eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid v3 Snag List

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lois1aney
    Just tried to updat my store again and the update details button is not doing anything (no reference to it leading to another page)
    Tried another button on the same page (the review frontpage status button) and this did not work & came up with this
    We acknowledge a small problem with creating new stores, we will get this fixed shortly. Thanks for the input.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    A log row is made to the AAL stating a reminder has been sent

We envisage users entering details such as "User not paid after 14 days" or similar into the "Mark as Paid" entry

If you enter a comment about the payment/non payment then it can be viewed by both parties to stop futher questioning.

As above, leaving a non-empty entry will allow for less confusion for both parties.

3 payment reminders are currently required and a "Mark as Paid" entry before a NPB can be reported.

Input as to how we can perfect the AAL is appreciated, we will listen to everyone's comments and act when we feel an agreement on to the specifics of each part is reached.. This is a beta version and changes are inevitable
    Thanks for responding Gazza. As a succesful EBID seller i have worked hard to streamline my processes- my time is valuable.
    I am happy to click a button to acknowledge someones payment has been received - I would also be happy selecting a date form a drop down list. however i cannot understand what is expected to go in the 'description' box- nor why it should be compulsary.
    By all means leave the description boxes for those sellers who perhaps do not already keep full records, however please do not make it compulsary.

Mark as dispatched box. Great idea- but again why should i need to enter a 'description' every time. What the buyer wants to know is 'when' an item was dispatched- give us a drop down menu with dates instead of asking us to write a story.

reminder sent box. Again I do not see what information could be entered into a description box here? the key thing is the date the reminder is sent.

To sum up. Add automatic dating (or drop down select dating) to the boxes- and take away any compulsary requirement to fill in a 'details' area.

Thanks

Oh Dear
    Hope you didn;t expect to get any sleep this weekend !

Thanks for the reply, will give it a go in a while

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    Thanks for responding Gazza. As a succesful EBID seller i have worked hard to streamline my processes- my time is valuable.
    I am happy to click a button to acknowledge someones payment has been received - I would also be happy selecting a date form a drop down list. however i cannot understand what is expected to go in the 'description' box- nor why it should be compulsary.
    By all means leave the description boxes for those sellers who perhaps do not already keep full records, however please do not make it compulsary.

Mark as dispatched box. Great idea- but again why should i need to enter a 'description' every time. What the buyer wants to know is 'when' an item was dispatched- give us a drop down menu with dates instead of asking us to write a story.

reminder sent box. Again I do not see what information could be entered into a description box here? the key thing is the date the reminder is sent.

To sum up. Add automatic dating (or drop down select dating) to the boxes- and take away any compulsary requirement to fill in a 'details' area.

Thanks

I agree with all this. I want to click a button or link to mark paid/sent/whatever, I don't want to HAVE to enter details. It's nice to have the option, but keep it just that: OPTIONAL.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcraft
    In My eBid, in the Buddy Points section, where it sets out the BP awards, it says:

Referring a Buddy span

What does "span" mean?
    Sorry! Fixed.
    eBid.net

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx

Thanks
    Thanks for the input, we want to make this as useful and smooth a system as possible, we'll envisage quite a few changes before we are happy with it.

Gazza
    eBid.net

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    Sorry! Fixed.
    Ta I didn't know if it meant something

You didn't fix the errors in the "eBid is Different" section on the front page though

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

For the most part I am liking the update very well and I really like the design of the listing page.

These few things I have noticed.

ON THE HOME PAGE -------

The Happy Hour Auctions, 60 Minute Auctions, Buddy Auctions and the Frontpage Auctions just look like an ad. I feel it might help if you added the RED and PINK ribbons across the top like the Popular Auctions, New Auctions and Recent Sales have. That might make them look like a part of eBid instead of an advertisement link.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

my Selling > Auctions I'm Selling
    Listing all your seller details. ---------

I would like to see a reserve listed to remind the seller what they have set the reserve at on reserve auctions.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Would like to be able to have communication between the seller and the buyer without it having to be posted in the listing.

Thanks, Gazza and Mark, for the time you are spending on this but I bet by now the Visine and Murine suppliers are really liking you.
    Last edited by ropegg; 25th March 2006 at 09:04 PM.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

Seamelle just ran a TEST listing so we could see what the Payment Reminder looked like...(fine, all worked OK)..

BUT...I received emails when she updated the shipping and payment details - we need to be able to opt out of these (just as the seller should be able to opt out as per earlier in the thread).

Thanks!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons needed on the "My" pages.

Happy Hour
    60 Minute
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff