My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Needing Some Advice For My 18 Year Old Looking For Work

I will tell her to tell them that croydon needs checking.
    She is in a meeting with the management of the whole of connexions soon and is asked to give them feedback ... ill end up with a little list of areas she is to report as NOT meeting public needs.

croydon added to the list

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes
    I will tell her to tell them that croydon needs checking.
    She is in a meeting with the management of the whole of connexions soon and is asked to give them feedback ... ill end up with a little list of areas she is to report as NOT meeting public needs.

croydon added to the list

pmsl ... ty hun ... next one wont need it till next year ... if I'm lucky
    Tart with a Heart

By then lets hope they are sorted.

Cus , seriously, its no wonder so many kids are BORED out their brains, when they want to WORK there is nothing for them.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did he not have any joy with connexions then sofia ?

They have said to my daughter that she and another girl will be taken on OFFICIALY now as part time staff, as they do sooooo much for them. Up till now, they have been paying them in vouchers, But have said they are going to pay cash once they are properly apointed.

The manager of the midlands group is Lizzie, she is a christian and though your son is not in the borough as i said before, they should point you in the right direction for some structured help.

Post 16 > getting a job info.

http://www.connexions-direct.com/ind...eContentID=415

Jobs 4 u ( connexions career database )
    http://www.connexions-direct.com/job...TOKEN=61387774

They offer help and advice till the age of 19 and up to 25 for special needs peeps.

AREA MAP :
    http://www.connexions-direct.com/ind...=localServices

Best of luck to him xx
    Thank you, he's been put off with connexions to be honest. I've advised him to give them another try and not to go to the person he spoke to in the first place but he wouldn't do it. Thanks anyway.

sof

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

By then lets hope they are sorted.

Cus , seriously, its no wonder so many kids are BORED out their brains, when they want to WORK there is nothing for them.

you're right; it's a little annoying on another point... the princes trust seems to be a great thing for young people and some of the received great stuff like laptops, grants to help them through college/university and emotional support as well. my son applied for a laptop as he was doing excellent in college {got a few music awards the past couple of years} and his attendance is 100%; even if he's sick, except for one day last year, he goes in to college... he ws turned down because he wasn't a felon and he wasn't failing his grades; there's not much out there for rewarding kids who stay out of trouble and doing great in school - bless him. With his grandparents, his stepfather and myself, we've been keeping him encouraged and telling him not to give up; he said he won't... it's just making him more stronger and more determined to keep going; he's a fighter!

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop
    Would he be interested in retail?
    Many stores sell menswear and are happy to have guys if they are good with customers.
    Usually no experience necessary it's all on the job training, but customer service is the priority.

I'm a retail area manager and may be able to help if interested.
    Hi there! Yes, he's willing to even clean.. he's not too proud;

thanks for that, he is interested in retail as well. Any advice would be helpful, please.... thank you for offering him support

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deeze792
    www.pgl.co.uk my 18 year old son has just started working with them... only been there 2 days but having a ball

They have centres all over uk and some in france and spain..it'll mean him moving out ... but hey they cant have everything
    too true, they can't have everything thank you for that I passed the info to my son. I appreciate it.

Sofia

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

thank you plasticasprin

View pupsandpets's Feedback (+829)
    All-About pupsandpets
    View pupsandpets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    Hi there! Yes, he's willing to even clean.. he's not too proud;

thanks for that, he is interested in retail as well. Any advice would be helpful, please.... thank you for offering him support
    Hi
    In general he could send his CV to companies he may like to work for, otherwise there are loads of retail recruitment companies... they will do telephone interviews and then advise what companies/positions they are representing. They usually do a CV on your behalf to send to clients as well.
    The best website are:

www.inretail.co.uk
    www.retailcareers.co.uk
    www.rmcrecruitment.co.uk

If you are near any outlet shopping centres they usually have retail job boards that represent all stores in the centre and are great as you can go straight to the company.

Anyow, I look after Designer Room for the UK North - Yorkshire up to Scotland. Not sure where you are but if you are anywhere in my area I can let you know my nearest store and see what's available. We sell Mens & womens but do brans like Ralph Lauren, Diesel, Bench, French Connection etc.
    Send me a PM if that's any use to you.

Regards, Tori

Thread Information