Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by uktycoon View Post
    ... any idea how I can compress the file size before I upload it to photobucket??
    IrfanView. Especially useful if you're modifying a whole load of images because it has a batch mode as well.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View nysablaze's Feedback (+48)
    All-About nysablaze
    View nysablaze's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Akita
    Not been online much this month (had to shut up shop basically) as house was getting rewired and limited access to another machine only so I could deal with ended listings/sales.

Get full access again to be hit with the feebay hike, definitely not a happy bunny X-(
    Check out my auctions at:

for excellent gifts,
    and
    Nysa's Notions Jewellery
    for gemstone, sterling silver, pewter and glass jewellery

or my alter ego, phoenysa,
    Phoenysa's Stitchy Bits - for cross stitch magazines, kits and bits
    Phoenysa's Books & Bits - for pre-owned books for adults and children

Thumbs up Ebay link

Hi,

thanks Donkeyote for the great tip. I also will be bringing as many of my customers as possible.

I'm also fed up with feebay!!

Great, am aforum lurker already..... lol

Hi all.

Will have 160+ auctions (just sent a spreadsheet with 100 more on it) live shortly. 66 atm.

Just wanted to hear peoples thoughts about the uploader. I tried the Turbo Lister and it bombed first time trying to upload one, so I have been using the Spreasheet, works a treat as long as you know HTML.

Ho hum, good to be back!
    Well, I'm still here. SO why not visit my EBid Shop? http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Totally-Underwear (600+ Items coming soon!!!!!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by TOTTYZKLOZZIT View Post
    I have placed a link to all auctions on ebay, saying my shop have moved. I have done it two ways

1st- mention items are better prices in the new shop, and ask viewer to send an email to you so you can point them to your 'new shop'

2nd way - I have an about me page and have put my shop as one of my favourite links. then copied from the Me page and created an insert which says click here to enter tottyz klozzit.

I have put some auctions on with the 1st method and some on with the 2nd...... I think the only way ebay will find out about the link is if it is reported by an ebayer....... the 2nd way, ebay can do absolutely nothin' about - hope ebayers get curious enough to ask the question thats all!
    You can avoid any chance of Ebay rumbling you by putting the instructions on how to find your Ebid stuff in the form of an image, and don't put a link to Ebid with it, then Ebay can't find it. All they'll see is one out of x million images on their site. You can put text like:
    "To view all of my products at a cheaper price, please search on Ebid.co.uk for 'username'" (inserting your username). If this is a graphic, Ebay can't tell what it says unless one of their minions spends all day reading every bit of text on every single auction... And there's no way they're going to do that!!!

I use FastStone Screen Capture - a free program - to copy a rectangular area on any PC screen - so you can type in the text on a word processor, use FastStone Screen Capture, save the image, then insert the image into your auctions. No link involved, nothing Ebay can do about it, as they will never know it's there.

Something like this...

Try to highlight the text, or search for it. You can't, because it's an image, and neither will Ebay be able to. But it looks just like normal text.

If anybody needs any help with this, just let me know, and I'll explain in more detail.

(Obviously on this forum it's a bit more obvious that it's an image because it says 'Attached images' above it, and it's in a box, but on your auction it would just appear like any other text.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi all
    I am another FeeBay deserter, although I will probably still read their boards. What this site needs is more buyers, so I will try here first for the things I want.

Best of luck to all the migrating shop sellers! :-)

Forum Lurker
    Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Jays's Feedback (+194)
    All-About Jays
    View Jays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello to all - I'm another ebay migrant. I'd not heard of this site until I looked at the Community Boards on feebay following the price hike emails on 20/7. From what I've seen so far and judging by the way the numbers of items for sale are increasing I think the site will do well - but it needs more advertising. I've signed up for gold and will be listing more shortly. I will also promote the site to all my customers (old and new) during the transitionary period. I've never posted to a forum before - ebay forums seemed such an exclisive clique - you lot here seem such a friendlier and helpful bunch. Hope I can help ebid flourish and that ebay gets what it deserves!

Thread Information