Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light Bulbs Fusing????

Quote Originally Posted by chiquita
    I wouldn't worry about that....only nice ones leave messages on your PC. NASTY ONES TRASH YOUR PC INSTEAD!!
    Oh of course, i should have thought of that lol.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Only joking!! At least, I don't think they would do that!!
    Mess with your lighting, move things about, yes.
    Now I've said that, they'll do my PC for me!!!

Only joking!! At least, I don't think they would do that!!
    Mess with your lighting, move things about, yes.
    Now I've said that, they'll do my PC for me!!!
    Lol, no i'm sure you'd only have the nice ones.

lol, I certainly hope they are nice!
    I understand that the 'not very nice' ones are attracted to people who are weak, ill, deeply depressed, etc. My mum was diagnosed with schizophrenia years ago, and used to complain about dark 'people' standing in her room. I believe that these spirits 'feed' off the dark aura surrounding these people, it seems to attract them. Doesn't sound nice, does it!

lol, I certainly hope they are nice!
    I understand that the 'not very nice' ones are attracted to people who are weak, ill, deeply depressed, etc. My mum was diagnosed with schizophrenia years ago, and used to complain about dark 'people' standing in her room. I believe that these spirits 'feed' off the dark aura surrounding these people, it seems to attract them. Doesn't sound nice, does it!
    Hi,

No that doesn't sound very nice at all, i've never heard that before but it would explain why some people see them & others don't.

It must have been awful to learn that your mum was going through such a bad time, i guess something like that affects the whole family. Wishing you & yours all the best.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My mum sadly passed away five years ago, but she had received treatment for her condition by then, so was content.
    Apparently, its quite common for spirits to 'feed' from our emotions, if they are strong enough. (Our emotions) Like a spirit who was a drinker in real life, can hang around a living drinker to absorb their boozy aura.
    Makes you wonder about all those bad killers who claim that they were 'told' to do things. Not saying thats always the case, as its a good excuse. But it may have happened a few times.

When was the last time that anyone walked into a lovely, warm, bright and airy room, and said "Oooh, this place feels haunted"? Probably never. Most people tend to feel that colder, damp, dark and/or enclosed spaces are haunted. It is exactly these environments where lightbulbs and other electrical equipment will fuse, fail or misbehave.

Most people are unaware of how much the environment effects electrical equipment. Temperature and moisture level changes can seriously compromise all sort of equipment - and I'm not talking about rivers of water running down the walls either. Each autumn and winter electrical repair shops do more business than in the drier, warmer spring and summer months.

Another thing which causes lightbulbs to fail more quickly is buying cheap bulbs in the first place. As with most electrical kit, you get what you pay for.

If, however, you still have problems, even after buying quality bulbs, you may want to get a qualified electrical chappie to check over your property. In many cases the blowing of bulbs or fuses are the early signs of a larger electrical problem.

You are quite correct in saying that damp, cold conditions can effect electrical fitments, plus other things. In most cases there is usually a very valid reason for electrical problems. In my case however, my house was rewired only two years ago, it isn't damp, and I won't use cheap bulbs.
    I've had odd lighting problems for many years now, sometimes they will flicker on and off for half an hour or so. The odd few bulbs have exploded, but most of it IS caused by spiritual activity. This I know as we have seen them!! Its a way of getting our attention, among others.
    Incidentally, the same things happened at our old house as well. Sometimes its a pain, but we are used to it.

Thread Information