eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Converts

Default Ebid Converts

Hi.

I am quite new to the site but this is the only other online auction house i have visited that has the potential to rival Ebay. Its so much fairer and straight forward and from what I gather you can communicate with Human beings. I think at Ebay Maureen & Lee must be the same person as they compose identical e-mails all the time. This is Ebays attempt at a personal touch. Try and con us into believing tha we are dealing with a real person.

Please Please Please ADVERTISE. There is so much dissatisfaction with Ebay right now its the perfect time to rattle them but they wont be rattled if no one knows Ebid exists.

Would really like to here suggestions fronm all the Ebay converts out there.

MAny thanks for looking and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mark9930 View Post
    Hi.

I am quite new to the site but this is the only other online auction house i have visited that has the potential to rival Ebay. Its so much fairer and straight forward and from what I gather you can communicate with Human beings. I think at Ebay Maureen & Lee must be the same person as they compose identical e-mails all the time. This is Ebays attempt at a personal touch. Try and con us into believing tha we are dealing with a real person.

Please Please Please ADVERTISE. There is so much dissatisfaction with Ebay right now its the perfect time to rattle them but they wont be rattled if no one knows Ebid exists.

Would really like to here suggestions fronm all the Ebay converts out there.

MAny thanks for looking and good luck
    Hi & welcome, yes this is the place to be if you want to communicate with a real person when you come across a problem or question, not only from forum members but from eBid support too.
    As to people not knowing the site is here, there are new members coming daily so the word is certainly getting out.
    I hope you enjoy your time here buying & selling.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Hi and welcome

You could do as I do - every time I make a sale over there I send my buyer a thank you email with a link to my ebid store ;-)
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

Hi, and welcome to eBid. I still use ebay to sell expensive stuff. As I find that ebid seems to have more sellers than buyers. eBid buyers dont like to buy anything for more than a couple of quid.
    So I will stick with ebay and ebid for now, untill ebid gets better known.
    I dont like the ebay fees, and I try to list expensive stuff on here, but know one seems to want to know, so I end up selling it on ebay. So ebid members do get the benifit of the buddy points I could give them.
    I wish I could just dump ebay altogether, but thats not going to happen until eBid gets a lot bigger.
    I always give ebids link to all the people I deal with on eBay. I do love this site, but its got a way to go yet.

We're going to get a whole load more converts over the next few weeks:

Changes to Shops Listings (SIF) Visibility
    It's vitally important - to your business and ours - that we maintain a healthy balance between listing formats on the eBay marketplace. From 2nd August 2006 we will be reducing the visibility of Shops Listings (also known as Shops Inventory Format Listings or SIF) in the main search results on eBay.co.uk. As it stands at the moment, Shops Listings are displayed at the end of all Search and Browse results. After the change, Shops Listings will still be displayed in the main search results but only when the main site has returned a small number of relevant items.
    Fee Changes
    From 22nd August 2006, we're also making some changes to Shop Inventory Fees, Featured Plus! Fees and fees related to the Mobile Phones with Contracts category.

Please read our Information Page for further information on these changes.

Thank you for your Business

We recognise that these changes will impact many of you and will mean that you'll need to make adjustments to ensure that you can take advantage of these new circumstances. The changes we have announced today have not been entered into lightly; we have taken time and effort to ensure that we are making the right decisions to ensure the long term health and vibrancy of the eBay marketplace. We believe that these changes are vital to ensure that the thousands of sellers who rely on eBay for a living or a significant second income can continue to prosper.

We know that as a seller you have a choice of outlets through which to sell your products. We appreciate that you choose eBay.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/sell/importantinfo/
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

How can increasing fees and reducing the visibility of shop listings ensure Ebay businesses continue to prosper. Do they actually think that people believe this twaddle. Without the compertition they can pretty much charge what they want. Bit like a well known software company.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Wow, reverse dibe must be amazed at all this. Let's hope they see what is causing their influx of members/increased listings and learn from ebay's mistakes.
    The door is open.............advertise the fact.

I am new to EBid as well. Looking forward to it and happy to have left FeeBay.

I agree, please advertise it - I hadn't heard of it before. I have emailed a bunch of my friends, hopefully everyone is doing the same.

Cheers

BusterBargain

Default Also new here

Just registered like a number of others deserting Feebay.

Thread Information