Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Pagans Out There?

Hi Soapy,
    We've been to 3 weddings in 3 months. First was on a beach, second at a stabding stone, third in a cathedral, all great though the first was the most magical and had perfect weather right through the day and night. After the wedding on the beach, the reception was at a place which had the most wonderful arboretum with a fabulous atmosphere and wall to wall sunshine.
    I lurrrrrrrrrrrrv old trees.

I still want to get going on Sabbat cards but it has been hectic one way and another.

On the ebay protest group (yes folks, it's still working well and looking for new recruits to help the next campaign) we've been tracking scammers and I was amazed that for the first time last night, I actually caught one in the act of listing. Got screenshots as he listed and followed him through about half a dozen hijacked accounts.

A little controversy maybe ... when Christianity first came to the country, there were already celebrations taking place at certain times (see earlier list from Soapy) and the 'new religion' incorporated the dates, giving them slightly different meanings, not too different though.

What used to amuse me no end was that, until less than 5 years ago, in the village I live in (fiercely Christian) there was always a bonfire held on October 31st and all the kids would turn up there after guising (trick or treat Scots style) for burgers and a fancy dress competition at the bonfire, which went on late into the night (by which time the kids were leading the adults home).

I don't suppose any of the adults realised they were celebrating a pagan festival (except me, of course). It used to be a brilliant evening of pigging out etc.

I have a book - Stations of the Sun - which is fairly comprehensive in its coverage but a biy short on symbolic detail.

BTW I always have a hard time finding cards which only say 'Season's Greetings', that's one reason why I started making my own many years ago.

We must chat in detail soon.

Hope everything's going well for you, sending you my festive gift man pressie list soon.

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/0ctavias0fferings

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/Oriental-Offerings

Lightbulb greedings cards

You have a computor!
    you have time to complain of non hollidays or hollidays!
    you have time to complain of no seasons greatings cards!
    Use the computor & design your cards!
    They will be a personal touch & great qualtiy!
    Stop complaining & enjoy life!
    Use the tools of trade you have --not the complain!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by daviegin View Post
    All Christians are pagans they just haven't clicked yet, how they were enticed to church in the first place.
    Well, there are "christians" who unwittingly celebrate paganism and then there are true Christians whom have come to learn the true knowledge about the real God & of his son, Jesus Christ.

Being an ordained minister, I certainly know the difference

I did not say I was a Druid, I said that I was 'sort of a cross between a Wicca and a Druid'. World of difference mate.
    Guardian of the Druids? Puhlease, don't make me laugh...

As I rather suspect you are either a Troll or a plank, I shall ignore your other comments...

Soapy xxx

PS Jesus was reported to have been born in Septemer- where the heck did you get july from...?

Dec was the only month with no holliday

I think you'll find that midwinter the winter solstice or whatever you want to call it, was celebrated long before Christianity, so there was a holiday in December.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Lightbulb Solstis

The thought is nice!
    that is not a legal or nationaly none holliday or marked
    with greeting cards--on the calider as legal holliday the every one gets a day off work!
    Heck thers are many self proclaimed days--even the Indians had sacred days--none recognised as legal hollidays!
    So no solstic is not a legal holliday!

Dec was the only month with no holliday so they decided
    with the card cocktail comps that it will make money & cards if they call it X-mass & have Santa Clause & other icons to
    faulsely represent this holliday that dont exist!
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn1 View Post
    The thought is nice!
    that is not a legal or nationaly none holliday or marked
    with greeting cards--on the calider as legal holliday the every one gets a day off work!
    Heck thers are many self proclaimed days--even the Indians had sacred days--none recognised as legal hollidays!
    So no solstic is not a legal holliday!
    Everyone doesn't get a holiday I've worked the last 25 Christmas Days!!!

So what are the legal holidays in each month, that pre-date Christmas then?
    Because we sure don't have a legal holiday every month here in the UK,
    & that includes holidays that are much more recent than Christmas.
    As for Christmas Cards
    A relatively recent phenomenon, the sending of commercially printed Christmas cards originated in London in 1843. Previously, people had exchanged handwritten holiday greetings. First in person. Then via post.
    So Christmas came before cards, in fact
    CHRISTMAS, WHICH TAKES ITS NAME from Christ's Mass, was first celebrated on various dates from about 200 A.D. but was finally set on December 25 by Bishop Liberus of Rome in 354 A.D. The December date, which almost coincides with the winter solstice, became a popular festival of West Europe during the Middle Ages.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Default Legal Hollidays

Legal means that all get off-world wide--such as Columbus day!I personly know Columbus did not discover a thiing!
    Philippiones-& others were known to have contact befor that!
    Some how the Queen gets rights for this mess!
    As for getting X-mass off!Why? So Christ was born--he was
    a carpenter--befor selfproclaimed son of God!
    It was the Romas who made the imagae of the Son ofGod!
    It was the Romans who had the Catholic!
    It was the Romans who--well are you Roman?
    Do you realy subcribe to the theory of I holly Catholic & appolistic church?
    Do you tell all --you are the 1 true religion!
    I though Mose & Solomon could talk direct to God!
    Why would I need some one an an alter(much like a stage--offering his song & dance) Just to get funds to suport his ways!
    Moses never did that!
    His religous ways were told of befor Romans had this done!
    Last edited by djinn1; 24th October 2006 at 02:25 PM.

Thumbs down

Mentalist....

Columbus day? Whens that then??

Jesus a Carpenter? I hate to correct your obviously VAST theological knowledge, but it was JOSEPH that was the carpenter, the life of Jesus between just after his birth and up to his thirties is a mystery- what special knowledge do you have then?? I bet your local Priest would be all ears...

And why are you slinging Catholicism about as if it's dirty? Catholics have as much right to be Catholic as you have to *claim* to be a Druid with birthright (where do you keep your Oghams matey?? ;o) )

ROFLMGDMFAO!!!!!

Soapy xxx <~~~gentle EarthWitch, honest :O

Thread Information