the buyer for help, she wanted postal discount and I had no idea how to do it, to be honest I still dont know how to do it, how do you send out invoices? hi hipchick (waves like mad) you are the only person I saw on ebay, I am into card making and scrapbooking too, anyway its 7.10am I am going to make a nice cuppa and some toast,

sedddal x

Well have got my listings up and have sold two already,

To answer honeyants question earlier, and sorry for the delay been a bit busy!! Yes I do paint from photographs if required.

I've just had an email from someone who commissioned me to do two paintings three years ago, wants another one following thier holiday in Colorado. Wish they would pay for me to do it onsite
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hi Ken

I am yet another e-Bay refugee, I sell Art Materials (thought this might be of interest to you!)

I have had an e-Bay shop for two years now and it started off very quickly, in fact, I now have premises and a good customer base off the back of e-bay so I shouldn't bite the hand that feeds!!

My e-Bay business has thrived until recently when the greedy so-and-so's put shop fees up and I had to retract a lot of my more expensive stock from the shop to cut costs. I have a new website under construction at the moment and it is due to go live in about 2 weeks.

I, like so many others, decided to search for a new outlet and found e-bid - so here goes nothing!! Hell, its worth a try, don't you think?

Anyway, if you need art materials, I'm your girl. All my art materials are at least 20% cheaper than retail and my canvases are at least 40% cheaper. I hold stocks of Winsor & Newton, Daler Rowney, Pro-Arte, Chroma, Reeves, Loxley and many more top branded goods.

Feel free to contact me for a quotation!

Good Luck on e-bid....by the way, your paintings are lovely!

Celeste

Hi Ken. What a superb web site and great items too. I too have moved to ebid from eBay due to their hiking up of fees mainly. I still have my shop there for the moment until I have transferred everything over to ebid but it will take ages to do. All I wanted was to sell many of items that I have collected over the years to fans and collectors. I just kept collecting mainly on music and related items and it all just took over. Now having had the items stored carefully for many years I decided to put a lot up for sale. Well ... apart from my ABBA collection that is ... although collecting ABBA and solo/related items I lost track a little and duplicated some items hence the reason I am now cataloguing my collection and selling the duplicate ABBA/related items (although the ABBA autographs are not duplicates I am just down sizing a little on that bit) to make a little money and reinvest in ABBA items I don't have.

Ebid seems fine to me, its all rather exciting. The only downside is starting all over again and having nearly 850 positive feedback the other side and having worked so hard for that, being at zero again seems an uphill struggle. However I will be advertising ebid on my new web sites soon to give ebid support and spread the word that there is a better alternative for buyers and sellers.
    All the best.
    Kathryn
    also known as serendipitywishlist (well there is no harm in wishing when a fortunate discovery could be just around the corner)

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/Serendipity-Memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by gingernutjimmy View Post
    Hi Ken

I am yet another e-Bay refugee, I sell Art Materials (thought this might be of interest to you!)

Good Luck on e-bid....by the way, your paintings are lovely!

Celeste
    Interesting, I hope you are going to list some more stuff, I'm off on a pilgamage to Constable country in a couple of days so that will give you time to list some stuff!

Thanks for the compliment on the paintings.
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information