eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How can you help raise the profile of eBid?

Smile

#8, I suppose. eBay doesn't really mean anything, but it IS very recognisable, which means, I think anyway, the name ebid gets lost under it.

Not sure whether Ikea means much, at least to english speaking people, but having a name that means nothing hasn't hurt them either...

#11 - I think you have made my point for me - if we want to compete with a worldwide brand it makes sense to have a name that makes sense LOL!

BTW the name IKEA was formed from the founder's initials (I.K.) plus the first letters of Elmtaryd and Agunnaryd, the farm and village where he grew up - I thought everone know that - joke!
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Thumbs down why does ebid not advertise on TV??????

I'm sure someone must of asked this but why does ebid not advertise on tv etc like ebay?

There are hardly any buyers on here, so why should we come here as apposed to staying on ebay were we actually do get some sales.

Fair enough ebay takes a large cut of our profits but they do spend alot of money advertising to bring the customers in, on the other hand ebid spends nothing advertising and has hardly any buyers but PLENTY of sellers

View madhatter1's Feedback (+30)
    All-About madhatter1
    View madhatter1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ttp608 View Post
    I'm sure someone must of asked this but why does ebid not advertise on tv etc like ebay?

There are hardly any buyers on here, so why should we come here as apposed to staying on ebay were we actually do get some sales.

Fair enough ebay takes a large cut of our profits but they do spend alot of money advertising to bring the customers in, on the other hand ebid spends nothing advertising and has hardly any buyers but PLENTY of sellers
    Found one the other day so I handcuffed him to the Post he was looking at --- anybody seen him? his user name was "bondagemeplease"

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Madhatters-Kitchen

If it looks great wear it!
    If it don't "Laugh Out Loud"

Quote Originally Posted by ttp608 View Post

When the sellers start buying as well then the site will work, most of them are putting stuff on to sell without even thinking that the site is for buying and selling, if we all do that then how can we expect Garry and Mark to raise the millions of £s needed to run a TV add campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Found one the other day so I handcuffed him to the Post he was looking at --- anybody seen him? his user name was "bondagemeplease"
    Did he pay up

All-About madhatter1
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Did he pay up
    Nah I did it for free cause I enjoyed it as well.
    "free to tie free to be tied free to enjoy"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    When the sellers start buying as well then the site will work, most of them are putting stuff on to sell without even thinking that the site is for buying and selling, if we all do that then how can we expect Garry and Mark to raise the millions of £s needed to run a TV add campaign.
    when we came here we was told that if we bought items then other sellers would buy from us i have bought a few bits but i have only one buyer so a lot of people are not playing the rules of the game they started
    thats life though i suppose
    good luck to all

Quote Originally Posted by debbieslittlestars View Post
    when we came here we was told that if we bought items then other sellers would buy from us i have bought a few bits but i have only one buyer so a lot of people are not playing the rules of the game they started
    good luck to all
    Hi Debbie, it's not a given that the same people you buy from will buy from you but as you list more items over time, more people will find items that are suitable for them, you have some great stuff & great prices but what you have at the moment might not suit the people that are looking now, i've had some items listed for months in the past & then the right person/people saw them & bid. I'll certainly keep looking at your items from time to time.
    Good luck.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

All-About madhatter1
    Forum Posts

Default X buying

Quote Originally Posted by debbieslittlestars View Post
    good luck to all
    Went to your auctions but could'nt find anything that fits

Thread Information