eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition Humor Art What Am I Doing Wrong?

Thumbs up Limited Edition Humor Art What Am I Doing Wrong?

I am giving my artwork a shot here. I've decided, since,
    fees are so low here, I am selling them at 1/4 of what I
    did at the larger auction sites. Free shipping worldwide.
    Getting a lot of visitors but no bites yet. Please bite. lol.
    Also ebid has not imported my feedback from other sites
    (3 of them) all 97-100%. How long does that take? The
    work is very very different (of course every creator says
    that), but it really is. Not sure what is happening here.
    But just started so probably I need to be patient.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What Am I Doing Wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by uniquelimitededitions
    I am giving my artwork a shot here. I've decided, since,
    fees are so low here, I am selling them at 1/4 of what I
    did at the larger auction sites. Free shipping worldwide.
    Getting a lot of visitors but no bites yet. Please bite. lol.
    Also ebid has not imported my feedback from other sites
    (3 of them) all 97-100%. How long does that take? The
    work is very very different (of course every creator says
    that), but it really is. Not sure what is happening here.
    But just started so probably I need to be patient.
    LOL Nothing wrong, just chasing you all round the boards trying to answer your questions.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....597#post337597
    Good luck, hope you get some sales soon.

Whilst the artwork is desirable, the auction descriptions are not.

To me, you have far too much text, all bunched up together. It is very difficult to see the important information which is specifically relevant to the auction.

I suggest that you create a webpage which contains all the details about the company, the artist/s, the number of editions etc etc etc and put a link into the auction page. If people want to know all that stuff they'll go and look. If people don't want to know it then they no longer have to plow thru it all.

You might also like to try different font sizes and different text colors.

Hope this helps.

Thumbs up Thanks Damian and others

Turns out you guys were right on the mark. Plus the fact
    that I finally found some screenshot software as to import
    my other feedback from 3 other auction sites. So all looks
    good and bids are coming in. Did extreme editing on
    the descriptions and left all the long drawn out details for my all about me page. I think you are right, that works a lot better. Thanks for all the support. uniquelmitededitions

Starting to get some bids now. This is good. It was not only the lengthy text, it seems, but since fees are so low, I am expected
    to act accordingly, which now I am. I have slashed the prices in half of what i sell them at other sites, PLUS even at other sites they are listed at 1/5 the actual market rate. So this should be the excellent venue to sell them for those who realliy enjoy investment limited edition art, especially of the humorous nature and fun to own as well as value increase each day. Am I dreaming or is all I'm learning at the University correct. They tell me it is win-win here when purchases made and I believe it. I have to sell MORE here to make a profit, but that's ok. If someone is laughing, I have succeeded.

http://us.four.ebid.net/stores/Unique-Limited-Editions

Default Funny answer but...

Myhrra, As I wrote you I had a major heart attack. That is not a head cold. To add insult to injury, I had yet another one. However, 2 days out of the hospital, the second time, I mailed your prints (could barely move). So if you still think your answer is funny, well, we all have our own types of sense of humor, it is not. I think it is simple to look at my feedback and see that everyrone else has received their orders. I am VERY sorry yours came up during my illness. I have made it right. You will receive it by the end of this week at latest. Please undestand this was not done intentionally; i did not WILL myself to become very ill. It does happen. It has happened to me on the receiving end. If the person really wanted to scam me (and a few have) they certainly wouldn't reply on a forum, and furthermore send your order as promised. Thanks, ULE

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uniquelimitededitions
    Myhrra, As I wrote you I had a major heart attack. That is not a head cold. To add insult to injury, I had yet another one. However, 2 days out of the hospital, the second time, I mailed your prints (could barely move). So if you still think your answer is funny, well, we all have our own types of sense of humor, it is not. I think it is simple to look at my feedback and see that everyrone else has received their orders. I am VERY sorry yours came up during my illness. I have made it right. You will receive it by the end of this week at latest. Please undestand this was not done intentionally; i did not WILL myself to become very ill. It does happen. It has happened to me on the receiving end. If the person really wanted to scam me (and a few have) they certainly wouldn't reply on a forum, and furthermore send your order as promised. Thanks, ULE
    ULE

My comments may have seemed a bit callous and I am sorry if you are offended and for news of your second heart attack.

I purchased/paid for the items 2nd april and heard nothing from you, until I chased it up.

you contacted me near the end of april saying it was being sent out the following week and that it had been delayed up to then because of your health.

Because of your health I let the matter run on until now -
    over a month since you got back to me and I still had not received the item or heard anymore from you

what was i meant to think?

all your feedback is imported from other sites dated before I even bought anything from you.

so... looking at your feedback tells me nothing, believe me I have looked.

your ebay history isnt looking too good at present either, so, yes i did do some research and would not have taken the actions i have or been so public - if it looked like i was going to get anywhere with you by any other means.

i am the last person who would want to cause another stress or ill health and really am sorry that you are suffering in this way

i hope you make a speedy recovery and I will contact you once the items have been received.

Minkyrra
    Last edited by minkyrra; 5th June 2006 at 08:10 PM.

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have sent you a private message, which is perhaps a more appropriate place for us to discuss this matter

Dear Minkyrra, I surely accept your apology and surely I owe you one too. Please excuse me for overreatcing. It has been an overwhelming two months as you can imagine. I didn't even look at a computer (I couldn't hold my head up), and that is for real.
    The minute I could, I started back on your order. I guess that is one of the downsides of Internet shopping. There really is no way to know what is really going on on the other side (if something goes wrong). I have made it right. Of course it is going overseas so keep in mind occasionally (especially post 9/11 customs can hold it a few days, etc etc. But usually my overseas shipments are expedited right through. So should expect it late this week or early next week. If not, please do not hesitate to contact me. Hope you enjoy. Sincerely,
    uniquelimitededitions!

Thread Information