Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

View havugot1's Feedback (+1790)
    All-About havugot1
    View havugot1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have recently stopped listing on ebay, partly due to the poor support I have received when they have over charged me, and partly due to sales no longer paying my bills.
    I have been listing on Ebid for quite some time now, even tho sales are low here. But as has already been mentioned, it is the buyers and a good buying experiance that is need here to keep the buyers here.
    Regarding buying, I always check here first, then the tinternet, and last resort is ebay.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Can I ask a couple of questions, how many still buy from eBay before exhausting every other site, and how many are still listing there. All the time folk continue to offer the buyer the opportunity to buy on eBay with which they are familiar what is the incentive to go elsewhere. Now the ball is rolling is it not now the time to make the big switchover.
    A great idea, Ken, providing you can afford not to have any sales for a bit. In my case it isn't money that is the driver but the need to get the stuff out of the house. I want to convert the heap of antique textiles in my dining room into money (and spare space) at speed and the buyers just aren't here for that stuff.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Default Buying & Listing.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Can I ask a couple of questions, how many still buy from eBay before exhausting every other site, and how many are still listing there. All the time folk continue to offer the buyer the opportunity to buy on eBay with which they are familiar what is the incentive to go elsewhere. Now the ball is rolling is it not now the time to make the big switchover.
    I have to say that I buy from eBay because the items that I buy / collect are never listed on eBid. What I am looking for are figurines made by Zaphir. I buy these from all over the world France, Australia, USA etc but as I say they only seem to be listed on eBay.

With regards to selling I have listed all sorts of items on eBid but they have not sold. These I have listed before putting them on eBay. When listed on eBay (3 or 7 day listing) they are usually sold within the listing time frame.

I would like to sell these items on eBid but the buyers are not here and I cannot wait for them to come as I have to turn stock over as quickly as possible by whatever means.

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi,
    Most of us are having similar problems. If we all continue to remind our customers that we list on ebid, they will eventually follow us all here. It need not cost you money to persevere, and continue to list here. It will pay off in the long run, I have no doubt. Please be positive!
    Diane.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Dianekmt, Absolutely, 100% aggree with you!

Cool moving from ebay

i have moved here from ebay as it is cheaper and seems easier to use. I did notify all my buyers i was moving to ebid and ended up getting suspended, i was a powerseller spending more than 2k a month in fees on ebay and i got suspended for telling people i was going to ebid, so ebay can kiss my ****.
    Caused a few problems as now i am suspended everyone thinks i have done a runner, but am getting through emailing everyone now and letting them know to come here.

just need to build up a good reputatiuon here, so go buy some of my stuff.

http://www.directdvds.net/

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/directdvds
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by directdvds; 28th January 2007 at 01:54 PM.

Hi, welcome to ebid, list as much as you can in as many different catagories as you can, do some one day x 10 relists and have a look round the site to see if you can see anything you want to buy to get a bit of feedback, and good luck with your selling.
    The site is having a make over very soon so should be even better than it is now!!

Forum Newbie
    View gaponefamilyhorse's Feedback (+1231)
    All-About gaponefamilyhorse
    View gaponefamilyhorse's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi i have just started selling on Ebid as there was to much trouble on Ebay about what you can sell and other sellers reporting you to Ebay, a lot of Sellers got stopped at Christmas selling Beauty items, if put off ebay all together, and now they are checking all AD's and if they are not happy they are not posting them.

COME AND VIST ME FOR ALL YOUR BEAUTY NEEDS,

LIMITED EDITION ITEMS NO ONE ELSE HAS

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BEAUTY-FOR-THE-STARS

I too have defected from ebay, that's because one seller didn't send the goods, but was able to slag me off on feed back, and a buyer refused to pay for an item, and has got awat with it, and ebay have done nothing to correct either of these, and yet they still want their fees, which are now high.
    newbie for now
    chris

I have come to the conclusion that some of the buyers on ebay , either work for them or paypal (in essence the same thing).

Prior to Xmas I listed a fair amount of CDs on there and despite never offering paypal as an option (I have had problems with them) I was inundated with buyers insisting that that was the only way they were going to pay (after having already bought the item). This lead to multiple relistings and constant creation of disputes to claim the fees back.

Another buyer kept insisting on having more photos of a particular CD , I was happy to oblige but I was going to email them to him instead of giving ebay further fees for more photos. I never did hear from this buyer again.

I know that some buyers are incapable of reading the auctions (none of my few buyers here have any problem incidently) but I am beginning to think there is some sort of ebay conspiracy thing going on.

To further add to my doubts , I have recently listed a fair few CDs on there again - this time I have clearly stated in big green letters that I do not accept paypal , and will have to begin issuing NPB alerts because it is becoming frankly annoying - but still the problem continues.

What are your views - are ebay/paypal sending in dummy buyers in a bid to further increase their profits or am I being far too paranoid/into conspiracy theories ?

Thread Information