My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Selling Games on Ebid!!

Question Selling Games on Ebid!!

I want to sell a load of ps2 games individually (about 30) at a starting price of say 99p, but I'm worried because there aren't a lot of other buyers around I'll get only one or two bids. They are quite new and would probably cost around 20 - £30 from a retailer. So what I want to know is, would it be safe selling these games with a low starting bid, or should I, like a lot of other games/DVD sellers, list the auctions at a higher price?

Quote Originally Posted by hangman456
    I want to sell a load of ps2 games individually (about 30) at a starting price of say 99p, but I'm worried because there aren't a lot of other buyers around I'll get only one or two bids. They are quite new and would probably cost around 20 - £30 from a retailer. So what I want to know is, would it be safe selling these games with a low starting bid, or should I, like a lot of other games/DVD sellers, list the auctions at a higher price?
    It might be best to start them at the price you're hoping to get for them, on the 'other side' bids start at 99p to save on listing fees but as there are none here, you don't need to take the chance of only getting 99p for something that you don't want to sell at that price. Good luck.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Probably a bit late now, but thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hangman456 View Post
    Probably a bit late now, but thanks for your advice, much appreciated.
    You're welcome, good luck.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I've been trying to sell a number of my old PS2 games on here for a while, starting them at what I believe to be a reasonable price... so far I've sold none!

As you say, I certainly wouldn't start them at 99p, as they're quite likely to sell for that... and while it's great for the buyer, it makes it a waste of time as a seller. I've even tried selling bundles of games, and still no luck.

The same games have also been listed on eBay, and didn't sell there either. I think the reason for me personally not being able to shift them, is that the games have been around for a while, and were also very popular... so chances are that those who would normally have purchased them, already have them.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoimia View Post
    I've been trying to sell a number of my old PS2 games on here for a while, starting them at what I believe to be a reasonable price... so far I've sold none!

As you say, I certainly wouldn't start them at 99p, as they're quite likely to sell for that... and while it's great for the buyer, it makes it a waste of time as a seller. I've even tried selling bundles of games, and still no luck.

The same games have also been listed on eBay, and didn't sell there either. I think the reason for me personally not being able to shift them, is that the games have been around for a while, and were also very popular... so chances are that those who would normally have purchased them, already have them.
    Very true, I tend to get a great deal of views but know bids, but I have noticed as more people are signing up I can sometimes, (although rarely) get a sale at a price that I want which has been an improvement over say, a few months ago. So I'm going to be patient and just keep listing as many games as possible and things should get better as more choice becomes available.
    Last edited by hangman456; 13th August 2006 at 10:20 AM.

Forum Newbie
    View GameZone's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes on ebay you would sell your games if you start them at 99p but if you brought to sell on, you very unlikely going to make your money on them due to amount sellers already on ebay that are trying to uncut everyone else. Ebid is on the flip side of the coin, not many buyers or sellers so cant really start at 99p as you more then likely end up selling it for 99p, big loose. Still setting it at a much higher means at lest you will get back what you have paid for it, does mean you wont many sells but at lest you can get to relist it for free up to 10 times and NOT have to pay to relist like like ebay

Forum Newbie
    View GameZone's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default To prove a point

I could have just sold a pokemon DS game for £5.50 if I had not set a reserve on it.

So yes you could sell a AA title on ebid but dont expect to get high price for it,

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gamezone there are plenty of buyers & sellers just depends on what youre selling and does the buyer want it, easily resolved if youre still on greedbay inform the buyer that you are also on this auction site and favour it over greeedbay send a note with the item they have purchased. Greedbay cannot penalise you for this & the buyer cannot complain either as once item is sold the auction is out of greedbays hands.

Thread Information