Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do we really need the type of robbing sellers on ebid?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Am I bovvered

3 17.65%
  • should this be sorted out by ebid or left to the buyer to notice?

9 52.94%
  • Is it "FAIR ON ebidders" all around

5 29.41%
  • Should there be a name and shame facility controlled by ebid admin?

7 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Changes, SHAME ABOUT THE SHARKS.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wotshop View Post
    Sellers that list for next to nothing and make up the cost by overcharging postage are ripping off the auction site and other sellers by avoiding final value fees and getting better positions in the listings, the buyer ends up paying the same.
    I totally agree. Even though the fees here are much lower here (for gallery auctions) there are still fees, and I think it's very wrong of people to try to pay less fees when they are already so reasonable! Personally whenever I pay fees here (which is very rare anyway) I am glad to do it, because I know it's going towards the site as a whole, not to some faceless company which doesn't give a toss about its customers.
    Postage fees should be 'transparent' so buyers don't have to even worry about checking them. People who are obviously overcharging (or claiming to be in one country while actually shipping from another, hence the high postage costs) should expect to have their auctions reported.

Nobody objects to paying a reasonable amount more than the actual cost of stamps, as we all know jiffy bags, bubble wrap, etc. cost money, it's when it becomes obvious that the seller is also making a good profit from overcharging on postage, that people start to object. Like I said before, they keep having to add up two numbers every time they look at an auction, and they shouldn't have to do that.

Its ripping ebay apart at the moment tho they wont admit it.

Most of this type of listing over there is by chinese sellers, pretending to be british based, who pay almost no fees and break all the sites other rules, and are swamping all the categories.
    Too true, that's why so many Ebayers are coming over here.

No one can find what they want apparently so Ebid please try and stay on top of it
    I think Ebid will keep on top of it, after all, we actually have a 'Report Auction' button over here! Feepay are still 'working' on theirs... I guess HTML programmers aren't cheap these days, what with their millions of pounds of profit every year, the poor dears can't afford to get one...

The Report Auction button was a really welcome surprise - on the other side sellers had been asking for one for yonks. At one point some sellers (not me) were taking time out of their day just to send in reports about the excesive postage sellers to make a point and it was such a laborious task. Would you believe that eBay actually wrote to one of them asking him not to report any more sellers because they did not have the staff to deal with the reports! Unbelieveable - but true!
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Feebays new charges and the new default for the way listings will be shown (lowest priced first) has just opened the gates for even more fee avoidance .. you're going to find a lot of 1p items with £20+ postage just to get items on the top of the list ... and many won't be doing it to avoid the fees, but merely to get their listings seen.
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

Feepay seem to be trying to do everything they can to destroy their own business...

I wonder what the meetings are like when these geniuses come up with these decisions? Mr.Angry (the boss) no doubt sits there and says "I think we should do X and Y" (X and Y are two things that will destroy Feepay) - the rest of the minions are too terrified to disagree because Mr.Angry has shouted them down in the past.

They really are unbelievable. Putting 1p listings at the top of search results as the default? Way to to, Greedbay...

Exclamation Dont understand pppay

I am in the process of crossing over from ebay but not to sure about pppay, as doesnt everything have to be sent recorded delivery, so the money can be transferred between accounts when it is signed for by the buyer.
    I have always used Paypal not because i like them, but because it was so much easier.
    I do think this is a good site and very fair, but still a few problems need ironing out, but this will come through time, I have been watching the discussion boards and hope they are not going to end up like the other side, newbie's getting abuse when asking a simple question?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer60 View Post
    I am in the process of crossing over from ebay but not to sure about pppay, as doesnt everything have to be sent recorded delivery, so the money can be transferred between accounts when it is signed for by the buyer.
    I have always used Paypal not because i like them, but because it was so much easier.
    I do think this is a good site and very fair, but still a few problems need ironing out, but this will come through time, I have been watching the discussion boards and hope they are not going to end up like the other side, newbie's getting abuse when asking a simple question?
    Hi, welcome.
    I've never seen any newbie here getting abuse for asking questions, most of us are happy to help. If any of the abusive ones come over from the other side, just ignore them.
    You can use paypal here, or any other method you choose, it's entirely your choice how you wish to be paid, you can even have payments paid straight into your bank account.
    I think you're right about pppay but i don't use them.
    I hope you enjoy your time here.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Smile Thank you Anichka54

I'm hoping sales will improve here and i will not be going back to the other side, but there is no way to list Paypal in your listings, but I suppose I will eventually find a way around this.
    People do seem to be a lot more friendly on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer60 View Post
    I'm hoping sales will improve here and i will not be going back to the other side, but there is no way to list Paypal in your listings, but I suppose I will eventually find a way around this.
    People do seem to be a lot more friendly on this site.
    Hi, you're welcome, as far as i know, from reading other posts, there is now a check box to add paypal to your payment choices, i've been very lax lately & haven't added any new items for a while, so i can only go by what i've read here.
    You could set up a default page & add the info in there, this could then be used for future listings ie, 'i also accept paypal' or you could add a notice which would show up on all listings including any which are already active. For both of those options go to your 'my ebid login' the menu will be on the left of the page.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

[quote=dreamer60;379393]I am in the process of crossing over from ebay but not to sure about pppay, as doesnt everything have to be sent recorded delivery, so the money can be transferred between accounts when it is signed for by the buyer.
    quote]

perhaps I am wrong, but you only have to use recorded delivery if you use PPPay Escrow.

I have a pppay account and have both received and sent money from it...no restrictions and just the same as Paypal in that respect. Difference is that I pay to send money and not to receive it ( I think) unlike Paypal where you pay to get it.

I guess someone will say if I've got that wrong.

Hi stitch, I dont know a lot about pppay either but i think you have to pay to send if you use a card and i think the receiver has to pay a bit as well but if you use account balance niether has to pay of Llandudno

Thread Information