My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

NorthUK - I like your Ebid Logo - Cheaper fees than Ebay, cheaper prices at Ebid - it's brill - mind if I borrow it?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    NorthUK - I like your Ebid Logo - Cheaper fees than Ebay, cheaper prices at Ebid - it's brill - mind if I borrow it?
    I like that better, less eBay, more eBid!

The Fee Protest Group on Greedbay have caused a stir and acheived an incredible amount of publicity. Ebid need to really capitalise that there is a nicer alternative to eBay.

I've just arrived and opened my store
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Affordable-Art
    So still stumbling around a bit, will get the hang of it soon I expect.

Ken

Thumbs up And another Pheebay store bites the dust.....

Hi Guys & Gals!

We've done it. Closed the eBay shop, finished the core listings. We're all eBid now.

The real wrench leaving eBay and joining eBid for us was leaving a hard earned four figure feedback reputation behind. I've posted on a couple of other threads but will ask here too.

1) Is it OK for us to "advertise" our eBay feedback record on our eBid listings initially to try and overcome the problem a bit?

2) Shouldn't we have a policy to credit an eBid feedback bonus for those new arrivals from eBay who have, say, 1000+ & 99%+ feedback records there? That would grab some media attention!

I like the idea as I know that was one of the real problems for us when we considered moving and I guess a lot of others will stay at eBay rather than want to become a Zero again!

Anyway - will be promoting eBid hard once we get some stuff on the shelves!!

Nice to see you and welcome from another Ebay Refugee.

I know it's a problem but I don't think 1000 or 100 is a great deal of difference to inspiring buyer confidence. As long as all your feedback is positive once you get of the ground it should build steadily.

You could always buy something from me :-) Have a look at my auctions to see how I covered it.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    View bitzunbobz's Feedback (+1046)
    All-About bitzunbobz
    View bitzunbobz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just had a look at guidelines on FeePay for About Me links and it says

The eBay About Me page may be used to describe the seller's business, and may contain URLs or links to the seller's individual web site. It may not specifically promote off eBay sales or sales of items prohibited on eBay, nor may it contain links to commercial web sites where goods from multiple sellers are aggregated by a common search engine

Does this last part exclude a link to Ebid?

Quote Originally Posted by bitzunbobz View Post

The eBay About Me page may be used to describe the seller's business, and may contain URLs or links to the seller's individual web site. It may not specifically promote off eBay sales or sales of items prohibited on eBay, nor may it contain links to commercial web sites where goods from multiple sellers are aggregated by a common search engine

Yes but i think most people are past careing

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bitzunbobz View Post

If you're worried about it just put a link to your website/webpage instead.

If you don't have a webpage, MOST ISP's provide you with webspace as part of your package. There are plenty of free/basic html progs around or you're bound to have a friend or family member that can knock up a page for you, doesn't have to be anything fancy.

Link from your ebay About Me to your webpage - then you're not breaking their rules.

On YOUR webpage YOU make the rules (provided it doesn't contain stuff not allowed by your ISP) promote Ebid or anything else you like. Mine points out that I can sell for less on Ebid & the saving is passed on to the customer.

As I am still (for now) listing on Feebay, I put a link to my About Me page in every listing suggesting people check it out.

Hopefully at least some of them are curious enough to follow the trail.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Lurker
    View bitzunbobz's Feedback (+1046)
    All-About bitzunbobz
    View bitzunbobz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

No Gothicina #79 I dont have a website of my own. Do you? I would like one but not sure how to go about it. Any tips?

Thread Information