Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do we really need the type of robbing sellers on ebid?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Am I bovvered

3 17.65%
  • should this be sorted out by ebid or left to the buyer to notice?

9 52.94%
  • Is it "FAIR ON ebidders" all around

5 29.41%
  • Should there be a name and shame facility controlled by ebid admin?

7 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Changes, SHAME ABOUT THE SHARKS.

Ladylaurac, I think in your case you shouldn't have used the front page auctions.
    I think a lot of people here are against high postage prices because it's reminiscent of what we see on Feepay, especially from Chinese sellers, and people coming here to get away from that don't want to see it here too.

I think HH and 60mins auctions should be got rid of - they aren't making the site look good.

To those who think it's up to buyers to check postage costs - if some people carry on overcharging on postage (for whatever reason) it just means it's harder for all the buyers here to compare prices, as they constantly have to add up two prices. I think it should be up to Ebid to stop people who overcharge on postage. If this was done on Feepay, none of the Chinese sellers who claim to be in the U.K. but who charge £9.99 to send a £0.01 item, would be able to get away with it. Buyers should be able to trust that postage costs will be fair on all the items on here, so they can just look at the price of the product itself.

That's the way I feel as a buyer, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by suddenend View Post
    The only reason people gripe about inflated postage charges is because they themselves can't be bothered to read the details of an auction.
    Not necessarily true. Maybe most people simply don't want to have to check TWO figures every time they look at an item?

Personally I don't inflate postage, but it is a common practice that is used to attract the unwary and tight fisted into making a bid on something they aren't willing to pay a decent price for.
    So people who are looking for a good price are "tight fisted" and won't pay a "decent price"?
    Methinks customer care may be a little lacking here...

If buyers got it into their heads that it is not the function of an auction venue to monitor the charges of it's sellers and that they themselves are soley responsible for ensuring they don't pay more than they think is fair, the sooner the pirates and chancers will disappear.

A con trick is only effective when there is a mug willing to be duped.
    So you think it's acceptable for people to have to constantly be on the look out for con tricks, rather than for us to report them and for Ebid to do something about it?

I see zero feedback sellers on here every day selling high value items, and when you put up a question asking if you can collect the item, or if they accept PPPay.com escrow, they say no to both questions. Should we just allow innocent newcomers to get ripped off, and never come back to Ebid?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Yes, I agree, but it would save buyers a lot of time (and encourage some sellers to sharpen up their act) if you didn't have to pull up the LISTING in order to check the postage.

Why isn't the postage displayed along with the latest bid and BIN price in the search results and the category browse?

John
    I totally agree. The postage should also be right next to the auction price and BIN on the main auction page too, instead of in a separate box to the right. (It can be there as well, but I think the postage for your country should be right next to the auction and BIN price).

Quote Originally Posted by satsumamoon View Post
    The only problems I see, are that their listing appears first on the search by price- this isnt fair to the ebid community.
    Also in some cases the postage might not get refunded if you're not happy with the item.
    I think its ok if people charge a bit for packing the items, but those silly £1 item and £200 postage listings are just not on.
    I vote with my feet and don't buy them- but it would be fairer if they were not allowed to list like that-
    Unless they offer free pickup!
    That's a very relevant point - if a seller sells an item for £1.00 plus £50.00 postage, what if they refuse to refund you the 'postage' cost if the item is faulty?

Inflated postage costs will just make this place look like Feepay, and we don't want that!

Hi,

Aa an eBay refugee I can't believe what I am reading in some of these replies.

I totally agree with donkeyote (great name BTW). One of the things that ruined eBay was low starting prices and excessive postage charges. Not only is it sharp practice but it is fee avoidance too. You have no excuse here on eBid for doing this because you can set any reserve price here on eBid - unlike on eBay where the minimum is £50.
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Quote Originally Posted by satsumamoon View Post
    would someone be nice and help with my sigi coding please!
    A private message would be much appreciated as I dont know how to watch the discussions.
    Just sent you a private message Satsuma. See if it works.

Great news, within the next few days p&p will be shown.
    New post from Gazza.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Forum Lurker
    View MrsMuffy's Feedback (+199)
    All-About MrsMuffy
    View MrsMuffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please can you alter the wording on your poll. You are asking questions that need one of two answers and you don't state whether we are voting yes or no so it is a pontless vote.
    On the question of high postage and zero feedback. We all have to start somewhere and I have got high feedback in the other sites. I always charge the least postage that I can but I do add a few coppers for packaging not much but just enough tp cover bubble wrap, sellotape, labels,paper and ink cartridges etc. These do add up over time so my postage stamp will always be a little less that the postage I charge. But now that I have no listing fees I am going to absorb the higher postal charges from Royal mail so my postage will be cheaper here than at the other site. i will also be plugging ebid over there in my listings so Hopefully we should be bringing new people to this site.
    Do you need some wicks for your oil lamp or paraffin heater? then Why not visit my Ebid store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Mouse-Trap

If you are not a member of Ebid,and wish to join please press this linkhttp://uk.ebid.net/buddy/265598

Default post charges / rip offs

Sellers that list for next to nothing and make up the cost by overcharging postage are ripping off the auction site and other sellers by avoiding final value fees and getting better positions in the listings, the buyer ends up paying the same.

Its ripping ebay apart at the moment tho they wont admit it.

Most of this type of listing over there is by chinese sellers, pretending to be british based, who pay almost no fees and break all the sites other rules, and are swamping all the categories.

No one can find what they want apparently so Ebid please try and stay on top of it

Thread Information