My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

I too have left ebay for here,i mainley sell celebrity photos and when i get chance ill be uploading 1000's of items.

On ebay i can only afford to list about 100 at a time otherwse my profits are non-existent where as on here my customers can see every item i have.

SO if anyone needs any photos let me know

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    If they didn't list the buyers would go where they did list
    Well said that man! That's exactly what we all need to get into the heads of people who are still only listing on Ebay - if they list here as well, at lower prices, then their customers WILL come here. If enough of them move over here, then MOST Ebayers will come over here to buy.

Like rabbits trapped in the headlights afraid to move.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

That's the part I don't understand. If it doesn't cost them anything to list here as well as Ebay, then why don't they do it?
    It only takes a little time to set up an account and if they're selling lots of items on Ebay, it should be easy for them to copy their auctions over to Ebid. They can hardly make LESS sales if they list here as well.

Default People do not follow.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyote View Post
    Well said that man! That's exactly what we all need to get into the heads of people who are still only listing on Ebay - if they list here as well, at lower prices, then their customers WILL come here. If enough of them move over here, then MOST Ebayers will come over here to buy.
    Unfortunately people do not follow. I have listed in ebid at lower prices than -bay but still don't get any sales. Much as I do not like -Bay's & PayPal's rates I would rather pay them and get sales than list for free and get no sales at all. The sad fact is I can get more sales on -Bay in a week (sometimes 100+) than I get on eBid in a year.

When people buy an item they want a trouble free transaction and usually want it as soon as possible. Before PayPal was introduced onto eBid I believe the only way to contact a buyer re payment was by sending them an invoice by email or they could pay through PPPay. PPPay would appear to be a complete no-no if the threads that appear on this forum are to be believed and the invoice by email option is a lot of messing about if you have a lot of orders to dispatch.

With regards to PayPal on eBid it would also seem that there are problems as described in several threads recently. I think that it would be safe to say that if a new buyer came to this site, bought something and then found that they had difficulty in paying by PayPal they would not buy again and would possibly go back to the site that they came from if they found the buying experience easier.

I am sorry if this all sounds a bit negative but there is no room for sentiment in business and at the end of the day you have to face facts and go were the money is.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is no PayPal problem, to get it working smoothly it just needed to have the sellers add it into their details on my login
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Default another ebay deserter

I have just set up my ebid shop in the last couple of days after finding ebay fees way too expensive, I've not got any sales yet but am still in the process of listing things in my shop. Having read the previous posts I'd like to hold my head up high and call myself an -bay deserter!!! Once things get going on here i'll be closing my -bay shop forever!!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I haven't had any problem with payments made via Paypal either. Its all gone very smoothly! Increased sales too, I suspect.

ugrow, sales may be fewer here but they are more profitable! Thats what interests me and it keeps my listing numbers growing (1600 by tomorrow with a bit of luck).

All aboard the anti-ebay express ,my first lot of auctions now upladed only another 1800 to go !

Can I ask a couple of questions, how many still buy from eBay before exhausting every other site, and how many are still listing there. All the time folk continue to offer the buyer the opportunity to buy on eBay with which they are familiar what is the incentive to go elsewhere. Now the ball is rolling is it not now the time to make the big switchover.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information