Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

Default Uproar on ebay

You may be aware that ebay have announced a massive increaae in fees with a reduction in visibility for shops. The chat boards are full of anger and many people are saying they will give ebid a try but are worried at the lack of buyers on the site. It has been suggested that everyone includes flyers with their ebay sales telling customers about ebid.
    If you have a budget for advertising, now is the time to capitalize on ebay's greed

Hi e+!!
    Nice to see you on eBid, Have a look at the ebay deserter threat on the kitchen table!

I have *no* budget, so I am making do with what I can- emails, flyers in with eBay sales, word of mouth, using the eBid URL as a sig on my emails, my eBay ME page, myspace and msn addy- If you can think of any other free or very cheap ways to advertise then let me know!!

The Soap Dragon xxx

View (am)'s Feedback (+196)
    All-About (am)
    View (am)'s Listings
    Forum Posts

NOW is the time for eBid to capitalise on feePay's latest cock-up with some much needed free media publicity at their expense, the worm is turning perhaps

Welcome to eBid everyone

Now is also the time for all the sellers coming from eBay to realise that they also need to show willing and BUY stuff too.

Other buyers are far more likely to trust new sellers if that seller has a few feedback already; especially those who list loads of high price items.

Would it be against ebay rules do you think to mention ebid in the feedback you leave??
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would indeed, uktycoon. It is also likely to cause a problem if you link to ebid from anywhere in ebay except.... your invoice and other buyer emails...
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

I promote Ebid in my e-mail signature, and last night I printed a load of small flyers which I put in with every item I sell on Ebay, telling customers that all my items are cheaper on Ebid, etc. If all us Ebidders keep doing this, we can reach hundreds of thousands of people within a matter of weeks!

mfkirke I thought it might - but you just never know, so ask just in case ;-)
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

Cool

Hi folks - I have been leaving messages in my Ebay Feedback to say I have 'gone to the other side'. It is probably highly against the rule so is changing the SIF so fast not even an Superman could keep up.
    I never infringed(knowingly)and ebay rule. But I have been emailing my hundreds of previous customers to tell them where Iam now.
    It took me along time to list 400 items as Iam disabled, it tokk 5 mins to end the shop.
    Better get back to emailing everyone.......
    Best wishes
    Teddysbook
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome, Teddy
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Thread Information