Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 168 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: bIG bROTHER 7

Quote Originally Posted by betsyboo
    What's black got to do with it, we are talking about gays!
    I know alot of gay people and they don't act like shabbaz!
    I think all pete was trying to say is that he does'nt like it when gays touch people and try to convert straight guys, like shabbaz does to the poor life guard (can't remember his name now)
    i think what pete actualy said is they should be put out of their misery. IF he had only said what Glyn said then i for one, would not have taken any issue with his comments.

HOWEVER, that said , this is a free country ( allegidly ) and as such, like it or not we should be able to say what we want. If anyone has a real problem with things on this forum, thats what the report button is for, then its up to G&M as site owners , to decide if its allowable or not.

However, i dont really like Button Pressers much , but if it will sort the probs out then maybe the only way to solve a problem some times.

The day we are not allowed to say what we think is a sad time. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lightbulbs
    and PETESMOVIESFORTRAILERTRASH is behaving in the same way but the difference is no one here thinks that all straight people are like that cos WE ARENT THAT STUPID LIKE him
    Run along and finish your colouring book, maybe you will get a gold star and a lollipop

read back in the thread and then you'll know what he really said. if you dont know what you're talking about why even bother adding to the matter?
    sorry i forgot this was a whole trailer trash site - you're all the same here aint ya. forget it i'll save me breath - you'll get your rwards in hell.
    So you dont like people who make racial / gay comments that are unflattering but its ok to run off about people who live in trailers.
    I have also known lost of people who live in caravans , some through choice, others as they had no where else to go. So , imo what you are saying is as offensive to another group of people.

Point being : Someone is always going to be offended some where by what we say.

free speech means having the right to say what you like but it also empowers others to be able to disagree with that point of view and to try and change opinions if what is said appears unacceptable.

sometime you can change minds and others (like in this instance) you cant but sitting back and hoping it will go away is no kind of solution.

it didnt work in nazi germany (and make no mistake, Hitler thought the same way as peter)
    I don't agree with Pete on this one - there are perverts and sex pests of both sexes and all persuasions; I wouldn't single out one group - but as long as he doesn't go about gay bashing, he's entitled to his opinion, as are you.

Who was it who said 'I don't agree with what you say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it'?

you wouldnt be saying that if you were black - if you dont feel the need to sand up for injustice thats up to you but personally i ALWAYS do
    Did you say that because I added "That's figuratively speaking; nothing to do with his skin" to the end of my post?

I added it so that no passing racist could casually make a joke of my saying that he (Shabaz) adds a bit of colour to BB.

Did you think it was me making a joke? Not the case, hun.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethecat
    I don't agree with Pete on this one - there are perverts and sex pests of both sexes and all persuasions; I wouldn't single out one group - but as long as he doesn't go about gay bashing, he's entitled to his opinion, as are you.

Who was it who said 'I don't agree with what you say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it'?
    It was me, i said it, oh ok so Voltaire said it first, lol.
    I disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

and it is my right to disagree with him
    Yes. I did actually state that in my post. You're preaching to the converted.

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54
    It was me, i said it, oh ok so Voltaire said it first, lol.
    I disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it.
    lol Ann. We can always rely on you to lighten the mood.

Lightbulbs, although I like Pete, I repeat, I disagree with him on this. I'm just not as vocal about the issue as he is. Now, talk to me about animal welfare and I'll kick up a storm. Different people feel strongly about different things. As far as I'm concerned, most people can look after themselves (including gays) so I'm not gonna get my knickers in a twist about passive homophobics.

Naturally, I'd come to the defense of my gay friends if they were attacked (physically of verbally) just for being gay. If I were to ever introduce them to someone who shares Pete's views, I would expect everyone to bite their tongue and behave.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethecat
    Lightbulbs, although I like Pete, I repeat, I disagree with him on this. I'm just not as vocal about the issue as he is. Now, talk to me about animal welfare and I'll kick up a storm. Different people feel strongly about different things. As far as I'm concerned, most people can look after themselves (including gays) so I'm not gonna get my knickers in a twist about passive homophobics.

Naturally, I'd come to the defense of my gay friends if they were attacked (physically of verbally) just for being gay. If I were to ever introduce them to someone who shares Pete's views, I would expect everyone to bite their tongue and behave.
    Thats my problem, i have never been one to hold back. I always speak whats on my mind. I did actually apologise for what i had said though, i was in a bad mood at the time and although it is my opinion i shouldnt have expressed it the way i did

Thread Information